1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

can you detail a little about this and what it does, reading the description makes it sound really interesting, how does it impact your combat ?

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Why I cannot make any more potions?
    It says I already have one, where I actually used all of them...

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

You learn the formulae, then brew a fixed number of potions, which are replenished (using alcohol you have in your inventory) when you meditate.

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Aaaaa, ok I get it now:)

5. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Finished the game twice along with some playthroughs in White Orchard only, and I have to agree with the stance to avoid fast travel. I've fast traveled a handful of times on each playthrough, simply because the world is so much more immersive when I actually traverse it. Occasionally I'll fast travel, like when I need to go straight back to where I was coming from for a mission I'm prepared to do, but 99% of the time I go the distance, and I think the game is better for it.

6. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

So, do we have any guesses as to what discounts are going to applied during the Steam Christmas Sale?
    I'm really wanting to play the game now that I've upgraded, but I don't want to pay more than £25 ideally. Need space in my budget for impulse buys that I will inevitably not play!

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This is not my usual fare but trying to broaden my gaming horizons. Played through once and for the most part enjoyed it though I found the levelling up tedious and time consuming. Combat is a little iffy and some of the boss fights would have benefited from a shotgun,lol.

Did find that I could not playthough the game again immediately after which I normally do as I found levelling up even more annoying. Not to say I will not go back in the future.

I did try Lords of the Fallen but combat/movement in that was appallingly slow.

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

There is a constant need to level up:)
    So far I played over 30 hours and have to admit this game is incredibly immersive. I forget about time and just keep playing:)
    I so much got used to my 40" monitor, that now it's like playing a game on my old 27" - so quickly got used to it. Perfect size.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I tend to only fast travel to Skellige now - Everywhere else I throw Roach into gear!

I swear I've picked up so much more stuff and experience doing that, compared to my first play through.

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Heh.. funny stuff.. Last night when I was playing, I went to some cave to kill this crabo-spider (some mission about missing brother or sth). I was on level 11. This thingy came out and I started "poking" him with my excellent silver sword, but it didn't even scratched him! Then he just touched me and I was dead... After 4 attempts, I went to missions list and found that this missions suggest level 30!:) And there wasn't even red skull above that monster!

11. creative

creative 500rwhp

That was my gripe about the game when I first started playing. Stumble across something and it doesnt inform you if you even stand a chance!

12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

*/

have you tried It in the dk2 yet?

13. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

No, I sold mine to be prepared for CV1.

14. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

How do you guys do screenshots?
    There is a folder in game's location called screenshots, but dont know the hot key...

15. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Silly question, but have you tried Print Screen? Or Alt-Print Screen?

Or F12 if you're running on Steam.

16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I keep drifting in and out of The Witcher 3 lately, I'm on my second play through at the moment and most of my time is probably spent riding back and forth with treasure hunting and exploring.

I'm the opposite in that regard, I love the fact that the game doesn't warn you when you're about to stumble into something that is way beyond your ability.
    It makes the game's world seem so much more dangerous and unpredictable.

Bizarrely, I don't think the game has a hotkey for screenshots.
    No idea why they have a folder for it when it lacks the feature.

I believe that you'll need to use a third party tool if you want to take a screenshot.

If you've installed it via Steam then you can use Steam's hotkey (F12 by default), otherwise you can add the game to your Steam library as a non-Steam game and do the same.
    Alternatively you could install a graphics card application like MSI Afterburner which has a decent screen capture feature.

17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

These are obvious, but I noticed that folder so thought there is a hot key in game to do that...

18. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Another 6 hours session.. I need to get some serious sleep now:)

Going from Novigrad to Oxenfurt to see old friend - Vernon Roche! :)

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

WHere can you get all thjose best gilfs or runestones? Can you buy them somewhere?
    I mean those best ones, biggest versions..

20. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Well you can craft them, provided you have the diagrams.