1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclockers UK bring landmark gaming PCs to a new audience

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Dogbert666, 28 Sep 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Strange really, what once was the worst place in the UK to buy computer components, bt now advertises them? how times change.

Last edited: 29 Sep 2015
  3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Things can change, yes.

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Their willingness to advertise doesn't hinge on the vendors ability be it good or bad.

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

tbf overclockers have pretty brilliant customer support now.

6. Teelzebub

It's true and all it took was for a different company to take them over :thumb:

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

once upon a time, even before i was seriously into computers i hear they use to be really bad, but not id say there among the very best, better than scan imo, shame we dont get postage discount with them as well.

Scan can be sloppy at stock levels, and still taking your money for things they say is in stock but isnt and wont be for a while but not had any bad customer service past that. They gave me the next model up for no extra charge when i rang up.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2015
  8. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

They've upped their game considerably. They're one of my go to places now.

9. Teelzebub

It's true and all it took was for a different company to take them over :thumb: tbh they are only Overclockers by name now

10. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Pst! Post on their forums and you can!

11. Teelzebub

Yeah but the forum is the same bunch of dick heads it all ways was :eyebrow:

12. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

PC's look interesting at least. Been looking at prebuilds lately and the likes of Scan etc it's coming to the point that the extra cost over building yourself is not that great.

That's my experience with OCUK ordering from them about 5 years ago. When phoned up to see why the parts hadn't been dispatched they simply said they where out of stock despite the website saying 20+ available.

OCUK didn't. They where completely unapologetic and offered no solutions. He was happy to give single word responses when asked something. They refused to send the rest of the parts out so ended up cancelling the order. Least it wasn't too much hassle.

Customer support wasn't the problem par se. More the mess up with stock levels. Either way good to hear and I'll start considering them again for parts.

13. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

I got a great bundle offer from OCUK recently
    They've been a very good company to deal with
    Everyone on their forums raves about their customer service and RMA service.
    There were OC staffers helping customers on the forums on Christmas (when they were off work -this seems to be quite common)
    They've been brilliant so far

I'm old enough to remember when Scan had a poor reputation for customer service (and that's going way back).
    Companies change; if OCUK had any problems in the past, they seem to be one of the very best now.

14. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Not in 2009 they didn't. An order I received from them was damaged during shipping due to inadequate packaging and they claimed I had damaged it during installation and charged me £30 for the RMA to be cancelled. I'll never use them again... :nono: