1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Clone Windows 10 to RAID 0 array? Help me boot!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Bungletron, 19 Oct 2015.

1. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

So I am thinking of cloning my single 1TB Windows 10 system disk to a 1TB RAID 0 array on an Intel Z77 board, I have not even made the array yet.

My plan is to first create the array in Intel Rapid Storage, I assume the bios setting should be switched from ACHI to RAID before doing so? Then clone the disk over and decommission the original system disk.

Are there steps that must be carried out before or after cloning to make sure the new array is bootable? Cheers,

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Yeah I'd do it that way. However when switching from AHCI to RAID you need to boot into safe mode first time through or you will more than likely encounter a blue screen. Not sure if it still applies to Windows 10 but at least you'll know if you do see a BSOD.

There are other ways of doing it should this not work for any reason but your plan is by far the easiest.

Edit: You are configuring the RAID outside of Windows right?

3. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Yes, want to use the intel raid controller, caught in a reboot loop now, will try the safe mode boot if that doesn't work, cheers :thumb:

4. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

yeah, boot into safe mode fixed it, booted straight after

5. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Good to know you're up and running :) I'm not actually sure why safe mode fixes it (other than it puts the driver in) but it just does lol