1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I've tried trimming in the past, but suffered from itching, as if a natural tip is softer than a cut end...

What can I say... I'm a sensitive guy.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Wax them, the hair will grow back with a natural tip that way...

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I get a similar build up off fluff in my belly button, smells a bit too! Any tips?

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I think if you look closely in the classifieds of your local paper you can probably find people who will lick it out for a small fee.

5. asura

asura jack of all trades

When I started reading this my mind was still on the under-arm hair issue... 4 hours of sweat, cut fingers ans several toolboxes, bloody hell I thought, that's some major under-arm knotting!

6. teabag

teabag What's a Dremel?

My daughter makes my life awesome

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I just received in the post a terribly confusing set of council tax statements from years ago, with no explanation as to why I've received them. From what I can work out, it looks like a house I've not lived in for 6 years was banded incorrectly, and they're refunding the difference - not that there's a covering letter or anything explaining this - Just a cheque for £900, so not a bad day for unsolicited post then.

8. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

That'll probably pay your first month's insurance on your Poledancer!

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

laminate your stomach.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

In what may disgust drivers in their early 20s, that more than covers the annual premium for myself and my wife insured on both the Polecat and my 7-Series /hides

11. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

With peanut butter.

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

[​IMG]

13. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

cool; but im reasonable and wouldnt charge a fee! Perhaps an ad on gumtree will do :)

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

After Christmas i’m going to quit my job, sell all my stuff purchase a laptop which i can use in the local library and i’m going to completely annihilate PHP, MYSQL, Java doing courses then I’m going to do more courses and smash it to pieces.

I feel like my worth is allot more than earning 8k a year, walking on eggshells and taking orders from people which are miserable!

Motivated Yes? Drive Yes!

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Nov 2015
  16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

FTFY. Where are you off to?

17. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Gave notice to my boss on Tuesday, going to hopefully work an extended leave until January 31st, just booked myself 3 months in Newzeland so ill catch the tail end of their summer : ) doing the Kiwi bus tour deal, already booked myself some awesome activities : D

18. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I met some one that did some thing like this, back when I lived in n4, my friend downstairs henry had a guest around, he was driving a very expensive merc and making a high daily rate, he explained his story that he was basically living on the sofa of a friends house and purchased a VS book, he owned that and moved on, he made an interview some place for a junior position and after 6 months he was training or correcting the senior staff there, I think he was rehired at the same place and in the interview annihilated all their questions.

He completely lived it though to get to his dream, he must have read quite a few tomb books (thick) and did a whole bunch of practical's daily, nightly.

set yourself a life goal to wake up at 4am and get 2 to 4 hours of quality study in and do that for x period of time and that will give you confidence and also if you can pass an interesting cert.

You can have what you want but you have to be careful for what you wish for because when you get it don't get all shocked or mis understand the aspects about getting more money, like responsibility , deadlines, team work, extra home work.

don't do the selling route as it puts you with out options, increase your commitment to personal change whilst you are employed and safe, do that wake up at 4am trick I heard several times now about people changing their life course by sneaking in 4 hours study early doors before work starts, guess this means bed at 8pm, 9pm jobbie.

good luck

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I blame my iPhone.

Friends in Aberdeenshire for the weekend for fireworks and a party.

All went very well until my plane was delayed for 2 hours last night, then had to be de-iced, and then BA decided they wanted to leave my bag at Aberdeen for the night.. So had to pay for a cab into London from T5 at 1am, and then arrange to get my stuff dropped off today..

Not ideal, but getting a cheque for my cab and £50 credit on my BA account, so not terrible in the end.

20. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I'm building my own custom motorcyle! I've always dreamed of doing this, but didn't have the room in my old appartment. This year I moved into a new house with my gf which has a garage and a small workshop (3x6m). A bit too smal to do serious work on cars, but just big enough for bike-work.

The donor bike is a 1979 yamaha xs400. Hopefully it will become something between a cafe racer and street tracker. Since I'm going for something different, I hope it still works well together.

Here is the bike when I got it
    [​IMG]

Here I am cutting at the frame, getting the triangle clean and removing all brackets. The rest of the bike is in boxes, some parts labeled, hopefully enough.
    [​IMG]