1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Bit-Tech Digital 3D Render Gallery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by scooby, 6 May 2009.

1. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Only got a few days ago and still checking out the new features. I'm waiting for VRay driver updates for SU15, should be very soon.

If you are using 3DConnexion Space Nav. mouse driver updates are now out:
    http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html

2. DesignBlueprinter

DesignBlueprinter What's a Dremel?

Very nice, using a 3D mouse will definitely help. I like how it has full Blender support and on Linux too.

I hope/aim to have some renderings on here of my case designs with Blender by next Saturday 11/29/14.

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Decided yesterday to make a 3D version of a headphone stand concept I've had lying around for a while. I've decided to have it 3D printed by my brother (architecture student) who has access to a large bed SLS machine.

Of course, what would a headphone stand be without a pair of headphones? So I modeled a pair of Beyerdynamic T90s to go with it. All rendered in Blender using Cycles, took approx. 7 hours though thanks to the particle system I used for the ear pads and head band. Quite happy with the results though, especially given the quick nature of the project (started yesterday afternoon).

Click for glorious 3840x2160 version:

[​IMG]

4. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Holy colander of FSM! O.O

5. DesignBlueprinter

Nice Maki, what did you model and render in?

6. Maki role

Thanks man! I model using a combination of Blender and Autodesk Inventor. I use Inventor for the accurate CAD stuff where they use basic features like extrusions, fillets, chamfers etc and Blender for more organic elements, like the stand in the above render. I find artist's programs are much better for organic models than CAD programs as you have complete control over the mesh at the lowest level. Rendering was done in Cycles within Blender, brilliant program, especially considering it's free and open source.

7. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

what free software to use on linux/ubuntu

8. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Wonder when this thread will officially pronounced dead... :lol:

9. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

nice render and headphones :rock:

10. DesignBlueprinter

11. DesignBlueprinter

Hopefully never, too much great art here, just need to inspire current/new members to post again.

12. Maki role

Thanks!

I imagine it's partly also down to how the dedicated modding subforum is nowhere near as busy as say the project logs section. Definitely still has its place, but it's not such a bustling spot that's for sure.

I'd post more stuff except for the fact that most of it goes into my project logs anyway, so it's not exactly new content I guess. It would be cool to see what many of the new members would post here. Many are old hands on other forums and have come here to spread their project log reach, so there could be some really cool stuff posted if they knew about this thread.

EDIT: Just so there's some more content regardless of the "newness", here are some renders from my NUC log:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. DesignBlueprinter

I agree with all that you said, and very nice briefcase render Maki, what exactly is the object inside? mini-motherboard?

14. Maki role

Ah that'd be my entry for the 2014/15 Bit-Tech/Intel NUC competition. The link to the log is in my sig if you want to take a look. The case is for if Intel decides to exhibit the entries this year (like they said they would last time...), should help to provide safe passage. The motherboard is the NUC itself, wonderfully tiny things, very versatile too for applications were a lot of power isn't necessary. In time I could see products like that and the Gigabye Brix etc. becoming very popular for office setups when they eventually need to replace things. Being small is just handy, but also being very low power means you can use a smaller/cheaper UPS, which is a very useful feature tbh.

15. DesignBlueprinter

Fascinating, I will go take a look. Just read: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/04/28/review-gigabytes-amd-brix-gives-intels-mini-pc-a-run-for-its-money/ Reminds me of the Mac Mini, although I have never owned one, I am starting to find myself interested in these offerings of a compact platform. I'd like to make/post renderings of custom arduino and raspberry pi enclosure ideas I have been having.

16. Maki role

Let's resurrect this thread once more eh?

Modeled an Asus X99E-WS as part of an upcoming project. Rendered in Blender Cycles, 10 mins or so for each picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Maki role

Expanded upon the previous post with a short video:

18. c0mplx

c0mplx What's a Dremel?

[DELETED]

19. Complx

Complx What's a Dremel?

How I got logged into a different account I will never know, but here is the correct video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwBgBR0P698

20. DesignBlueprinter

My god Maki... what did you model this in?