1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Wrist Watches - show us yours!

Discussion in 'General' started by ComputerKing, 31 Jul 2008.

?

Watch Types?

1. Analog Hand Watch

222 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Digital Hand Watch

42 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Digital + Analog

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. don't wear one

73 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I got these a while back when I was looking for a new watch.

[​IMG]
    Orient Marshall

Loved this watch + band combo. It's an entry level automatic. Has held up pretty well so far, and keeps ticking for a couple of days sitting. The metal band that comes with it is garbage. The luminescent coating isn't very bright either. Also, you can feel and hear the winding mechanism when you quickly swing/twist your arm. As this is my first automatic, I'm not sure what exactly that means :). But it seems sturdy enough.

[​IMG]
    Seiko SNDF87 Chronograph

Got this one since it's a little more classy looking and has a decent metal band for evening out. The luminescent coating is nice and bright. It's got a curved lens which some may not like.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 May 2015
  2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Ok now them's some handsome timepieces. The Marshall in particular. If I get another chrono, it'll have to be mechanical, so that kind of puts the Seiko out of the running...

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

slight necro but as i was driving back from a client site last week and got stuck at a train crossing, whilst waiting I noticed how cool the luminous yellow looked against the graphite face in the dying light.

[​IMG]

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

[​IMG]

Oh hey i'm an iPhone, i'll rotate your pictures because i hate you.

This is my current watch, had it since i graduated a foundation degree. since then i've finished a degree and got a great job. I rely on it most at work, i went from never owning a watch to taking care of it like it was my keys, phone or wallet.

I prefer a bigger watch face, Looking at getting something a little bit classier one day but for now it does the job, Unfortunately i've fallen in love with this.

http://www.watchshop.com/mens-emporio-armani-chronograph-watch-ar0665-p99973224.html

Last edited: 13 Nov 2015
  5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm not usually a fan of brushed steel finishes, but that's sexy as.

Anyway, I'm not worthy. I'm a wristwatch prole. I've been in love with a Casio W-800HG for several years now.

[​IMG]

I can't move on from it. I don't feel the need to. You know what it is? It reminds me of the computer panels and prop design in the film Alien. I love the chunky 80s aesthetic of that film's tech so much, and this watch looks like it fell right out of it.

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I've got a gear S, can I play too?

7. lava

lava Minimodder

[​IMG]

Picked this up to replace my old daily that is no more...

8. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I bought this Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600 42mm a couple of months ago

[​IMG]

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Still very happy with this one.

Had the glass replaced 2 years ago for a small fortune, but otherwise its still great.

[​IMG]

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]

Best watch in the world. Disagree? Your wrong.
    Casio f-91w - £7
    Battery lasts forever, its has all the essential features and its one tough cookie (Taliban approved).

Anything that costs more is purely for looks.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

but i like mine outputting split data/average speeds to a text file. :hehe:

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I humbly disagree too. The W-800HG is the same watch but with a bigger, better display, a better backlight and it's waterproof rather than splashproof. (Also it looks sexier. In lump-of-80s-Asian-plastic terms.)

I might've mentioned it before in this thread, once, long ago, maybe. But the W-800HG gives me an engineering boner, because it's perfect.

Well, the strap just broke on mine, so it's not perfect perfect. But £17 every two years each time the strap breaks isn't bad value for money :rock:

13. TaZ

TaZ What's a Dremel?

Morning chaps. I'll just leave my addition here...

[​IMG]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

14. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

[​IMG]

Citizen Skyhawk - battery truly does last forever - solar power...

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Well I was going to treat myself or drop some hints for Xmas :D , until i saw the price :jawdrop:

[​IMG]

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Yeah, I was in a similar situation. Just made a big sale, and thought I would pull the trigger on a Nomos Orion, but then I decided to wait for it to get updated with the new DUW-series movement. The Nomos support guys were very polite over email but could not say when the base models (Orion and Tangente) would be getting new calibers, so it may turn out to be a long wait.

In the meantime, I'll spend the money on a 7D Mk.II and see if that helps in netting more photo business.

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

You just have to think of it as a lot cheaper than a Rolex, and Tudor shows that you've given it some thought as well, as compared to a Rolex :thumb:

19. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but do you guys have any experience of Gant watches? I was looking to buy myself a wrist watch, but after realizing that "really good ones" cost a lot, I was thinking something bit cheaper, but something that at least looks nice to my eye. Usually I go for quality, no matter what the price, if I know I'll use it, but I haven't really weared wrist watches before (other than during my military service where it was kind of a compulsory thing to have if you wanted to know what to do and when on the field - and I just had cheap digital one back then).

So back to the question, are Gant wrist watches worth the money. I kinda like design of THIS, not sure yet, if I want to go with the black background or white. (And no worries, I am going to buy it locally, the ebay is just for the reference).

I am happy if it will last some 5 years at least (just a rough estimate when I could have the money to invest into a "real" wrist watch).

20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

The F105W-1A is the best Casio watch, all the simplicity of the F-91W but with a powerful electro luminescent backlight.