1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

They can be combined to become more powerful, as follows...

3 Lesser Mutagens = 1 Regular Mutagen
    3 Regular Mutagens = 1 Greater Mutagen

Ergo I had to find 9 Lesser Red Mutagens to create a single Greater Mutagen, great for increasing combat strength.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Oh well I sold all mine. And how do you combine them?

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

From the crafting menu. Although there's a bug at the moment where if you have a Regular Mutagen in your inventory then another can't be crafted. Workaround at the moment is to drop the Regular Mutagen you have to enable the creation of another. Pickup the dropped Mutagen rinse and repeat. It's a pain at the moment but workable!

Never sell them! They're worthless to traders but very valuable to a Witcher!

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks I Googled to find out. I am going to do a bit of farming to get a few mutagens. This is what I mean by not having enough tutorials. As I said I had loads but no idea I could combine. Ho hum.

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The first time you go to each menu it triggers a written tutorial within the game highlighting what's what. Easy to hammer the key to skip them though so maybe you missed that during the White Orchard level!

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Probably.

7. creative

creative 500rwhp

Admit it Kronos.. you did the man thing and thought "I dont need instructions!" :hehe:

Im just mooching about in boats at the moment rather than doing any missions. Not using the map and just seeing what I come across on my travels!

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Nope I did not do that and it is not the first time I have played this type of game, I have played Skyrim and never ever got my head around crafting ETC. But like Skyrim I have found that most of the crafting is unnecessary and I have got through the game quite reasonably without doing much of it. I think the only enemy I have had trouble with wad a cyclops, but he wad easy to dodge and I got his treasure easily not that I needed it as it was Griffin armour diagrams which I had already got a little bit earlier from a bandit camp.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2015
  9. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Hate to be that guy, but you've asked questions like "how do I do a strong attack?" Doesn't sound like you read the instructions.

I've been needing the oils for my blade early on, especially when fighting a werewolf particularly higher than me. Very handy against enemies that regenerate.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I may well have had the instructions for everything in the beginning but forgive me if I am unable to recall it all. There is far more to remember or think about in this genre of game than my usual FPS. But as I have said I seem to be managing without constant crafting.

11. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Almost sure that each Griffin diagram is unique. You will need them all to make a master Griffin armor.

12. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

There's several different quests. You need the original for the Griffin silver sword for example. Then you need the enhanced one to upgrade it once, superior for the next one and master crafted for the best one. I prefer the griffin set myself, good for a sign caster like me.

13. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Same as me! Although the Ursine Armor looks the best.

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have no idea as I just took the diagrams and never looked to see what I actually found. But I found them by going round the main island of Skellige one lot protected by bandits and the other by a Cyclops who is a very high level but easily avoided.

I think I am coming to the end as I have passed what i thought was the point of no return, The Isle of Mists as it asks if you want to save but low and behold I am back in Novigrad and following Ciri about doing very little.

15. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

You have a little way to go yet....and even once the main storyline is completed you can carry on.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I just want to get to the end and then start again. This time knowing a bit more of how this type of game is played.

17. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

That's a good way to do things, next time around ramp up the difficulty.

Witcher games are pretty easy to blaze through sticking to the main storylines, but the real enjoyment comes from second or more playthroughs on high difficulty settings, taking your time about it, and needing to use the full spectrum of magic abilities, alchemy and combat skills completing as much as you can.

You'll need to use them all at the higher settings, even Drowners can cause serious harm if you take them lightly then. It all becomes more...intense.

I'd also recommend playing the earlier versions before doing so if you enjoyed witcher 3, it will fill in a lot of details for you enriching the whole experience even more, and they are so cheap to get now after all.

There's bound to be some DLC for W3 soon enough as well....

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Well that is that.
    Did I enjoy it? I doubt I could play this type of game often but it made a pleasant change from storming in shooting everything.
    I did feel that a lot of the crafting was unnecessary I wore the armour I had made after getting the tools. A couple of reasonable swords and that was about it. I defeated the final boss on my third try which is OK.
    I do think a lot of the quests added little to the experience as they was far to much travelling involved in a lot of them for small rewards.
    It is worth it exploring though as I came on some nice gear in out or the way places but on the other hand beating the crap out of half a dozen bandits gets you some fried chicken and a couple of Orens.
    Will second play-through and will explore far more, look for secret and hidden stashes and try and follow the story a bit more as I gave up on that towards the end.

19. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I've found some odd monsters, just in the forest, that kill me in a single hit. Two in Velen. A high level griffin and a weird giant with the head of a moose. Just running about is where some of the most fun has occurred. Like a village of cannibals I was able to kill everyone in a single hit and there was loads of them. Just totally out of the blue. I was laughing to myself at 9am, slaughtering *******s. Then half a mile down the road and I am being murdered by Drowners almost just as fast.

20. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Came across the cannibals myself. That was probably the most interesting storytelling I've ever seen because if you explored the surrounding area you would uncover a horrifying untold story. It was really tragic.