1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

We have two attics, one with all my stuff and one with all her's. Wife couldn't find one of the kids bike helmets and for some reason thought it might be in the attic (mine) so went up and discovered all the gifts I had bought her and the kids for Xmas.

First time she's been up there for over 3 years. WTF

Silly bish

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I was up in the attic recently looking for some stuff, and found a present I'd meant to give to the kids a few years back. Shame really, as they'd have loved a puppy.

Goatee likes this.
  3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Did a sportif earlier (its a bike ride basically) at the finish line we were handed protein shakes, I didnt ask if there was milk in it. Im Lactose intolerant, it had milk an ive been in an out of the loo since :miffed:

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Feeling pretty crap, my otherwise fit and healthy brother has been in and out of hospital with heart issues that are likely related to the same thing i occasional suffer from. My grandad is not well and going through various tests to explain his rapid weight loss. My otherwise strong father is falling apart at the seams because of the above and other issues and spent most of Saturday evening watching him cry (maybe second time i've seen this) My mother is on my back every second of every day.

Other than that i'm dandy.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2015
  5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Trouble connecting to the interweb on two of my PC's but a restart of the router seemed to solve it earlier but only temporarily as I lost it again. Thought time to phone Plusnet to see if the issue there end but their 'award winning customer service' predicted a 45-60 minute wait to speak to someone.
    Don't know what made me think of trying it but my good ladies PC is connected via a separate hub. On booting hers up she was connected. So what could the problem be. Could it be the recently bought D-Link 8 port hub or an Ethernet cable.

Cue Stanley knife and recently fitted hall carpet and I think you know where this is going. And yes on trying another cable and after taking up the old one I spotted not one but two nicks in the cable.
    So had to pull up all three carpets and lay a new Ethernet cable but a lesson will be learnt to quote all politicians.

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

After just 8 months my sisters ( and by extention the house's ) Dog had to be put down at 7pm today

he kept being sick over the weekend and the vet said he had kidney disiese and unfortunatly the chances of him making a full recovery were pretty slim. They also alluded to that this is likely a very long issue for him, and that the kennel we got him from ( where he lived for over a year ) likely also knew of his condition, and maybe even the folks that put him there while they went on holiday and never returned could of known. None of this was told to us, and maybe if it had of been, we could have regulated his diet better and he could of still been with us...

unfortunatly the kennels are likely to claim ignorance in the matter so nothing can be done, but i find it hard to believe that nobody wanted him as he was as good as gold, and we got him for free which is also slightly suspect...

all in all im glad we gave him 8 months of love and care that he wouldnt of gotten living in a kennels, but angry that the people could of known and we could of still had him...

7. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Windows 10.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This is a sad story indeed. But I have to ask why you did not get the dog checked by a vet when you first got it?

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Had my flu jab yesterday and the side effects have just started to kick in. I'm getting tired, low on strength and everything has started to ache. It'll all be gone tomorrow but right now I feel like mild death.

10. legoman

I hate that jab, "lets give you this jab so you dont get the flu" Whats in the jab. Sodding flu! an it seems worse than most of the ones you could end up with.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Only the flu they shoot you with is dead.

Got mine on Saturday. Expect the odd ache here and there and some chills but usually doesn't last long.

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I have had proper flu twice and no matter what this jab throws at me, there is no way that it could be worse than the real deal. I came out of it last time a shadow of what I was before, never felt so ill.

13. legoman

True when you have full blown flu it pretty much ruins you.

Ruining my day is our "lovely" firewall team. Ran a wireshark trace on a user who cant access his virtual machine at home. Sent a full copy of the trace. Host IP, destination IP and mine for filtering. They rejected it because I need to tell them what ports not working. They are the network analysts not me!

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah it's bad. I suffered my first bout of flu when I was 18. It kept me in bed for around a month.

The woman nextdoor to my mother works at the co op. So she's basically a walking dose of the flu every winter and does not care about being around people and passing it on. When I lived with my mother she basically gave me a dose three times, right at Christmas.

I suffer from severe depression and I can safely say that nothing else on this planet of ours makes me feel worse than a dose of the flu. Seriously, it pushes me to constant suicidal thoughts.

The first week or so I am OK but as it drags on it just completely wears you down both physically and mentally.

So, for three years running now I've had my shot in October and touch wood have had three very happy Christmases :)

Oh. And the worst flu is the sodding "Yoyo flu". Basically it lasts for about two weeks full on, then you feel better for about a week and then it firking comes back again, making you feel worse than ever.

God, I hate flu.

15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

House/Flats rental pricing. I just happen to reside in one of the most expensive areas outside of London, And i don't earn enough to afford something, Found loads of places i can afford in Yorkshire though, But my wages would drop to reflect the costs there... sigh.

Sam

16. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Second or third time posting here?

I've been in a funk for months, can't seem to get out of it.
    I feel that people are taking advantage of my "you come first" nature (i'm aggressively generous to my friends), but I can't stop.

I flip out at my friends as a result, and I feel like im burning every bridge I have.
    My best friend, she's lived with me for 8-9 months doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with me other than the courteous "how are you doing?" in the mornings. I ****ed that one up!

We used to do a lot together, spend a lot of time talking into stupid oclock, now it feels like she's not interested, and I'm a burden to her.

I can't tell if it's my mind doing that or if there's actually a real problem - she says not, but we can't ever seem to connect any more.

I feel so alone most days because I feel I can't trust people.
    I don't want to open up to them because I feel they'll take advantage.

In short, I'm losing my mind and I hate it.

I'm planning on going to the head-docs for some help as I feel im in a downward spiral.
    I don't know how to climb out of it, I feel i need the support of my friends but the list is getting smaller and I don't know how to explain how im feeling to them.

17. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I've just deleted what I put up before. Why? Because it's minor, unlikely to affect my health too much. Career? Possibly but not too likely. I actually bothered to read what you'd said after I'd posted my mini rant. Sorry about that.

I've only quoted a little bit of your post, reiterating the rest of it won't help as you've nailed it on the head right there. I hit my maximum stress point earlier this year, I blew up in the office (in front of one of the directors, of course) and was hysterical. Completely out of control but when fight or flight was handed out I got the "I don't do running" version and am from a large family so I ended up hyper aggressive. It wasn't pretty. Then again, nor am I.

Work were good about it, leave of absence and new role. I dun ****ed that one up! My entire v1 was an "I screwed up!" bit. It's salvageable. Just an arse.

Talk to the psychiatrists, they can only help if you do so. Look at stress management techniques, some are a bit out there but others simply work.

Much as I hate to say it, if you can't explain what you're feeling to a friend then are they really one? I have very few but the ones I have are precious. They ask nothing of me that they don't expect of themselves. I can live with that.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2015
  18. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

@notmeagain I'm no doc, but I would say it's your dependence on friendships that may be the root of your problem. People are messy subjects and friendships can deteriorate for all manner of reasons, many of which can be completely beyond your control. Overanalysing friendships is a bad path to go down. Recognise when a relationship has changed and move on.

19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. I would probably say its your own negative perception of the situation but this is purely based on my own experience and may be false. I understand the need to talk to someone but finding it difficult taking the thoughts in your head and saying them concisely out loud while making sense.

My message inbox is open if you just need some ears :thumb:

For me: Family seems to be in emotional ruin with the prospect of my grandad having cancer and brothers operation (he also can't be left unsupervised incase an episode is life threatening), Time to be the strong one and return to pull some pieces together!

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

This year I had the flu jab and got a bit sick for a few days, including a wonderful night of puking.

Last year I didn't get the flu jab and spent a couple days in January this year in hospital with a temperature in the 40s, missed a week of work and had to go through meningitis screening. Lucky for me they decided/discovered it wasn't before the lumbar puncture, but after the chest Xrays and the very strong anti biotics that made me even sicker.

All things considered, I'll take the one bad night over that.