1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I retract my previous statements about the Mastodon;

[​IMG]

Got a magnamelta, I'm getting one.

Also, Stormbird has been described as "roughly twice the size of the Thunderhawk". Expect ~£800 price tag. Potentially as soon as September.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Apparently there are recesses already cast into the Mastodon kit for magnets

3. liratheal

If they're as good as the "working pistons" in the doors, I wouldn't hold my breath.

They're "working" in the sense that a rod slides into a hole. Sounds perfect for scraping paint if you ask me.

4. Almightyrastus

At least the positions will be marked...

5. liratheal

Or filled by poorly aligned moulds!

Tbh, this was CAD designed and 3D printed, so they bloody well ought to be able to mark out magnet holes.

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

there, told you that you were going to get one... the wallet curse of the treadhead strikes again

Does anyone know a good substitute for the Glass windows in SM flyers ? i just picked up my ( third ) Stormraven but it came without the transparent parts, and my painting Sucks id prefer to have them as opposed to painting up the insides ( i use multiple washes to tint the glass )

also what are peoples opinions on Plasma weaponry, should the coils me Blue ? or Green ?

7. Almightyrastus

Replacement glass can be made from blister packs or plasticard if you don't mind going for the solid look.

Plasma coils are best coloured in a complimenting and contrasting colour to the rest of the model. I would go for green if I was doing Blood Angels whereas Templars would look better with blue (or so I think). I'm currently using blue washed with Nihalck , Nialic , Noolock , that turquiose , blue-green oxide thingy for my Mars painted Skitarii.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I've seen them done blue, green, white, red, purple, yellow... whatever floats your boat tbh... Though i'd pick a colour that stands out against the base colour of the model...

EDIT - basically what almightyrastus said :/

9. lilgoth89

well my army is Iron hands, so everything is a Solid matt black ( basically im crap so i wanted the easiest army to paint as possible, also i am VERY lazy )

was either going to go blue or green but cant decide >_<

10. Almightyrastus

Why do you think I chose Templars?

11. RedFlames

Personally I never painted mine glowing, instead going for a bare metal with heat discolouration look... mainly because of the aforementioned laziness and washes suited my [lack] of painting ability...

This is the kind of look i went for...

[​IMG]

12. lilgoth89

i would have chosen templars if i was starting now, build guys without shoulder pads, spray guys black, shoulder pads white, install shoulder pads and touch up = one new bloke

also has anyone any idea how to do Transfers well ? ( another effort saving measure )

13. RedFlames

I always found the transfers a PITA, esp on shoulderpads... moulded pads Cheesecake!...

EDIT: I know that's not that helpful, but iirc there's stuff you can by that softens the transfers enough for them to adhere to the pad's curves, on flat surfaces it's pretty straight-forward...

Microset... Microsol... Microsomething... Can't remember the name off-hand...

Last edited: 7 Jul 2015
  14. Almightyrastus

microsol is used to soften the carrier film so that you can stretch the transfer around compound curves then Microset is used to set the transfer in place.

When I do the Templar's transfers I cut the carrier film away just leaving the cross itself, need to be proper careful as it makes it super weak but they are far easier to fit around the shape of the pad

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

So out of Dorn/Corax/Alpharius who we will see next- as it wont be long till the Lion and Sanguinius or even the Khan.

Dorn proably wont be seen till Terra, as book 6 is shattered legions- will have rules for Blood Angels/Dark Angels & White Scars, some rumors to suggest the Khan and a few characters.

16. RedFlames

My guess would be Alpharius/Omegon will be next...

Then Corax, then Dorn.

And pure crystal ball gazing -

Khan, Lion, Magnus, Russ, Sanguinius. Reckon Russ and/or Sanguinius will be the last to get done model wise.

17. lilgoth89

i think Dorn will be last...just to annoy Lira :p

is The Big E going to have a model and ruleset ?

18. liratheal

Huh, rumours from where?

The overwhelming reports from FW Open Day was book 6 will be shattered legions with no legion specific rules until Prospero. Sounds like no more new legions for a while to me!

And from what I've heard;

Corax - Problems with the "jumping" pose apparently, no hint whether that's been resolved or not
    Dorn - no word
    Alpharius - Sounds like they're still in the design phases.

I'm expecting Corax/Alpharius/Dorn release schedule wise, but the other popular rumour is all the current Primarchs with rules before the next book.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

20. RedFlames

Peturabo is up for sale -

[​IMG]