1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress -----'PARVUM HOF'-----

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 28 Oct 2015.

1. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Hi all. Now that SHEEDY, KRAIT and MATE are drawing to a close it's to time to keep the ball rolling with another even bigger project. Having discussed an admiration of high end watercooled builds with a friend and rep from KFA2 (Galax to those outside of Europe) it led into the start of this project PARVUM HOF. We intend to encompass the ethos behind KFA2's Hall Of Fame GPU's while as always adding our own unique angle towards case design and liquid cooling. We will also be working with for the first time, Diamond Cooling, a small UK based company who specialize in custom watercooling components. They already have an established relationship with KFA2 focusing on full cover solutions for HOF cards.

We are also very grateful for the continued support of our sponsors ASUS, Silverstone and HyperX who together with KFA2 and Diamond Cooling made this project possible for us.

Case - Custom Parvum Systems L1.0_Invert
    Motherboard - ASUS X99 Deluxe
    GPU - KFA2 GTX 980Ti HOF x3
    PSU - Silverstone Strider ST1500-GS

Remaining components TBC

This is the initial concept for the case, an inverted version of our retail ATX chassis the L1.0. We may well add or take away various elements before it's cut depending on where the loop takes us but this is what we have for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of monochromatic un-boxing goodness to come shortly!​

2. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Straight in with two GTX 980Ti's from KFA2 and another one which clearly is also from KFA2 :worried: no Galax branding to see here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The clean simple details of the packaging look fantastic, definitely a balance we intend to continue, perhaps with the reintroduction of green as a secondary accent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The beasts are out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we just need a motherboard to bring all of this insanity together, as if by fate we also had this X99 Deluxe arrive at HQ.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the 2.5 slot coolers fitted we could only find room for two cards on the board, but thats ok, watercooling can solve this :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JR23 also had the guts of LIGHTNING standing by when taking the photographs, it would of been rude not get a few shots of them together. Why am I sensing an epic benching session when these projects are both finished!

Can't wait to catch up with you all soon as the parts come together for HOF, it's already looking very big and very white.​

3. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

J.

4. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

30 pictures of hardware no actual modding. Please move to section advertising-commercials.

5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Boooooo go home!!! BOOOOOO :wallbash:

6. Falqoon

Falqoon Minimodder

Awesome mate!

7. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

o
    m
    f
    g

That´s about that what I had as an Idea when I sent you my early stage renders / 3d cad creations of what I´d call my dream case.
    so much want
    From the renders, do I see a quad fan radiator mounting or a tripple in the lower basement ?
    What rough dimensions will it be ?
    Less than 350 width ?

8. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

The full specification of the L1.0 is as follows...

- Material: Acrylic
    - Colours: Black with Red, Black with Blue, Black with Green, White with Black
    - Dimensions: (WxHxD): 320 x 600 x 570mm
    - Motherboard Support: ITX, ATX, E-ATX (cable routing placed for 272mm width boards maximum)
    - Maximum CPU Cooler Height: 200mm
    - Maximum PSU Length: 280mm
    - PCI Slots: (8x)
    - External IO:
    (1x) Power Switch
    (1x) Power LED
    (2x) USB 3.0
    - Drive Mounts:
    (4x) 2.5”
    (6x) 3.5” or (8x) 2.5”
    - Fan Mounts:
    (4x) 120mm Front
    (3x) 120mm Top
    (2x) 120mm Rear
    (6x) 120mm Sides
    - Radiator Mounts (clearance for fans + radiator):
    Front: 480mm (92.5mm)
    Top: 360mm (85mm)
    Sides: 360mm (135mm (95mm when pumps are installed in pedestal))
    - Pump Mounts: (3x) 50mm square or (6x) 20-70mm slotted holes

There is enough length in the case to accommodate most 480mm radiators in the pedestal however it would compromise thickness and make routing tubing a little more challenging for some setups hence the retail version has a pair of 360mm radiators in the base.

JR

9. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Dope!

10. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

It''s one week of advertising with no actual modding.

QUOTE:
    WAIT Until You’ve Got Something to show, BEFORE Showing it.
    It’s been our policy at bit-tech.net, since we started a Project Logs forum back in 2002, to only allow the posting of logs where actual modding work had begun. This works great to keep the dreamers and ‘vapour-mods’ out, and ensures that someone clicking on a project log will see an actual in-progress mod.

Is it vapour or $$$?

11. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

I don't anticipate there will be much 'actual' modding in the whole log seeing as this is a scratch build, hence it has been placed in the appropriate sub-forum with the correct tag. Work has started, the case has been designed and some components have been sourced, but so we can create the most elegant solution possible fabrication won't begin until we have more parts to hand. Hours of work have already been invested into the photography and graphics. I'm deeply sorry that it came across so professionally and effortless you thought no actual work had been done.

Thanks for the bump and your comments.

By the way, this is a lot more than just vapour and $$$.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onwards and upwards
    ITX by Parvum Systems
    PARVUM MAGNUS
    PARVUM SENESCENTIS
    PARVUM KRAIT
    PARVUM SHEEDY
    PARVUM LIGHTNING
    PARVUM MATE

JR

12. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Hate to be that guy but he is right, there is no displayed progress so there is no log so it should be in modding, not logs. Posting all the other logs has no relevance JR.......

No need to be arrogant about either, not a good look for such an "effortless and professional" outfit....

noobas4urus, Mosquito and mnpctech like this.
  13. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

How's about leave it to the Moderator's to decide, i'd be inclined to give Imersa the benefit of the doubt, as he has a business to run alongside whatever he is scratch building.

Oh and he's not the one being arrogant so far.

14. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs > Scratch Build -----'PARVUM HOF'-----

It is in modding (which doesn't make any sense, but like you said it should be there). Under Project Logs, which it is. Under Scratch builds, there is no more appropriate place for it. It's active, it's in progress, clearly we have the intention and ability to finish it based on previous precedents.

JR

15. B NEGATIVE

You are missing the point,you need to display progress of a physical nature,not renders or product shots,this is a very clear ToS. Justify how you like,it is what it is.
    There is no doubt in my mind this will be completed.

Snide comments don't help,a simple "we are on it" would of sufficed......

16. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

Perhaps if whoever wrote the rules wasn't trying to be as facetious as I am they would of actually mentioned the progress should be 'physical', but they didn't. So I don't know what your talking about.

JR

17. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

I don't understand why you're trying to bend the rules to try and justify your posts. You guys do phenomenal work, with a lot of inspiration and new looks at things, but starting every build log with an obligatory 2-3 pages worth of what could look like promotional shots for your sponsors is clearly NOT showing any sort of modding. Changing the stock cooler for a waterblock? Hardly modding. Showing what you're drawing in your 3D software? Hardly modding. You guys used to have awesome shots of the CNCs at work, working with the joints on the cases etc. Why not show that anymore? And if you guys are always still in the "process of making the case" why not wait with starting the log until you can show off the case? That way you can still do all the shots of hardware products AND comply to the rules of showing actual modding

18. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

I have PMd a mod to clean, move or close the thread.
    That or I can just keep Parvum projects to other forums that feel fit.

Please do not continue to come here to argue back and forth about what you want to see.

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

There's absolutely no need to be like that.

I agree with the guys. Right now this log just looks like a really long advertisement for Asus motherboards and HOF GPUs.

The renders are absolutely gorgeous, BTW, and I really look forward to seeing the rest but yeah, right now it's like one of those logs where some dude wants to show off his new camera and so took about 2000 pics of memory and SSDs.

20. B NEGATIVE

This post just goes to show how wrong you can be about someone....