1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I find those bloody flying things really annoying mind you I rarely use V.A.T.S.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Any recommendations for companions guys? Danse has now gone and if I try and bring him back I get a full on in your face assault from the BOS. I need some one hard with a good weapon.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I was thinking of giving the jolly green giant, Strong I think his name is, a go. Mind you Danse has been very useful.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Cait? Is that her name? She seemed alright when I had her.

5. Vault-Tec

I'll look into that cheers. Currently got some tosser from Goodneighbour but I may as well be alone tbh.

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The detective, Valentine, is meant to be pretty good as well.

I've just been sticking with Dog, nice to have around.

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

MacCready ? He is from Little Lamplight from Fallout 3 :).

8. Vault-Tec

Yeah I know. The little sod who wouldn't let you in unless you did the Paradise Falls quest !

I like how they have tied the two games together. Seeing Madison Li and Prime was awesome too.

I forgot all about him. He was following both Danse and I for a while. I've finished the main quest now see, so behemoths are common and I can't take them out alone. I may have to go back for him, at least he had a lazer weapon.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I thought dog was pretty useless. Always barking that he found something which turned out to be rubbish.

10. Vault-Tec

Or dragging his arse and needing stimpaks. Yeah, I found him to be a complete hindrance.

11. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I'm currently just leveling up the relationships so I can get the perks unlocked, then I'll probably stick with Dogmeat... he seems the less retarded AI of them all so far.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You wait until he runs into mines..

13. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I found that before I started wearing power armor their laser-beam attack would 1-shot me. Went to a certain vault and there were 2 or 3 outside. Got my ass handed to me a few times and went back home to grab a fatman. But like I say this was before I donned the power armor. Now I can go toe to toe with those and the big ones on wheels..even at the same time. Which you will have to do too if you find the best armor in the game.

Second vote for Cait. Loved her. Using Danse now though as he is a beast if you put him in a suit of power armor.

Dogmeat I dumped straight away for Codsworth. Found something like 10 companions now, though im not interested in most of them.

14. Vault-Tec

Yeah Danse is a one stop killing machine. I just used to bugger off around a corner and hide until the noise stopped.

That's pretty much why the game feels so much harder now, because he isn't there to fend off 30 attackers.

15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Find bigger fights! :D I have found that the Gunners make for great fights. I found a building taken over by them and the fight just to get in there was intense (the fights inside were sweet as well), fatmans rounds incoming with a Legendary guy running around just soaking up the 50. cal sniper rifle rounds to the face..lol. Danse went down and I had to fight for my life, and while wearing power armor too. It was awesome :D

16. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I got rid of all my companions a while ago, got fed up of them blocking doors and just getting in the way.

Honestly,I think that the 'Lone Wanderer' perk more than makes up for it.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am not sure I understand what you guys mean by perks. Are these what you get when you level up? Where you can fill in one star in a stat?
    I know Fallout 3 had separate perks which you could add to as you progressed.

Unless I am doing things wrong then it is going to take a he'll of a long time to level up and therefore fill in all the stars which makes, which really annoys me, opening higher ranked locks and long process.

Hope that makes sense as I am a bit doped up on new medication.

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yup. the perks are the new leveling system.

There are also perks that you can't level ordinarily and those are given by the non SPECIAL bobbleheads, such as the repair bobblehead giving you a +10% use from fusion crores in power armour.

Some are also given through magazines, Grognak comics each give you a +5% to melee damage and the Astoundingly Awesome Tales ones each give you a bonus to something like scoped weapons or the alien blaster.

Then you can get perks from followers as well when you manage to get their attitude towards you to be good enough.

19. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Level 44 now and struggling to stay interested. I can't really find any other 'proper' quests and randomly exploring only entertains me for so long. I really wanted the level 50 achievement, but doubt I'll make it. I kind of regret getting it on PS4 and not PC as it limits me with having fun with cheats and mods.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am at level 26 and have not played the game for two days. As I have said before it is just more Fallout 3, go here kill these enemies come back rinse and repeat. I will finish it but an immediate second playthough is looking unlikely.