1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

just as the sun buggers off till next year. lol :cooldude:

2. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

Brought a pair of these...

Zyxel PLA 5205 600Mbps Powerline Adaptor

[​IMG]

Need more ports so a gigabyte switch was on the cards

NETGEAR GS305-100UKS 5-port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch

[​IMG]

Just need to buy some decent Cat5e cables.

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

[​IMG]

Brand new Countryman Cooper SD.

It's the one in Sytner's showroom at the mo so has a mad option list on it. Got it for lower monthly payments that we are currently on. £30 a year road tax... nice

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

£713 worth of Ikea furniture for the new office. Not looking forward to putting it all together - or getting it all up the stairs, for that matter - but it should be good when it's done. A Fjälkinge shelving unit, two 5x5 Kallax shelving units, ten lidded boxes for same, a huge 160x80cm Signum sitting/standing desk, a Signum cable management thingy, and a Riggad LED worklamp with built-in Qi charging pad. Spent a chunk of today taping out the footprint to the floor, making sure everything would fit: I'll be putting my old desk in there as a photography workbench, too, and it's all a bit tight but should just about fit!

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Building it is the best bit...

We complete on our new house on Friday so the first thing I'll be doing is measuring everywhere up for a CAD drawing. That'll let me work out the footprints of furniture before buying it (or even before moving anything we already have in)

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I did things the old fashioned way: cut-outs stuck down with Blu-tak on draughtsman's gridded paper. Worked nicely!

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

In the past I've done it 10:1 in Visio, as it's what we have at work.

Computers are great and all that but nothing beats a printout that you can move around!

8. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

A new IPS monitor at last! I've opted for a Dell U2515H 2560x1440 display:

[​IMG]

I'll be ditching my HP 2210i TN panels when its delivered on Wednesday (I forgot its a Bank Holiday in England/Wales and was wondering why I couldn't get a delivery arrange for tomorrow).

I have also treated my Peugeot RCZ to a Silver Valet at Valet Tech in Stirling. It's not in too bad a state as its only a few months old but could do with a bit of cleaning inside and out since my wife has been driving it instead of her 4x4 to the stable yard. :rolleyes:

Probably going to have to buy an expensive car park ticket at Glasgow Airport tonight when I collect my mum and Dad. No free pickups as far as I know. :miffed:

9. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

[​IMG]
    120TPI version

After riding part of the Viking Challenge course (Reverse Belvoir loop) yesterday, it quickly became apparent that the current 32c CX tyres on my bike weren't really up to the job, So some beefier rubber should help next weekend when I ride it again.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

[​IMG]

one of these...

11. walle

walle Minimodder

Same here. Got mine just four days ago and I'm very happy with it so far, 1440p at 25" is perfect! The image doesn't look pixelated and text is razor sharp. :thumb:

12. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Running low on coffee so I'm trying to decide what to order next. I buy green beans, usually 2x 1Kg bags, and roast them myself.

This time I'm thinking of ordering a couple of varieties I've never tried before, one African and one South American: 1Kg of Yirgacheffe and 1Kg Bucaramanga.

Any thoughts?

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

[​IMG]

This.
    I just paid for this + Hard case + Shipping.
    Next stop, getting the shipping notice and paying import VAT.
    If I get lucky, it may still make it this week.

14. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

[​IMG]

Rockin retro like 1989. Take that six long haul flights in a short period.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Niiice. I had that same model, boxed and mint. Sadly, it went - along with the Sega Mega Drive, Mega CD, Saturn and a shedload of games for each - a couple of clear-outs ago.

16. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Pentium 571 for the princely sum of £2 for a older 915 pacbel machine.

2nd fastest Pentium 4 ever made and without doubt the hottest.

Now to find a cooler to tame the beast!

17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

[​IMG]
    http://mikesshot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/im-giant-fan-but-not-giant-fan.html

18. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Ah mate that's a real shame. They're all starting to be worth a few quid now. Don't get me wrong, not mega money. But they're worth more than the paperweights they were a few years ago. I'm fitting a lipo and usb charger in this to take on long hauls.

Ive reverted a few years and recently dug out my Amiga 1200 and CD32, the 500 can stay boxed. Good times to be had once I've checked over the motherboards for blown caps and bought a compact flash drive and booster board for the 1200.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My iStick 50W is pretty much dead, so I ordered an IPV D2 Temp Control mod:

[​IMG]

And because I now have a temperature control mod, I thought it only right that I get some nickel coils:

[​IMG]

I also wanted some regular coils:

[​IMG]

I went round to a mate's house on the weekend and he has a Neo Geo MVS board with a supergun hooked up to a very nice CRT TV. It was very impressive. So I finally got off my backside and ordered some bits to make the arcade control panel I've wanted to do for a while:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice.

NICE :D

20. Gareth Halfacree

At my peak, I had nearly 70 vintage microcomputers and consoles. With a second child on the way, though, I've had to cut down considerably. Still got a pair of Amigas, though: an A500Plus with 68010 accelerator board and FPU plus 512KB RAM expansion and internally-fitted Gotek USB floppy emulator, and an A1200 beast with 4GB CF, Squirrel SCSI linked to a CD-ROM, second floppy, and a Blizzard Mk.IV 68030 50MHz with matching FPU and 32MB of RAM. Amazing machine, that!