1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Matched Betting

Discussion in 'General' started by Hg, 4 Dec 2015.

1. Hg

Hg The game known as life

I have recently been introduced to 'Matched Betting' at first I was very sceptical, so you probably will be too. But basically it's a very clever system. It works by betting both for and against on an outcome...

For Example my first bet was on a football match for Guingamp to beat Toulouse, i placed £10 down on this to qualify for £20 back in free bets!
    Now here's the clever part, i then lay 'bet against' Guingamp to win on a betting exchange which in total cost me £12, but due to the odds on both bets what every the result i would stand to loss only 50p of my money but gain £20 back in free bets.

I then took £20 in free bets and did the above again using the bookies money, i profited £13.97.

Today i am 10 days in and up £100! however a friend of money has already reached £1400 in 4 weeks!

Now there are hundreds of offers around the net for new sign-ups to bookies etc where you can make this easy money. Its fully Legal and tax free as betting is seen as tax free income.

Now you could either do this all on your own and trawl the web for all the offers for new or existing customers or join the site below where the mods and community (over 20,000 strong) find these offers and share them with you, and ensure they work.
    The site also holds your hand with every offer, showing you videos and step, by step how you can make this work.

Watch this video:

sign up (FOR FREE) and try the two offers yourself - even if you do nothing else you can make around £40 profit! Then if you want to make more you can either go on your own of pay to use this sites services and community (which i advise).
    http://www.profitaccumulator.co.uk/
    Read this review on the site.
    http://www.matchedbettingbasics.com/profit-accumulator-review/

NOTE - I'm not trying to promote gambling, neither is the site. Gambling is bad for you. Matched betting means no risk because you're betting both ways! You'll always make a profit.

Last edited by a moderator: 4 Dec 2015
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Ultimately it is always the bookmaker that wins.

Ever wondered why you never see a skint bookie?

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

How much does that affiliate link earn you if you get someone to sign up? :rolleyes:

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I don't see anything inherently wrong with this thread (there's nothing illegal about matched betting) but the affiliate link in the first post was a little underhand in my opinion so I've changed it.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

'You'll always make a profit'.

No, no you won't.

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

The way odds are chosen for bets are explicitly designed so that betting both for and against an outcome will never even achieve unity (i.e. you will never get back what you put in) let alone allow a profit. Otherwise the first bookkeeper would have gone bankrupt several millennia ago, as would every attempt since.

There is no guaranteed profit in betting. You only avoid losing money either through luck, or having more information about the outcome than the bookkeeper, or being able to better predict outcomes than the bookkeeper based on available information. In sports betting or stock betting (ahem, sorry, I mean 'trading') the former generally implies some illegal behaviour on your part due to legislated restrictions on information distribution in these fields.

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

All this seems to be doing is providing a means for people to sign up to various online bookmakers, and using the bookmakers first bet offers to offset the loss on betting both ways. Of course this isn't a sustainable model as you will eventually run out of bookmakers with offers and without them subsidising the bet you can't porfit betting both ways. So then you have to go around posting affiliate links to get new people in on the deal in order to keep making a few quid. It seems that people looking for easy money and quick answers to life's problems are easy to exploit. Which is unfortunate, as these people are often in poor personal circumstances.

To be honest I find the technology used to scrape the bookmakers websites and how that process would be automated and co-ordinated in the background much more interesting than the gambling.

8. Hg

You dont run out of offers, there are always offers on bookies sites and from time to time they email offers.
    For example this week alone theres over £1000 worth of offers on the bookies for existing customers, that the site i linked (now removed :( ).
    You make your profit on the free bets, you make loss £1 on the qualifying paid bet, but always get that back and more on the free bets.

some of the comments here are a little naive, and show that people haven't looked at how matched betting works.

Yes there was a affiliate link to the paid site i use, but you dont have to use it, you can do it on your own but your more likely to make mistakes.

For example how about using the forums over at Money savings expert http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

or

http://www.savethestudent.org/make-money/what-is-matched-betting.html which is from a money saving site for students and goes through the process as easy can be.

I was never here to just spam a affiliate link, it was there for those who wanted to join that site, it was not hidden!!
    I am here to say have a look at matched betting if you havent already done so, its not a waste of your time, i would be happy to help people.

I have been a member of these forums since 2007, i have seen people come and go, I was honestly trying to help members of this community as i have always done nothing was done underhand and i think its pretty disgraceful to think people think it was.

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

And what if the teams draw?

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Dun dun duuuuunnn!

Ficky Pucker likes this.
  11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I don't think the majority of responders think/thought you were doing anything underhanded or spamming to be fair.

But be aware, gambling is addictive - much more so than many would believe. When you've had some luck (or whatever) it can be very tempting to take a risk in order to try and win big, but this rarely works. Consider why these companies choose to and can afford to offer free bets ;)

12. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

I've done this in the past couple of months, only done 4 different bookie websites and its a fail proof system, doesn't matter if a match results in a draw as you bet on if a team will win or not win, so if its a draw it counts as the team "not winning", i only made around £50 as i don't have the time to put into it or the funds to lay the bet at the moment due to moving house and car repairs. after Christmas ill be putting some time into it tho.

Theres no reason to pay for profit accumulator, they just embed a custom version of oddsmonkey.com onto their website and charge you for it

Last edited: 5 Dec 2015
  13. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

I've made a fair few k on match betting since around 2011. A friend of mine has made, in my estimation 25k in the same length of time, probably more, we don't often share what we earn. The best winnings are made on stuff like Ascot, Cheltenham and glorious Goodwood. I've taken five days off for Cheltenham each year over the last three years and my money didn't make it worthwhile the last time, due to less options for existing account holders. Now i have to go into the bookies and bet in person as i have such few accounts available to me.

It's easy to start with, and gets really tough as the different bookies slowly close your accounts due to your behaviour. I've had phone calls from them asking me about what i use the accounts for, theyve just closed them without saying why, if you're lucky you get an email.

Reap the rewards whilst you can, for a good twelve months its worthwhile and you can make a few quid. Watch channel four racing and keep an eye out for the codes on advert breaks etc.

Just remember, never gamble. It's just maths.

Edit:

Just read some other peoples responses, this isn't betting, it's simply placing a bet, then laying the bet, so you should come out even, albeit less the cut from the exchange. Then by having taken the bet with a bookie, you qualify for a free bet, you then do the same, and as it's not your money you always win. There's some offers that return you a free bet if your horse comes second, so i would set up a whole days worth of horse racing, and trying to pick a horse to come second. Some days this would never happen, other days i would end up with £180 just from using William Hill with that offer. Some races i would have three or four different bets on whilst having covered my liability on the exchange with one **** horse.

I tried to explain to my Dad, he's bloody good with money, but he can't get his head around it's not betting. It's simply maths. Match the bet on the exchange to the value of the bet at the bookies.

I dont generally do footy anymore, i use mainly horse races and occasionaly dog racing in the evenings. You just have to be quick and good with your maths as one mess up on the exchange and you could lose a serious amount of money. I generally lean the laying bet slightly off so that if my horse wins on the bookies as i've chosen a good horse then i win even more, but if it loses then i lose a couple of quid. Makes it a little more exciting but obviously is now betting and not just maths.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2015
  14. Hg

You win as you laid on the team not to win, and they didn't win they drew.....

Thank you for those who are trying to help explain the principals to those who don't understand.
    This is why i suggested using a site like http://www.profitaccumulator.co.uk/ as it does alot of the research for you and guides your hand into the world of matched betting.
    I would rather use a site like this for £23 a month and make £1000 then go on my own at the present as i still have a lot to learn, and they find all the best offers too which saves me time.

AGAIN THIS IS NOT GAMBLING you are betting on all the outcomes, and making the money using the free offers on the sites.

15. Puk

Just be careful when using betfair, i always tell people to triple check before they lay their bet, and understand how you can offset it if you **** up and not lose a load of cash.

As i said, it's hard to get people to understand, so i don't talk about it to anyone anymore. Set up a different email address for all the bookies you sign up to, as you get a lot of spam, hopefully full of free bets, i get in the region of 20 emails a day from bookies at this point but it was a lot lot more. People also use to say use different usernames as bookies talk to one another, but i've found this as rubbish, well, not to my knowledge anyhow. I've tried doing it since my move to Aus, but their offers are shite in comparison, much to the pity, so have put it on ice for a while.

Best of luck, enjoy the tax free cash!

16. Hg

Thanks Puk,
    I started on my own but quickly learnt i wasn't seeing all the offers.
    While i dont really agree to paying £23 a month for profit accumulator, i have already made that money back and some, as there are soo many reload offers on the site that i wasn't aware about (sure i could have gone round checking all the bookies, but that would take hours)

17. Puk

Profit Accumulator is new to me, i'll have a look. I must admit, i've been out of the scene since May time.

How does PA work? Does it just send an email per day with various codes and links to the bookies? So you still have to sign up to accounts and the such?

Most of my accounts are long since toast, and now i'm in aus i'm ****ed as many of the bookies use ip location banning for preventing you from using a UK account abroad. The time difference also screws me on horse racing where i've made 90% of my cash, as the odds change so fast, there's little point setting up the bets the night before. I may chuck the £23 and see what it's like, get a proxy setup and have a play. Any free cash is a bonus.

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Turns out you can also go sign up for bank accounts and get free money that way tooo, who would have thought!

Also, why bother with the matched betting in the first place? Just take the free bets on the stuff with the best odds from the bookies. In the long run you'll make more profit with less hassle.

19. Hg

PA puts all the offers it finds and verifies into categories from beginner up to advance. It also has sections/offers on vegas games, and bingo so its not just sports betting sites which you can use.
    Also as a bonus they have 10s of reload offers (offers open to existing customers of said sites) which is updated daily.
    Ontop of that there is a forum with 1000s of users sharing offers, offering advice, tips etc.

An annual sub is £150 which is much better value, but for now were trying out the £23 a month plan which has worked wonders in just a few days!

That would not work as you would first have to put your money down on say a £10 bet which you could lose (as stakes are normally evens or above to qualify for the free bets), then yes you get £20 in free bets, but you would have to bet on something with really low odds to give you the best chance of winning which means even if you win all the free bets, chances are your still be down as you could have lost on your qualifying bet.

20. Puk

With the greatest respect, you don't understand match betting. I'm not lying about the fact I've made a lot of money doing this. My friend paid for his wedding and honeymoon by his savings from doing this alone.

My father can't get his head around it either so you're not the only one. This is honestly, guaranteed free money, but, and there is a but, it can be risky. Odds change quickly, especially on horse racing so you have to be careful. The whole idea of match betting is to get a free bet. So you could use a booky, play a tenner to win a tenner bonus. But if you choose the non winning horse then you've lost your original tenner, and if you choose a losing horse with your free bet you lose that too. By playing your own tenner on a horse to win, and then matching that bet on an exchange for a tenner as that horse to lose you cover the whole field and should come out theoretical at zero so you don't lose anything. Unfortunately the exchange takes a percentage so your always at a loss. But the reason you do the match bet is so you've then got your free tenner bet. If you wanted you could put that on a horse to win at decent odds like 2-1 and win twenty quid. But if that horse loses you've lost everything. So we do the same, choose a horse to win, and lay it by choosing it to lose on an exchange. Either way you win a tenner(less exchange percentage). You'd rather it go into your exchange account as it's easier to use than the bookies.

I honestly suggest having a go. Playing on footy or dog racing the odds don't move very fast. During a day on the horses at Cheltenham festival you need to be seriously on it. Hence I always take the whole week off for Cheltenham.

Hg likes this.