1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Overclockers RMA experience

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 11 Jul 2015.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Hi all.

Just wanted to share an experience with you all.

On 27/06 I purchased a 'B Grade' Asus Rampage IV Gene motherboard from Overclockers - before I did this I PM'd Andrew8200m from this forum, who I know used to work there, to ask about B Grade items. He mentioned that since Asus gave out credit for faulty items, it was most probably just a customer return (though of course no guarantees).

Anyway, upon receiving the board on the Tuesday (very prompt thanks to using DPD), I fired her up and found out that the left hand RAM bank was faulty. I then raised an RMA with overclockers, who accepted my return straight away. I had brief conversation with support who were very friendly, and compliant in my request for repair rather than a full refund.

From there, I posted my board on the Tuesday, and they received it Wednesday morning and notified me of this by email. Later that same day they confirmed that a new/repaired board would eventually be shipped out to me and informed me of my new order number. I then scanned in my postage receipt (£8.50) and sent it to them. Today, I received that amount credited back into my account.

So, I'm currently waiting on a new/repaired board, which could take up to 28 days, depending on how long it takes Asus to repair and return it to Overclockers.

I'll update you all as the story progresses, but suffice to say, so far my RMA experience has been absolutely excellent. If it continues as it has, I would have no qualms recommending Overclockers to anyone with concerns about after sales service.

2. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I've used them for some parts for the 3 builds I did over the last 2 weeks, been happy with their service so far and I shall continue to use them for the foreseeable future given the issues I've had with Scan for the same builds.

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Hmm perhaps they have upped their game then. I have ordered stuff from them last year but have had no need to RMA anything - very little that can go wrong with speakers and a case to be fair :)

4. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Have found Overclockers very helpful myself, on the other hand, warranty doesn't seem to be in Scan's vocabulary!

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I very recently had to return a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force to Overclockers - It was sent on Tuesday, received on Wednesday, tested and confirmed as faulty on Thursday and the refund I had requested was issued same day.

Wherever possible I use them as my main source for components these days, their Customer Service is absolutely flawless in my own personal experience (which has been the case every time I've needed to contact them) :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Jul 2015
  6. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I've recently started using OCUK more as well, and I cannot fault them. I've never had an issue with Scan, but it always changes and depends who you get I suppose. My pet hate is the 28 day wait that they can legally make use of when your product goes wrong, but all (r)etailers are entitled to do this, so it's not just one of them who is to blame.

I gave box.co.uk a try recently as they 1) sponsor our OC forum and 2) were cheaper. Their service can't be faulted either - I had a reply from a representative within 10 minutes of calling. They promised to email me the details and within 10 mins, I had an email with what was promised. You cannot fault that.

7. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

I bought a Case few months back, that I wasnt happy with it when it arrived. RMA sorted in minutes over the phone, case collected and refunded extremely promptly.

They have really upped their game recently and I find myself looking at their site first when I am looking for stuff.

I still buy stuff from Scan as well the free delivery really does help, never had to RMA something to them so I cant comment. My only annoyance with scan is that next day delivery sometimes really doesnt mean next day which can be frustrating.

8. Parge

Yeah, I'd love Overclockers to extend their free delivery offer to the bit tech forum.

9. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

But they won't because of their own forum.

10. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

I've been using OcUK for years, I've never had an issue, IMO (as many have mentioned), the service has got even better!

11. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Overclockers was bought out by the Caseking group back in 2012, whereas most of the horror stories about bad RMA/support experiences with them came from the pre-2012 incarnation of the company.

That said, as an anecdote; I did an RMA with the pre-2012 company and didn't have any trouble back then either, but I know others did.

12. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

As Behemoth has stated Tom but also they have no need to with their own forum support as strong as it is.

13. Parge

Yeah, and I totally get that. Building a community is great for customer loyalty. It just means that at the moment 90% of my orders go straight to Scan instead of them. The only times I go to OCers is if its something only they have available.

14. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Well that is the choice of the consumer, I don't have to worry about shipping costs as I have free shipping with both :p

15. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I thought I was going to read a long winded rant as usually most people only post about negative experiences.

16. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

It sounds like the people there are treating you right but 28 days seems very excessive.

I realize you said "repair" vs refund, but still, if a repair is to take that long, I think you should be sent a replacement - one that has already been "factory refurbished".

I note your warranty period most likely started on the day of your original purchase.

JMHO.

17. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

28 days is normal in England and I have had it last that long in the past. It's extremely frustrating to say the least.

18. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

My RMA experience with OcUK over the years has always been faultless.

Scan on the other hand............... the one RMA I had I was lied too quite blatantly. Also tried to change an order while it was still processing and not even picked. Received the original item and was told I could arrange an RMA if I wanted to swap it. They will never get any of my money again.

19. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

A number of years ago I RMAd a motherboard and had no issues that I recall with Overclockers.

20. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

If it has to be sent out of country then I can see it taking awhile. But still, that seems all the more reason to send a replacement (even if "factory refurbished) than to troubleshot, order parts, replace parts, and return that one.

The idea is to satisfy the customer so they will buy ASUS again and tell their friends to buy ASUS.

So is this 28 days OC saying that, or ASUS?