1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2015 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 23 Nov 2014.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Not a good idea IMO. Either bin it altogether or stick around. Sabbaticals have rarely worked.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It'll probably be a sabbatical in the same way Mika Hakkinen took a 'sabbatical'...

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Bom bom bom

Another one bites the dust.

Meanwhile, sergeant stubble continues to trundle around beating his team mates every year. Fernando needs at least five point from Abu Dhabi or he'll join Rubens, Lewis, Sergio and Kevin among the legion of drivers to finish a championship behind their team mate Jenson Button.

I know luck and engines played a part this year but it makes me laugh how all these drivers can't get ahead of the 'past it' ex-champion.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Think Jenson would laugh if somebody brought that up in truth. They have had a awful year. Ill be shocked if Alonso is in the car come 2016 if its still as bad as it is at the moment.

Heres a stat to make any McLaren fan grimace. Since Lewis left McLaren have not had a pole position or contested a race win. Stretches out to 55 races today. Only had 1 p3 or higher finish as well ( Corrected to 2 after RBR disqualification in Australia

McLaren need to make a decent car and Honda need a good engine. Between them they have billions of $ how hard can it really be.

Red Bulls engine deal is only for 1 year. Guess they assume changes to regs mean one of Ferrari or Merc must provide them a engine. SBR could be faster than RBR next season as they have the current ferrari engine lol.

5. RedFlames

What a dull and pointless ra.......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

... Ask Toyota

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

What a croc. Hamilton got kept out far too long in his second stint to only go and put another set of softs on. If they were going to keep him on that tyre they should have pitted him straight after rosberg. I think Mercedes waited until rosberg had closed the gap enough to give him the win, but not so much that Lewis wouldn't have the faintest of chances so he didn't feel hard done by.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2015
  7. rollo

rollo Modder

Glad I only had the bbc commentary on the phone it sounds like it was not a good race.

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It wasn't the best, some tussles in midfield, but there could have been a proper race for first at the end if Mercedes had allowed it. But as usual they denied us some proper racing.

9. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Turned it off after they kept lewis out longer, Really hope next seasons is more exciting but part of me does not expect it.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Toyota's problem was that they fired anyone who didn't strictly adhere to the Toyota way, even when they were succeeding.

Just ask Mike Gascoyne.

11. RedFlames

That appears to be honda's problem too, an insistence on doing things the 'Honda way' [even when it clearly isn't working]. My point was throwing money at it doesn't necessarily bring success as Toyota found out [partly for the reason you state].

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

As long as Ecclestone et-al keep them on inadequate tyres from only one manufacturer, that prevent the cars being driven to the limit, the racing will remain boring.

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

The whole last stop was a joke he should have been given the supersofts simple as that an then when he was pushing using an engine mode he wasnt meant to they threatened to put nico onto another if he didnt do as they wasnted to ensure their 1 - 2 ruined what could have been a great finale to the season.

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i was semi suprised to have not seen the pit crew ''accidentally '' struggle with a wheel nut or something to make fully sure that Hamilton would not have been able to catch Rosberg.

The commentry was rather funny to listen to
    'Lewis please use setting 10 or we will tell Nikko to use setting 6''

'Niko please use Setting 6'

'Niko its your cousin, lets go Bowling'

'Lewis its an order for you to turn to setting 10'

'Niko use setting 10 now'

15. rollo

rollo Modder

They will not let them contest the same area of road outside of the start. Makes for boring watching but easy 1-2. Impossible for us fans to know what those modes are. I assume 6 is slower than 10.

The only way we will get a possible split strat is if Ferrari are close forcing one of the mercs to defend and use more tyre life.

Will Mercedes force one of them to number 2 driver if it is a lot closer. Can anyone see Lewis following that order lol.

I'd say Mercedes for there part are just doing what's best for them. And why not give Nico some free wins if that's what they are doing. They will need him next year either way.

No Mercedes on pole for Australia would make a fun race.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tis the E-Asian way, Gentlemen. We'll do it ourselves, don't ask for help, don't lose face and respect the chain of command and the people that have worked from the bottom/are related to the boss. It's often considered too risky to ask a foreigner or having to work in a non-native language/deal with cultural differences etcetc

Just finished watching this race on the train: Vestappen threw away points, so Groj beat him in the drivers champ.
    Merc management can go **** themselves - let them race. I don't care who wins, just don't do that. I actually hope Ferrari pull it back next year, they REALLY need a challenger. The points haul this season is just stupid.
    Other than that AbuD track is craptacular.

17. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

But all that oil money!

I hope that it dries up in my lifetime, I would love to see it all implode as every country abandons the Saudi states because the oil has finally run out. But that's a topic for another day!

It is however ridiculous that F1 would even consider dropping Monza, yet keeping all these boring-a$$ tracks.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Mudbala (Saudi Arabian investment company) already having to sell off all its assets - including looking at it's 20% in AMD and GloFo.

but but but Azerby-wheverthe****itis

19. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

You forgot to mention Trulli, Villeneuve & Sato!

20. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

The BBC have ended the contract to show F1 early. Channel 4 are now picking this up from 2016
    Will they be showing all the races and will it be interrupted by advertisements? Hmmmm.