1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I don't know if you 'experienced' Fallout 3 or New Vegas. It seems not given your reluctance.

If you had I would imagine this discussion wouldn't be taking place, because you would already know the sheer genius they carry and would have pre ordered the Pip Boy edition (or tried to)

If you've never played a Fallout game then aside from me feeling sorry for you (genuinely, you missed pure gaming gold) you really should give this a try over Star Wars.

Even if Star Wars was absolutely amazing it still could not touch the sheer magic of a Fallout game. Just trust me, this game will become everything to you. You won't want to go to work, you won't want to eat and whenever some one approaches you and tries to wrestle the controls from you you will feel sheer pain.

There just isn't anything else quite like it. It just feels so authentic and so genuine.

Before you know it you'll be hunting high and low for Nuka Cola and getting annoyed when all you're finding is pencils and clipboards.

Feel free to have a read of the review I wrote of Fallout 3 a couple of years back.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=29505

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

As someone who really struggled to get into fallout 3 the first two times but a few years later on my 3rd attempt I really found my feet with it I concur with Vaut-Tec, there is something compelling about the fall out series. Don't get me wrong, the voice acting is a bit hit and miss, the character models and textures look a bit average and the game can be very unforgiving but once you get drawn into it and soak up the atmosphere, it's actually a really great take on post apocolyptia.

It was either this or Anno 2205, I opted for Anno but depending on reviews, I will likely get this later down the line.
    My only slight concern, is Fallout Vegas, for love nor money I haven't been able to get into it, it just feels wholly different to Fallout 3. I wonder which of the two Fallout 4 will be closer to?

3. Vault-Tec

As I mentioned in my review it's very easy to get overwhelmed with a Fallout game. It's like being born into a brand new world and nothing makes sense at first.

But if you stick with it the rewards are immense.

4. Vault-Tec

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I never managed to motivate myself to finish Fallout 3, I don't know why but something changed and I started slipping away from the experience after some parts at Rivet City.

...I may have to try finish the story before having a go at the next instalment of the series.

Though at the moment I've got far too much to play with a large chunk of my life being taken up by my expanding backlog, so will likely be leaving off my shopping this until next year once I can drag myself through the remainder of Fallout 3.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I did something I never said I would and I Pre-ordered this.. Woops then.

I've got it pre-installed off steam, does anyone know what time it goes live for the UK?

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If it's anything like other Steam games, about 1am on launch day.

8. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

18 FPS on a 980ti at 4k. And that's supposedly on an optmised driver.

Good old Nvidia Gameworks.

9. suenstar

It's Bethesda so I'd imagine everyone was fully expecting the wide selection of bugs and glitches. It's a shame that we've all come to expect them to deliver products in this state and often accept it as the norm.

I'm sure the modding community will get right on the case of fixing the PC version while the developers scratch their heads for a while. :hehe:

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

RIP GTX670..

11. suenstar

That's on max settings, I'm sure our little 670's will be fine at medium to high on a lower resolution.

12. Vault-Tec

Well it's looking like I will have to drop to 1440p but at least my monitor seems to handle it perfectly.

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

[​IMG]

That back wall looks terrible to me. While I know that the Fallout games were never the prettiest games, that looks worse than F3. Hopefully it's a rare occurrence.

14. Vault-Tec

Well after just throwing a huge sulk I've calmed down a bit now.

From what I am reading it's not too hard to get the settings right with hardly any sacrifice at all. Nvidia have done an optimization guide and hopefully AMD will follow.

I just want to play it tbh. I don't care about the graphics I just want me some Fallout love.

15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I assume you are an AMD user Vault-Tec? I was just looking at the minimum specs since I'm still running a 5770 and I saw NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti and I thought, yea that's similar to mine. Then I saw what was listed as the AMD minimum, Radeon HD 7870. o_O That's some jump.

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I won't be going over 1080 as that's my monitor's native resolution so I should be able to turn everything up which should be nice.

It's going to be fun to see what little pop culture nods and in jokes are in the game. Set in Boston, there are bound to be some.

(I'm hoping for Cheers...)

17. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Can't wait to play it on my PC... One of my favorite actually. Keep us posted.

18. Vault-Tec

Apparently this is going to favour Nvidia hardware. It uses one part of Gameworks, IIRC, something to do with lighting.

Thankfully I am a very lucky boy and as well as my new Alienware Area 51 with 5820k and Fury X (with an Acer XB280HK 4K monitor) I also have my backup rig sat right next to me (the 2009 Area 51) running a Titan Black (all AIO cooled) on a 1080p 27" AOC monitor.

So if it really is a dog on AMD I can just shift about 5ft to my left and run it on Nvidia..

As I said before though I am past the stage of really giving a flying monkey's teste sack now. I really couldn't care what it looks like I just want to be back in the wastes pwning mankind.

Honestly if some one said to me that I would have to play it on Fallout 3 graphics I just wouldn't care.

19. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Just downloaded it and bought the season ticket :thumb::rock::clap: probably won't get to play till next week though :waah:

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Pretty sure that comes from the Review which was on an Xbox One...