1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Returns policy Amazon

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kovoet, 20 Oct 2015.

1. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Guys stuck in hospital till Saturday but wondered of anyone could do me a huge favour. Got this gfx card in November last had it for a month or so then sold it to someone here. But its over heating. Trying on my laptop but can't seem to find where I can send it back for repair or anything like that.
    Sold by them on Amazon Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. and it s a Gainward GTX 770 phantom

Please your help would be appreciated.

2. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Get in touch with Amazon via live chat buddy, they should arrange a return. You can't do it via the site after 30 days iirc, but live chat will sort it :).

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Or do I go direct to Gainward and request an RMA

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Try Amazon first, then go to Gainward direct if needed.

Kovoet likes this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I would think that would be akin to peeing in the wind mate.

Amazon will sort it. Best customer service/returns policy anywhere IMO.

6. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Just had a problem with a baby monitor that was borked after 11 months of use. Went around the houses on the site, but then tried live chat. They sorted a replacement to be sent out the next day and allowed to send the old one back in the new one's box. Can't fault their customer services.

Kovoet likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

I bought an electric sander from their Warehouse thing. Good and cheap like... Any way, about 13 months later I finally went to use it and the motor popped and died.

I got a full refund and they sent a courier to collect it. I really can't fault Amazon. I had a AMD 990 board go bang once and the clocks were dropping all the time. Again, just collected it and gave me a full refund. If that were other companies they would have tested it and argued the toss with me.

And that's the difference with Amazon. Their reps don't give a crap what it is you're sending back they just replace or refund with absolutely no arguments or expensive phone calls.

Kovoet likes this.
  8. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I think Amazon f*ck over their suppliers though in order to give the customers this service ?

Not faulting them, half of my computer bits come from Amazon on every build. Slowly moving away from Scan.

9. Vault-Tec

I don't think so. Most of it they test and sell on their Warehouse. This used to be absolutely fantastic but recently prices have edged upward and they're now only a few quid less than buying new which is a shame.

They are guilty of not testing things properly though. I've had a couple of blatantly used and faulty products when buying from the Warehouse.

TBH I think it's just their sheer might that allows them to offer such great customer service. I've had problems with two or three UK based companies and have sent things back to them, only for them to start picking the peanuts out of poo and arguing the toss with me.

And I really CBA with that sort of thing. You know? GPUs that get hotter than spec or a board with weak phases that can't overclock for toffee.

10. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Tried so hard to find live chat on Amazon but no luck but reading through it has asked me to go through the supplier. Request sent.

11. Xir

Xir Modder

Ah...should've gone through live chat.

Logon -> Help -> further Help* -> Contact us, in Step 3 you can select livechat or call me back.

*I don't know what it says in English as my account is in German

Kovoet likes this.
  12. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Thanks as gains are have come back staying I have to go through Amazon. Will do this tomorrow morning

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

13. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Amazon have an exceptionally buyer friendly return policy, but I would say their most likely to offer a refund rather than replacement or repair.

Obviously with an 11 month old GPU this may be beneficial to you...
    Never returned something like that though so not sure. I think Amazon's customer guarantee is 12 months so I wouldn't hang around.

I'd second that live chat is best. Easy to be clear and quick. Type the problem before and copy paste it into the chat window. Also even if you do have to wait you can just do stuff in a different window while you wait.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2015
    Kovoet likes this.
  14. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys for all the help now they were brilliant and a replacement is on its way. REP added

Last edited: 26 Oct 2015
  15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

They are brilliant.

My daughters cloud headset was bent and fraying at one of the jack plugs, hadn't physically stopped working but Amazon replaced them even though they had gone past the 1 year return to them time period so I was looking at having to send them back to Kingston, most likely at my cost.

16. Vault-Tec

The only gripe I have with Amazon is that they don't have a specific PC store. That's about the only thing I could possibly complain about. It would be nice if they did a break off PC store so finding what you want was a little easier, or, allowed you to browse categories easier.

Their customer service is exemplary. No other company even comes within a whiff.

Just a shame that when you order PC parts from them it kinda feels like you're wandering around Debenhams, rather than a computer shop.

17. Xir

Xir Modder

I'd like to be able to tick off all "Marketplace" vendors, and only see whats directly from Amazon (or at least "delivered by")

18. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Everything direct from Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon is eligible for Prime whereas marketplace items aren't. There is a check box on the left column to show just Prime items.

19. Vault-Tec

That's good to know cheers.

My wife and I have Prime, though I have not been able to use our account lately 'cause she's been ordering me Christmas presents :D

20. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Vault-Tec, you can have your own Prime accounts and still get the free delivery.

Have a look at Amazon Households on this page https://www.amazon.co.uk/mn/dcw/myx.html/ref=kinw_myk_surl_1#/home/settings/payment - you can even share your Instant Video across accounts.

Alternatively, you can visit this page https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/primecentral?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_set_pc and under the "Share your Prime benefits" area you can simply allow up to four people in your family to share just the free delivery stuff.