1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bethesda to launch Fallout 4 beta patch next week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Nov 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I seem to have been pretty lucky with my experience of the game so far. I've only really had one bug, which was a door to another area I couldn't interact with, fixed with a quick save & load. Nothing else to report thus far, it's certainly far less buggy for me than the first 50hrs with Skyrim were.

3. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Just wish AMD would sort a damn driver and crossfire profile for it.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

They have released a driver. It's fantastic, too, it makes the Fury X overtake the 980ti @ 4k. Which gave me enough of a frame boost to be able to enable FXAA @ 4k.

Not being horrible here but even Nvidia have been letting SLI slip lately. Which is a bit of a sign that they're kinda giving up on it because not enough people use it to make it worth bothering with. Which isn't exactly what you want to hear as an AMD user...

Thing is both sides stamped out "bargain SLI" configs ages ago. The last decent one I can remember on Nvidia was when two 460s beat the 480. Since then they have choked the VRAM on cheaper cards so that it's not worth it. So the only configs worth bothering with are big powerful cards for 4k and again, not enough users.

I'd used Crossfire and SLI from 2008 until the Fury X launched. Toward the end it was getting worse and worse.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I've put in around 30 hours so far and I've not had any significant bugs.

The one that stands out was when I was on a rooftop and I tried to use the door to go back inside, but I couldn't click on it. I got closer to the door and clipped through it and fell to my death haha. A reload sorted it.

6. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

All I've had are a few minor issues with lighting and a rather inconveinient spawn location after death which spawned me in the middle of a firefight. Nothing more than minor annoyances and much better than my first two weeks with Skyrim.

All I can say is bring on the mods!

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Played for a while other than some odd fps spikes all in all quiet a impressive experience.

8. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Or giving up because of DX12's upcoming multi-GPU capabilities?

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You mean taking the easy way out? possibly. However, that doesn't mean they should let support slip and they have.

10. Dedlite

Dedlite What's a Dremel?

There's only been the one annoying bug for me - funnily enough, my mate gets the same one. 50% of the time when when logging off from a terminal, the game locks up - a reload of the saved game usually sorts it.