1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorted by a guy on Steam forum. Here is the solution.

- Open the console and type: "fov 90" and press enter. Then close the console.
    Or put some lower number if pipboy is too far. Tweak it a bit.

- Then open the console again and type: "refreshini" to save that variable to ini file so it stays when you exit the game, press enter and close the console.

(don't include quote marks)

- Then make a save. (

It should work.

It does work.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The Mutants love playing with teddies. Usually when you find one mutants are close by lol.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

So where do you sell your stuff or even store stuff you do not need? I do not want to go around in this power armour all the time.

5. Vault-Tec

There are usually traders and vendors everywhere. Diamond City Market, for example.

There are hangers for the Power Armor all over the place :)

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I store all stuff I don't need in a handy workshop - I'm still using the one at Sanctuary because it's the most convenient.

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Have you tried the Pip Boy app for Android/IOS Kronos?

It won't fix the stretching you're getting but will at least mean you can use it, I have it running on my phone, in a stand next to the keyboard so never actually use the in game version.

8. Vault-Tec

Yeah I just use the toolbox at Sanctuary. I've still not quite decided where I want to live permanently yet. The house in Diamond City is ideal but a pain to get into.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

And what does it do? The problems with the Pip boy have been sorted by the way.

Oh and I am heading for Diamond City now.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

If you set up trade routes between the various settlements that you have helped then whatever you store in a workshop in one location will be available in the others to use. That way you can just dump all your crafting items in the location closest to you and use them when you need to.

You'll need to set up quite a network.

11. Vault-Tec

It basically turns your phone into a Pip Boy.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just dumped it in a cave under the Red Rocket.

13. Vault-Tec

oh lol you actually found that? I heard the guy mention it at the start of the game but didn't try and find it because it sounded like they were dumping radioactive waste down there and I didn't have any Rad X or Radaway.

If you see one of those big yellow crane things then that's basically where you hang the armor. It's so you can mod it and so on but I've not bothered. I seldom need the power armor and when I do I use the one I got from the BOS which is much better than any of the pish I found out in the wasteland.

14. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

My game is broken two hours in... I killed the deathclaw in concourd and got the quest to meet Preston in sanctuary but he is never leaving the museum foyer and although the old lady with Preston told me to go to diamond city I have no quest added to my list to go there or no marker for diamond city...

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I found a junk jet??????

But on a more serious note I am struggling to find anything really new in 4 when I compare it to 3. Yes some enemies are harder and there seems less stuff littered about. But all in all it is more like a large expansion for Fall out 3.
    Mind you I have not tried crafting or modding yet or rather I have but at the moment cannot work out what I am supposed to do. I do have plenty of weapons and I am pretty much using Raiders armour all the time as I parked the power armour. Here's hoping it will get better.

16. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

By far the most annoying enemies for me are the bloatflies and mosquitoes. Everything else I handle with ease (except if there is more than 2 feral ghouls... my pistol one-shots them but as it is a bolt action with only 6 rounds and slow chambering I'm liable to be hit a few times, especially if they jump). BF's and Mosqs just keep dodging, and if I try use my laser rifle it usually takes 3-4 shots if I hit em. Every other mob usually gets taken out in 1 hit (raiders - headshot), 2 hits (supermutants or turrets), or 3+ for legendaries (found several so far... they seem to take on attributes to counter whatever you hit them with 1st when they mutate).

Currently 17+ hrs in and I still haven't been to Diamond City. Actually thinking or rerolling my character as i messed up the stats on my current (ie playing a sneak/silenced weapon character but my stats are wonky (high intelligence and strength) with a luck of 6...)

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Which key do I press to get to the level up menu?

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

tab to bring up the pip boy then T to open the perk chart. All levelling is done through that now, whether you want to pick a new perk or add a point to one of your SPECIAL stats. The previous 0-100 stats from the previous versions are not used anymore.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks. That was simple enough.

Now Can I repair the power armour if so how? I am told that I cannot repair or craft when in the armour and the craft button is 'greyed out' but if I exit the armour the only options I then get are Enter or Transfer.
    So a bit of advice need here please.

Edit: Sort of figured it out walk right in to the yellow thing. Then of course I discover that I have not got the bits/junk I need anyway.

20. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Go into workshop mode in Sanctuary, and scavenge everything you can - there are some whole buildings you can demolish, which will give you more than enough steel to keep repairing your power armour's legs and arms which seem to be the bits that take most of the beating. The helmet and torso need other bits like circuit boards, but these are easy enough to find (pick up a phone every time you see one ;))