1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Loafers, 22 Aug 2012.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

No they didnt. And its a big problem for many players. The game would be more fun if players could fix the issues with mods.

Titans is another kick in the teeth in truth. They class it as a stand alone expansion and not dlc means people who backed the game with all dlc do not get it for free.

PA is a flawed RTS Game that has never really backed up the promise of what was shown in kickstarter.

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

But it is free to all backers. Just update the game and you have it.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Rollo might mean, feel free to correct me Rollo, all pre-release purchasers, i.e. all the people who also paid on Steam before the game was actually released and was still in Early Access. I think some of the steam pricing tiers went up pretty high too IIRC. I'd consider those people backers, though I would since I bought it before release! All Kickstarter backers get the expansion free to my knowledge.

The mention of Titans is making me want to play Sins!

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've bought the titan pack but I got the 66% off deal.

No idea when I'll actually get around to playing it though.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Was there even a tier for all DLC?

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

No, there was not.

7. Parge

Thought so.

Rollo, check your sources before writing stuff down, I feel like I'm going around tidying up after a child.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Sorry, just noticed this. Err, what? As far as I can see, it's delivered admirably.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

The initial Steam early access offered all dlc with some of the tiers. People who purchased those packages have not recieved Titan. It's delivered what they set out to achieve. Personally expected more. The fact I've played it below 30 hours and sup com over 200 hours shows how I feel about the 2 titles.

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

imagine planetary annihilation but with VR, you could zoom right down into the map / planet, then from up zoomed out be god mode.

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Even with the discount i am reluctant to pay for Titan's- this content really should have been in the main game- it got more then enough funding and this content is needed to fix the main game.

12. rma

rma Minimodder

So I guess the original PA is now 'finished' in their eyes!!!

Really regret buying it in EA on Steam!

13. Parge

Sounds like you just aren't a fan of the game.

Why should it have been in the main game?

Not sure, there might be more DLC to come in a year or so.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

I loved it Parge for first few weeks and then kinda got bored. Global eco war gets old fast.

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Wow - 30 quid for what looks like DLC or at best a mini expansion!

I was terrible at PA while still finding it fun and being impressed with a solar system wide conflict. Also for the insane number of units in play at any one time, it ran really well, even over my terrible connection.

But PA did seem to lack compared to Supreme commander, which if I recall correctly did have super large units to help with the end game phases.

Upon checking further on the steam page, the titans update shows as 66% discounted for me, costing about 10 quid, weird as I got into PA very late on and only paid a fiver for it.
    I don't really understand why they don't just charge everyone the flat 10 quid fee for the titans update, it's clearly not worth the 30 quid it's being advertised for.

That aside, unless they add full save and resume capability into the multiplayer side, I can't imagine i'll ever play this again.

16. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

while its a sneaky thing to do its isn't £30 for DLC.

It is £30 for the game which includes PA and PA titans. There is now no PA only PA titans therefore £30 is pretty standard price to pay for a game.

i quite enjoyed playing it when it was in beta. i actually picked it up for £5 in steam sale so to pay an extra £10 and therefore only £15 for a full game which is actually quite fun seems like a good deal to me really.

I can however see why people would be peeved about this especially if they bought the game for £30 and now need to stump up an extra £10

Last edited: 21 Aug 2015
  17. loftie

loftie Multimodder

If by updates you mean patches, I'm fairly sure they said that PA will still get the patches since it's the same as Titans, just Titans has extra units. Obviously if they decide to bring out an update for Titans that, lets say, adds extra units I doubt those will come to PA.

As for steam discount, again I believe I read that it's 66% off for anyone who owns/owned PA on steam before August 15th? Basically anyone. But this offer expires in October, though they did mention that this is something to do with how Steam handles offers. Whether that's true or not who knows, I suspect if it is, there might be a new offer in October for owners of PA to get 66% off Titans.

18. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

yeah had a look - i thought you wouldn't get any more updates as they have removed it from steam

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The base game while okay did feel unfinished in the late game and space combat was light, titan's fills out the missing units in each tech and adds more options to the late game.

Titan's looks to be the completed game that people where hoping for, its a lot closer to supreme commander now then when pa launched.

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Have been playing a bit more PA recently- was going through the galactic campaign and you can select the titan tech and 50% titan material cost techs, though neither can be used in the game.