1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Connecting ip address to ip address

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by numanoid, 14 Aug 2015.

1. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Hi guys how do you open ports on a pc for a ip to ip online game? my son and his mate have been trying for ages to join a game on either my ip or his but never connects....the game is sudden strike 2...thanks guys :thumb:

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

You will need to port forward on your router and allow the ports on your PC firewall or is this all at your house?

3. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Cheers mate, its house to house....son wants to play his mate down south, just wont connect matey..:thumb:

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Not sure if it's the right answer, but have you considered Hamachi ? (If it's still around).

It would connect 2 IPs and make it appear as if they were on the same LAN, making it easier to set up games.

5. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I think you need to have real public facing ip's not any ISP's private issued that is nat'ed?

6. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

second vote for Hamachi, used it to play CS:GO with a few guys in Europe (and yes still around)

7. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Thank you so much guys...ill tell him

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nope. You just need to forward ports on the router, set up a DMZ, or use a VPN like Hamachi. No need for your internal machines to be outside the NAT network.

9. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Most routers have some games pre-setup, ie which ports are needed to be 'let thru' the firewall. My previous free router from Plusnet did and my free router from BT does the same.