1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Spotted a brand new Audi RS6 at the McDonalds drive-thru this afternoon. Didn't have my phone with me at the time but it was all black with tinted windows and stock alloys, easy enough to find on google. When you see this car in person, the last thing you think is "560HP biturbo V8, 0-60 3.9 secs". Hell yeah.

[​IMG]

2. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

saw one of these [​IMG]

Didnt take a pic because owner seemed rather in a rush lol

3. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Decent weekend with the caddy forum
    [​IMG]

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

i saw TWO porsche 918s yesterday. one of them was the weissach edition with some racing type stuff on it

pretty ridiculous to see for my area, where the fanciest cars normally are teslas and the occasional GT-R

5. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Badass. Second steam engine we saw on the move this morning!
    [​IMG]

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I saw a diesel Porsche the other day. A big lump of a thing it was, a Panamera I think.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2015
  7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The Panameras are huge. I often see a completely blacked out turbo version, well all black aside from the bright yellow brake calipers.

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I wasn't even aware that they sell those anywhere outside Southern Africa.
    A mate of mine has one of those Turbo'd up with a SERIOUS piece of turbo on an older 2Litre S3 engine.
    That thing goes like stink.

I see Panameras quite regularly. HUGE is the right word. And those backs aren't the sexiest Porsche has ever built (and that's saying a bit - Porsches tend to be much prettier from the front)

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

You're not kidding! It completely filled a supermarket parking space and the front even stuck out a bit. It was so big that at first, looking at the front, I thought it was a lowered/blinged-up 4x4 Porsche thing (Cayenne?).

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The first time I saw one was when one drove past us just after pulling away from some lights, my first thought was 'oo Porsche... hang on, there's more... and more... what the hell was that?'

11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

My friend bought a F430 Scuderia 16M on the weekend. Took a ride in that, one of 26 RHD models in the world. It was ****ing mental.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Your friend either saved up a whole lot of money or makes good money. Can't say i'm not jealous. Always had a spot for the 430 Scuds

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

The Dorset steam rally (the biggest in Europe) starts tomorrow!

14. walle

walle Minimodder

A Volkswagen karmann ghia, unfortunately I never got the chance to take pictures of it.

15. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

They sold them in the US in the mid 80s, Europe from 89 to 91 then SA after that haha.

The one there with the massive intercooler was running a VR6 Turbo (540hp). THAT was mental.

I saw mine coming home from the Shrewsbury Steam Rally. I hope to go to Dorset Steam Fair one day.

16. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Both ;)

He's actually bought it as more of an investment, so we took it for a spin but she's going straight into storage. He had two choices you see, buy a house or buy a 16M.

His decision is why he's my friend. :D

I'm sure some will say that it's mental not ever really driving a car like that or letting the world see it, but the rarity of that one in particular, putting 1000 miles on it basically costs you £10k in mid term appreciation alone.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I hope it works out for your mate.

I also have a feeling that, if presented with a choice, I would have chosed the 16M as well... haha

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Likewise. The 430 Scud - and sure, the 16M too - is still the Ferrari I love most. The Italia simply doesn't convey that... brutishness. :D It'll take some doing for Ferrari to top the Scuds for me, and given the increasing electric/hybrid content, it may never happen. In a way, I see the Scuds as the last of the "true" Fezzas.

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I can't believe what some Testarossas are going for nowadays. A few years ago you couldn't give them away, now I see them listed at anything from £100k-200k.

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Savile row, just two feet down from cop shop admit was last week not got around to post it.