1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I've got high running very happily on 1920x1200 with a GTX670, 16Gb and a 3570k @4Ghz

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Checks STEAM friends, all playing Fallout 4 lol

3. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Mine crashed at start, brought key from CD keys for £32.

4. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

went in to a game after visiting my parents this afternoon on the off chance. Asked if they had any pip boy editions. Only one for the PC sorry sir. That'll do nicely. Shame I was so impatient and got a key from greenman games last night.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Did you get it any way? that would be hardcore, man.

6. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Yes of course I bought it. Sat in the boot of my car till the other half has gone to bed! =)

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Not as buggy as expected.

Runs on ultra with the godrays turned down to low (Honestly, can't tell the difference..) on my rig, which is fine.

8. Vault-Tec

Good lad :D

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

1080 running on ultra with medium rays here and everything seems to be just fine.

One bit of advice, don't try swimming in power armour, that doesn't work very well at all...

10. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Now that i've had a good old play with it, there are some problems.

There doesn't seem to be a reputation system, it doesn't matter what you do, it'll play out the same way.
    All of the skills have been simplified and most characters will end up the same.
    I've not had any bugs myself, but people have complained about them.
    I can't 'roleplay' as such, as my character is voice acted so their personality is basically locked in.
    The weapon doesn't appear on your character when it's not currently out, pretty silly.
    Stealth does very little, it doesn't actually matter in this game.
    The building seems very gimmicky, but it's actually quite fun even though it seems to accomplish very little.
    There's nothing to make your character unique as such, no new moves or anything.

That said, I still enjoy it and I've not experienced a single bug, glitch or crash the entire 5 hours I've played in total (I don't have the time to play it 12 hours a day like some people can). I do anticipate mods for the game to fix many problems and such, but we'll see.

11. Almightyrastus

One thing that struck me as being odd is that if you pick up an already modded weapon, for example, I found an automatic pipe pistol with a large magazine, bayonet, and comfort grips already on it, you can't break the weapon down, taking the mods off it for use on another pistol. You can only scrap it completely, just getting metal out of the process.

12. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I was encountering a major issue with consoles. When exiting a console the character gets "stuck" midway through the animation.

Apparently its occurring due to an issue with high refresh rates. I'm currently running on a G-Sync 144hz monitor.

I have had to stick some software based limit on (75FPS) and it seemed to fix the console issue. I might have to limit it to 60FPS as there might be some physics based issues according to some Reddit.

13. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Why did they release this game with so many bugs? I read all over the net about peeps having issues, character being stack in places...

14. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Those sweet, sweet day one revenues are too tempting for most publishers.

15. Vault-Tec

Go to your Fallout directory, ie: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4
    Edit Fallout4Prefs, and change iPresentInterval=1 to iPresentInterval=0

16. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I can already see a 'weapon mod kits' for fallout 4 when Beth releases the mod tools.

Ah, those who are interested might like to know that Boris has already released an ENB patch for fallout 4. It has no graphical functionality whatsoever, and is a patch to address various engine bugs that can result in freezing and crashing. It's on the ENBdev site right now. It's worth using only if you're experiencing such bugs, as it's still experimental.

Boris also mentions it may be harder to make the ENB graphical overlays for Fallout 4 because of the silly way they made the renderer. Gameworks apparently doesn't help. Many of the veteran modders are pretty pissed.

17. liratheal

Did you encounter the guy with the pump on the way to tenpines bluff?

Yeah. That's about where I learned it's not wise to swim in PA..

Weirdly, I've not seen any of the uncouth animations that were shown in gifs/videos pre-launch. Some iffy skeleton "activation" animations, sure, but no mouths warping around like they're crab people.

18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

What des that actually change? That was another suggested solution but I couldn't see what it would actually do and others had said it didn't work for them.

19. Almightyrastus

Yup, sank like a stone.

20. liratheal

I was mildly disappointed there wasn't a comedic "bloop" as you hit the water. Ah well.