1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Finished! SUPER PICTURE HEAVY! "Project Three Leaves" - Tristellar - eucalyptus

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by eucalyptus, 21 Oct 2015.

1. Mockingbird

Mockingbird What's a Dremel?

Impressive amount of different tools/techniques for a first build. Nice job, I will watch the updates with interest.

Also, your English is very good, definately keep up the commentary.

2. eucalyptus

eucalyptus I am 19 and Swedish!

Ah :eek: Thanks :D

Things really takes much more time than I thought it would, much more!

First goal was to make it before 8th November when the last day is to apply for Dreamhack Modding championship.

But, I really had to re-think. I skipped the idea and plan to apply for next summer instead.

Now I am just trying to be ready when my new monitor arrives in the end of November, the Acer predator X34.

Really makes me happy to see you people like my work, I really do! Much more fun to share it, and damn I love people on bit-tech and overclock, everyone is so gentle and nice to each other :)

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The project is looking good, and your English is fine.:thumb:

4. eucalyptus

:clap: Thanks Cheapskate! :D

5. eucalyptus

Hi people, long time no sea, right?

Got some problems in the workshop in school, teachers that was supposed to help me to make new panels are all sick and will be back in the end of the month, jeesus christ!

So, I am doing all the other work, like painting some stuff, sleeving and so on :)

It took me 10 hours to make the 24 pin, got some serious problems with the pins losing from cables.
    And after very heavy critics :jawdrop: I will have to re-do-it, actually, it wasn't really good at all!

Pictures of it can you find here:
    http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/post/15767645

I also went up to Stockholm last week to see some grandparents, picked up a new AKracing Nitro gaming chair - green. And a another SSD, Samsung SM951 NVMe 128Gb - which will work as a bootdrive and only startup/run windows.

But, I went back to my garage and tried the "heatshrinkless method" which the thought I would try. And wow, it went great, so happy with the result! The connectors to GPU were red, painted them in white and it looks amazing! :thumb:

Last 2 pictures is my RAM, used the heatgun to remove the panels, probably going to paint them white aswell because you will barely, almost not see them in the case later.

About the 24 pin connector. I have totally messed up everything! Do anyone has a PINOUT/wire diagram for the Super Flower Leadex 850W platinum? A diagram that you know for sure are right? Thanks.

//Sebastian

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. eucalyptus

The new, remade 24 pin is done! The green is shining bright like the forest in midsummer!

All 3 SSD is also done!

Last picture is the casepanel. Instead of doing them in CAD and do new ones - to difficult! I will use the plasmacutter (don't if right name though) and cut them by hand - really difficult too, but goes much faster :blah:

**A big thanks to the Facebook group Swerigs in Sweden which helped me forward with the sleeving, how I should do. And specially a big thank you to Mundi, the owner of IceModz which offered to help me about wire diagram/pinout. First attempt to sleeve the 24 pin was a big mess and a lot of struggle, so yeah, they really saved me! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Nov 2015
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I like this. It's very happy :)

8. eucalyptus

Thanks Vault-Tec! I am happy if you're happy ;)

Next thing will be the RAM, painted in white.

And next coming weeks the case panels :)

9. Zenator

Zenator Minimodder

Hi eucalyptus Loving the white and green,:thumb: Keen to see how the case turns out.

I would love to get my hands on a Deepcool Tristellar. I drool just thinking about what I could do with it.:idea::dremel::D

Cheers, Ken.

10. eucalyptus

Thanks Ken! I appreciate it a lot :D Very lovely to hear your wise words!

Working with case right now when I have time, which is a few hours 3 times a week. So it takes some serious time to cut out everything, and that's why the updates are standing still :dremel: :lol:

I am very far from done. But when the panels are done I can move on with the rest :D :clap:

/ Sebastian :)

11. eucalyptus

Just a short update!

First picture is the upper GPU panel cut in 3 pieces.
    Second and third picture is the PSU cabinet panel.

Will do the CPU panel next week, hopefully. They are all far from done, I got some specialities for them which I will use the CNC machine for ;) ;)

Last pictures is the now white painted RAM and a closer look at the SSD's mounted beside each other. Though the RAM will be totally hidden in the case lol and not visible :wallbash:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. eucalyptus

HEEEy people!

I am not dead, even if you could think so :lol:

I do have bad and good news, or okay, only bad news!

My school which was planned to help me cut out acrylic sheets in the CNC machine and some easy figures out of aluminium in the plasma cutter. It isn't working. After 2 months I finally rigged everything in the cnc machine and everything went straight to hell! Was like burned gum...

So I have to do everything by my own, let's see how that works lol :wallbash: Went to the shop and picked up some new stuff at least, even if my budget is exceeded by a long time back.

New sandpaper (do you say sandpaper in english?) K800, K1200 and K2000. Also found "Sonax plastic scratch remover" which I hope will work :blah: And 2 new clamps so I can mount things steady when I am using the jigsaw :idea:

Anyway, I have tons of pictures!

Motherboard is almost done. The small piece of acrylic with the "leaves" are supposed to be mount on the M2 PCI Samsung Sm951 NVME SSD with leds. I were just to pull it all together when I realised I got wrong mounting plate for the EK Supremacy EVO block. My Asrock X99 ITX board has a 2011 mount, and that's the only thing you have to buy separatley :duh: Well, one is ordered now, hope it arrives soon, before Christmas!

Otherwise I painted both the RAM and the heatsinks white :) About the RAM, pulled them together with some double sided tape, not heatpads. How will that work??

Made a "floor" to the GPU cabin. I actually wanted a milky white acrylic like the other modders done here on the forum. But didn't have any, so I make it "frosty" with led lights under. Looks soooo much better with a floor!!

Suddenly realised my planned loop to the GPU won't work, the GPU are exactly in the middle, where I planned the connections. So I will have to solve it some other way, and already got many ideas how ;)

Tested to place the 3 SSD in their mounts with the big SSD wall, and uuuugh, ugly! The big SSD wall is so awful! Big and ugly :worried:

So I made my own one :D :D :D in acrylic! You can find it the pictures! :D I love it, and I got huge positive response about, really happy with it!

Haven't decide if it should stay "clear" or make it frosty, what do you think? :)

I will put some leds behind every SSD to light everything up even more :thumb:

You can see a picture of how I mounted it to mark the holes LOL, didn't have the right tools (picked up new clamps today). It looks like, I have no words, like a really noob thing. Used the SSD mount to mark the holes. My pencil didn't work, so I used my cheap dremel to mark the holes, and then drill them.

All acrylic is 4mm, except some small stuff which is 6mm. I added a 6mm piece in the end of the big part, which you also can find in the pictures. Screw them together very nicely, and then tapped 2 holes in the side, so I can mount it beside the gpu.

The long screws make it seems the SSD's are "floating" :lol:

The garage is medium size, but it is stuff everywhere, I have 3 full tables with stuff, my room is filled with different computer components waiting to be screwed together. I give you a picture of how one of the tables looks like, messy as hell :p :hehe:

Probably I'll use my computer with RJ45 cable, but when Asrock gives you high performance Wifi (also got a new Asus RT-AC87U router) I should definitely mount it, at least. So instead of having it on the roof or some other weird place I found a perfect spot behind the upper front grill :thumb:

And the last, final picture. Didn't think to write this much, but I just want to give you as much information as possible. Last picture, my dear dog "Nalle", 4 years old, he is the most lovely buddy a person can have. He's there supporting you whatever what. He is my best friend with an adorable mind :D Even if my project is going to hell he is there supporting you and gives his best to make you smile!

20th is the deadline to apply for the Swedish Championship in the modding, first price is a 2 weeks trip to Computex next year and a brand new MSI laptop - everything worth around 5 500 USD, a few grand less then I paid for my project :p

Unfortunately I won't be done until then :sigh: :miffed: :rolleyes:

I will never be done.............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. eucalyptus

I must be the most awful threadowner on this forum. I do really suck at updating!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :nono: :duh:

Why write tons of useless text? Here's TONS of pictures!

Cheers! More pictures in the next post!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. eucalyptus

Here's more pictures.

Just to give you some update.

My parents broken table is because I was fixing the Vardar fan and the sprint flew away, though it was between the wood boards (right word?). And OF COURSE it wasn't. But the table is totally broken. The wood fell off suddenly. Will be though to explain that to mom & dad next spring :idea: :lol:

Some pics on HOW much you srsly have to mod this case, every single little piece need hours of work to be the way I want it. Not a single thing is "original".

A pre-mount how the GPU cabin windows will be mounted.

AND NOW LADIES & GENTLEMEN :clap::clap::clap: :rock::rock:

A pre-view how the double stacked XSPC D5 170 Photon's will be mounted! Just enjoy the candy, will be coming more soon ;) My arm hair is raising all the time I am watching them, just so freaking PERFECT!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. eucalyptus

A quick look into how things are taking off :)

Started with to assemble some things. First the radiators, then the GPU cabin.

I am SO close to give up all the time, just drop everything and say good bye to my money.
    It's a true pain in the ass to work with a Tristellar, it's so freaking tight, ALMOST impossible. And I can guarantee you, no matter what, I will never take this kind of challenge again, I got enough of this, next time will be a ordinary case.

Just to mount SSD and GPU took an hour.....

I bet something will f#ck up soon.... Everything is going to good to be true!

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. eucalyptus

Hey folks! :D

GPU cabin is totally done now. Just everything else left to do.

Had some struggle, a true hell to make the bends, not to speak of the CPU-loop 4 bend pipe....

Pretty much of them ended up in the trashcan and new tubes, PETG 8x90cm is ordered.

Well, I am so happy with the result. For a first, a first time water cooling and first time building a computer it's going pretty good this far.

I beg to God now it will work! I have far from been the best with ESD protection stuff for example. And can impossible imagine if this stuff starts to leak now.... Have to modify it pretty much to fit.

Monsoon may be shiny and more beautiful than anything else, but they are pretty hard to work with and takes a lot of time and not tolerated for a single mistake!

All lights are RGB and can even be controlled by my phone (Galaxy S5) :D

Enjoy the p#rn, I mean adorable computer pictures.

Let me know what you think.? :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 May 2016
  17. Shadotracker

Shadotracker What's a Dremel?

Loving the hard tube runs that you did.

18. eucalyptus

Thanks a lot man! I deeply appreciate it :D :)

Very happy with them too, thought it would be impossible to do from the very first beginning but turned out to be possible :dremel:

19. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Wow, I totally missed this build. Great work going on in here!!! But I have questions:

1) where do you find RGB 5mm LEDS?!?!? I've been looking for those forever, and I can't find ANY in 3mm form, and the only 5mm I found were 3-color (red green blue), not "true" RGB.

2) you mentioned PETG tube. What are you using for coolant? I ask because PETG is not compatible with glycol based coolants. I've discovered that most people are completely unaware of this.

Great build man!

20. eucalyptus

Thanks for feedback!

On the phone now so this will be short.

Don't know what you mean by true rgb, but mine are "5mm rgb led diode" from eBay. And yes, there is not any in 3mm, only single color :)

Using Mayhem UV green, is that workable? Interesting to know and nothing I ever even thought of!