1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox Hunting Petition

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Pookie, 13 Jul 2015.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

As much as I'm not a fan of toffs riding around the countryside while their pack of half starved dogs hunts down a fox (That they bred specifically for the sport) to rip it apart... a petition isn't going to make the slightest difference.

If there's enough right wing sods voting to repeal the ban - it'll get repealed. It doesn't matter if 51% or 99% of the public is against them.

The gits into fox hunting have already demonstrated they don't give a sh*t about such things because THEY ARE INTO FOX HUNTING!

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yeah what's the point in trying then :rolleyes:

Oscar Wilde

“The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable!”

Signed

Last edited: 13 Jul 2015
  4. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Signed. Even if it makes no difference to the vote at least I tried to make a difference rather than do nothing :thumb:

5. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Unfortunately I think this is more about political fighting between the conservatives and the SNP rather than fox hunting.

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

So was that a YES I voted or NO? last time I asked a fox it said it didn't matter what party condoned it getting chased till the dogs ripped it apart felt just as horrific

7. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I'm not sure about what point your making?

The Torys are using this issue to make the SNP vote on something that "doesn't affect them" as its only in England. (Fox hunting with unlimited dogs is still legal in Scotland for "pest purposes")
    In today's news it looks like they achieved this and the vote has been delayed because of the SNP.

The Torys will now use this to support English laws for England and stop the SNP blocking Tory policy.

I can't imagine the Tory's are stupid enough to repeal something so unpopular, they are simply using it as a tool to get something else, Bad I know but that's politics.

8. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

LOL, oh what a high opinion of the Tories you have.

Would this be the same Tories who wouldn't be stupid enough make recent cuts that make 13,000,000 'not rich' families worse off? The same Tories who at the same time change some tax rules to make the 'well off' slightly better off?

9. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

This would be the same kind of Tories I once stood in an office with, arguing against their stance unsurprisingly ;), who claimed fox hunting was fine, as was the Iraq war and (just for good measure) if necessary pre-emptive strikes on China could be justified. Those Tories you mean? :hehe:

10. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Not sure that one translates as a lot of people support elements of the last budget.
    Myself included since I'm a single and on minimum wage and don't claim any tax credits I will be better off under the new rules.
    Where as in a recent poll 3/4 of people are opposed to re introducing fox hunting.

Besides those are other issues, the Tory's are clearly using this for other means, yes people should show they are against it but maybe they should focus on the legal loop holes which means hunting still continues since the ban.

11. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I know a lot of people into fox/deer hunting. I don't see the point of relaxing the laws. Neither do most of them. Fact of the matter is, they've been getting on business as usual now, for as long as it has been banned. They even had an uptake in membership around the time it was banned first time round.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]

Fox dozing in the morning sun in our garden, a few weeks ago.

13. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

Glad to see that its been defeated thanks to the SNP.

A horrible barbarric sport that has no place in 21st century society.

14. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

This wouldn't even be an issue if it didn't involve the aristocrat douche-lords. Since it does, the dilemma is whether to appease the voters or the lobbyists.

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm glad Sturgeon stepped in on this otherwise it probably would've been voted in. Blood sports have no place in modern society and yet so many of them still go on. I'm glad fox hunting isn't one of them.

The newspapers actually tried to make us feel guilty about it, by saying that fox hunting dogs get culled because they don't hunt. Maybe just keep them as domestic pets and love them you asshats. Makes me wonder if high society has love, or is it just all money?

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

want to tell that to Scotland who allow it then??

17. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

You can't keep them as pets sadly. It doesn't work that way. They are born and raised as a pack animal but unlike domestic dogs they actually have a pack. They aren't domestic dogs in the sense we are used to. It's a bit like re-homing a racing greyhound. Sure you can re-home it but it's chase instinct is so strong it'll try and kill any cat it sees. The issue with fox hounds is those instinct are even stronger still. You can't just domesticate them.

Simply putting them down is probably for the best.

EDIT: Just to be clear of course you technically can keep a foxhound as a pet but they make damn awful pets. Destructive, virtually impossible to train, hard to house train, noisy as hell... You get the idea.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2015
  18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Sure, but "they are doing it too!" is not an excuse for one's own bad behaviour.

19. megamale

megamale Minimodder

Funny this. As a foreigner I have the distinct feeling this is part of the wider incomprehensible class wars still raging in England.

How is this crueler than shooting pheasant? or deer? or religious slaughtering? And if it is an issue with cruelty why aren't animal activists up in arms elsewhere in Europe where it is allowed.

Truth is, this is the clearest form of minority oppression. It's a toff sport, and we hate toffs. Perhaps Polo next?

20. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

The SNP want to bring it in line with English law, so having the English law change would hamper their upcoming attempts in the Scottish Parliament to make a change to the Scottish law, or at least I read that on one of the many sites.