1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

As others have mentioned above, received a nice DL speed bump from Virgin recently. Only noticed today when I did a speed test, holy moly was I surprised to see this:

[​IMG]

THe upload speed is still pants, but dayum son that ping and download. That said, I'd happily trade 50Mb of that download for another 30 or so upload.

2. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Your upload is still 2.5 times faster than my DOWNLOAD!

I can only dream of speeds like that....

3.8 down 0.8 up and 50ms pings.

3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

[​IMG]

& that's on 4G

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I'd jump on that if I could get a plan that offered unlimited data and tethering for all the PCs and devices in the house.

5. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Finally got a virtual machine out of ProxMox and up and running on a physical server :clap:

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I found out that the people we invited over are dickwitted, as they see a phone not yet locked and pull something like this.

Next time something this wild gets posted, report it and I'll let a mod PM me to see if it's legit. The person in question thought this was an appropriate response to losing a debate on accepting gays and Trans in the church. They have been banned at broadhead point after this.

Think you know someone and all...

Last edited: 20 Nov 2015
    Pliqu3011 likes this.
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Must admit, didn't see that one coming... Though in all honesty, now you've said it, I can see parallels with other trans folk I know...

in any instance as long as you're happy with it all that's all that matters...

...just don't use a Dremel...

8. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

1) I'm getting a 980Ti. It will be here Tuesday.
    2) Our offer got accepted on a house. We might be in before Christmas. If not, just after new year's.
    3) While buckling my daughter into our car today someone drove into the open door I was standing in. Nobody was hurt, but it was definitely their fault. I hate our current car and want something else. Our current car is so old that the damage will probably "total" it (we'll see). We'll take the money and a little cash and buy something else outright. If it isn't totaled we'll take the settlement, sell our car as-is and buy something else.

So I'm getting a new car, a new house, and a new video card. And none of my monthly expenses will go up at all.

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Got my new job I was hoping for. Start mid december and out of the current Hell hole

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Great news hope all is as good as you expect.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I think my home network infrastructure is finally starting to take shape. I now have a dual Xeon E5405 machine serving up file sharing, DHCP and Hyper-V duties. Just don't look too closely at how ropey it looks at the moment because I'm too cheap to find an E-ATX tower case.

I've got it running two Linux Hyper-V instances: one for Plex Media Server and another for managing downloads. Once I do a bit of basic security maintenance (lock down ports, disable root ssh, enable private/public key ssh login, etc) I can start thinking about setting up an Asterisk PBX system. But I might do that via Azure, I haven't decided yet.

But now I'm starting to run out of non-"Expanded Universe" Star Wars planet names for all these servers/PCs...

12. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Your biography is going to have so many ****ing chapters. Surely one of the most eventful lives, and transformed bodies, possible. Good for you for making this breakthrough, after all you've been through and don't think many will begrudge you a bit of luck and happiness :clap:

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Sorry, had to edit the above as it was the old "come out as gay trick" done with my phone. I love gays and rans people, just am not out to be one. Tired of folks around here that try to get nasty when you support people that need it.

14. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Well the forum isn't full of 12 year olds (thankfully) so I don't think too many would pass much notice if it was actually true. So in that sense, as a practical joke it has fallen flat on its face.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Bigot impersonating Kayinblack: "I'm coming out as transgender"
    Bit-Tech forums (not batting an eyelid): "Hey, that's OK"

Best response to a practical joke by a bigot. :thumb:

16. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Friend was/is back in the country after 6 months away working. We'd hit it off in the spring but she had to leave. She's off again on Monday, the week and a bit we spent together was pretty special : ) had a pretty rough year relationship wise (left my gf of 5 years, the house, the cats) so exploring a developing feelings for another has helped me allot. Didn't think I was capable of it. And although she's off again for the winter I'm pleased our two ships passed, if only for the briefest of moments : )

I have no trouble picking up girls (not to boast) but it is very rare indeed to find someone who you can really connected with. And those opportunities should never be passed up, even if you know it cant last.

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Started a job with a pay I couldn't imagine getting a year out of Uni. Then on my 4th day find out there had been a 12% pay rise before I started so now I get paid more.

18. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I told some one how i felt about her (from 20 years ago) she has agreed to meet me. Just about every xmas for this and every life time i will ever have infinity some how has got cashed in, im a lot older now and meant to be able to communicate a lot better now, i would in an instant give every thing up for this girl including my life, Even if we meet and dont hit it off at least i can applogise for getting so drunk and aloof.

I have had to doible check every day nearly every hour her message is there on my phone, i am in just complete suspension of belief when i first saw it i thought maybe i was dead but did not know it and i was in heaven, i want to look into her eyes so much,

I am not nervious because i have tried in my own way to be a good person and live as best a life i can and i hope its enough my intention, she is the brightest person i have ever met and the most aluring, she was my friend lost, i am just so glad to see her i am sure to burst into tears but i have to try not to do that because i am "a man".

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

^ Play it cool, hot shot. Just enjoy yourself.

20. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Don't listen to this fool. Assert your dominance when you see her. If you pee on her quickly enough she is yours forever.

That's how love works right? Urine?