1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 30 Oct 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

aaaaand that's where you lost me.

£150 for a board that has been dampened. Most keyboard enthusiasts have tried o rings or landing pads, and most of them quickly decide that it isn't worth it.

I can see some value in quieting the return clack, because it shouldn't really have an impact on feel.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2015
  3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I've been happily using a G710+, which has damped (gasp!) MX Browns. Not everyone wants a clacking noise when they type, and tactile switches means if you're regularly bottom out the keys you're doing it wrong (not bottoming the switch is the whole POINT of tactile mechanical switches).

But no media keys (dedicated ones, Fn key overloading has no place outside of a laptop), no macro keys, no sale.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I said a little ;) It's not as bouncy or dampened on impact as origings, but yes, it's definitely a more subdued thud at the bottom compared to a standard switch.

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I thought the 'annoy the neighbours' clickety click sound was part of the appeal of wasting spending £150 on a keyboard.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I don't care how good iot may or may not be, no way I'm spending £150 on a keyboard.

7. icyironside

icyironside What's a Dremel?

agree with mankz

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Agreed, mech keyboard prices are getting to be proper p**s take.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

My Q-Pad MK-85 cost £114 and I don't regret a penny of it but, £150 is a step too far.

10. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I'm also a bit baffled by the price. The Strafe design looks (and presumably is) cheap compared to the aluminium plate on the K-series boards, and yet this thing is £150?

11. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

They should have stuck with the K70 design, and fixed the RGB controller design to allow for full 16.8 as they advertised. I see no point in this KB as it is an overall downgrade in quality from the K70.

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Cherry probably charges Corsair a massive premium on the silent switches in exchange for the exclusivity, so just wait a bit until Cherry supplies the switches to others as well.

13. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

14. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I've revised the price down now as Baz is absolutely right - value score and overall score have increased.

15. EasterEEL

EasterEEL What's a Dremel?

My current keyboard has momentarily USB disconnects for a few months now so time to try something new. The price of this is ridiculous (£135) to be honest but it ticks a lot boxes for me. Agree FN for media keys is a disappointing (as there is room, top bar or where the Corsair logo is on the right-hand side). Anyway I am typing on one now and it is a delight to use a good weight ensures it stays where you want it, the keys have a fantastic feel and travel is just right (I am fairly light at typing). It's not silent but not equally not a loud clickety-clack. It seems to be passing the living-room test in my household. Not tried any light options the min red setting is pretty good for evening work.

Tags: Add Tags