1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I have some diagrams, but wanted to know where can I buy them. Ingredients are so expensive.

2. creative

creative 500rwhp

kill things and get the lesser version and then craft them into greater versions.

3. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Yes yes, I know the procedure, I just wanted to ask if someone knew the exact shop where I could buy them.

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

82h played and only 18% of game accomplished!
    This is a huge game:)
    OK, time to bed now:D

5. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

it sure is, it took me 192 hours to complete(that's including HoS DLC), and i still have a few quests/contracts left to do.

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, did you have any luck with red mutagens?
    I can't find even a one of those.
    Got lots of blue ones, green, got some named red ones, but not those you can use to enhance your abilities in that character's tree...:(

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Despite over 100 hours in the game, I don't recall ever finding one, strangely. Course it could just be that I didn't spend many skill points in the red zone and as a result did not add the red mutagens to the tree enhancer, so didn't notice them in my inventory.

8. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i had a tonne of lesser red monster mutagens but those can't be combined into greater mutagens and so on, buy there's a mod that makes it possible to do exactly that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/837/?

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Finally got to Skellige. I need to get my level up, at 20 just now. Looks like main missions give the most points, so will go a bit further with main story, then go back to Novigrad and Velen to finish all these witcher's tasks for level 25+, cause now it all kills me in few seconds:)

How do you get more money? I keep having around 1-2K only.
    I pick up all the stuff the falls from dead people and monsters but still not much money...

Last edited: 30 Nov 2015
  10. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

For money in Skellige you could go treasure hunting for a bit, just sail around picking up a bunch of loot. Also watch out for wraiths since they drop valuable dust you can sell. Finding the right merchants to sell your ingredients too, or even armor and swords helps as well, although I was never too bothered by getting money.
    Sometimes, when I wanted to craft something I'd go looking or selling, but most times I'd only armor that be worth over 6-700 or so to sell for example.

Have a good time in Skellige, it is a beautiful place and a lot of fun to explore. :)

11. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I finally started to get red mutagens... lots of it!:)

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I gotta say this is one of the best games I played in my life....

Skellige looks really nice. Previous location were beautiful, but Skellige is even better. I cannot imagine how incredibly beautiful this game looks - all terrain details, weather, people, monsters...
    Even Skyrim didn't give me this feeling - I was playing last night (again, finished around 3am, just for few hours of sleep before going to work:duh:) and had few moments were I stopped and just looked around, I stopped on one of huge mountains and looked on all surroundings, then went to some valley and looked on all mountains around, huge opened space.. magnificent!

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yeah it's pretty stunning! It's also one of the reasons I advocate not using fast travel where possible, as you miss the awesome transition between night/day and weather changes.

14. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Yep. What I even do, I drink that potion from warewolf so I can run without losing strength and simple run even long distances. Plotka is left behind:)
    I only use fast travel when need to go there and back few times during mission.

15. creative

creative 500rwhp

Look at doing the visual mods that are available.

Little mods like how Geralt draws his swords and lighting mods improve it even more! I didnt do any cheat type mods when I was playing and just kept them all to visual only.

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Sounds good, need to read about it, thanks.

Another thing - do you guys play Gwent in game?
    I skip it, doesn't make sense to me, or maybe I don't understand the rules? I dont know...
    Is it really important? Can you gain load of money from it?

17. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I play gwent. I seem to be around the same place as you in game too. I took some time out to build some decent decks but I wouldn't really say that there is much money in it so far.

Getting started is tough and requires a lucky draw but once you have a few cards you can pretty much select the draw you get. Let me know if you need any help with it.

18. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I admit that I've barely touched the Gwent minigame. I've been too busy running around (and often, running away from) monsters... it's great to have a game where you'll be Lvl 6... and riding around you'll find a monster nest that is... Lvl 30-something. Well, when I say, 'great' I mean, 'troublesome'... but it's nice to have an RPG that doesn't scale enemy level with yours...

The first time Roach threw me, only for the monsters to kill me in one hit I just sat there and thought, "Ouch..." closely followed by "Oddly satisfying..."

Sailing around Skellige is amazing, though. I think it looks amazing even without mods... also, weren't people complaining that CD Projekt had cut the graphics down for consoles? I tried hard to avoid development spoilers for TW3...

19. creative

creative 500rwhp

I was running in nexusmod:

more blood mod
    bugfix sheathing swords
    No more falling down stairs mod
    E3FX - alternative bloom
    Mod script merger to get them all working together.

Made a vast improvement on the visuals of the game imho!

as for gwent.... played one game, didnt get it, not played it again. lol

20. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

gwent is awesome, got all the cards and won the tournament :D

as for mods i used "improved saddlebags" as i don't like to fast travel and traveling all the time because Geralt is over encumbered can get annoying

Friendly Hud is another great mod, with most of the HUD hidden it makes the game much more immersive.

i also used one of those "visual" mods, to tone down the default orange tint, it was rather hard to find as most mods seem to be over saturated, can't remember the name of it as i lost it when i reinstalled the game...

Last edited: 6 Dec 2015