1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Did you get these from Nexus? There is one or two I might try.

2. creative

creative 500rwhp

I did indeed.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Found them on Nexus and have installed the Uber Fidelity one and will see how that looks later.

4. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

5. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

"Spend £60,000 a year on security, so they're not cavalier about this stuff" yet obviously missed the fact that pre-mid-2013 accounts still use the plain text password or unsalted or whatever weaker encryption format.

Pretty cavalier if you ask me.
    Why was this not an enforced thing?

It'd be great when they do open up the steam workshop though, thoroughly going to abuse my pc with the ammount of mods.

My Oblivion install got up to ~35gb :D

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I installed a couple of mods and now my HUD is squashed. Been trying to sort it but as yet no luck. Will put up a screenshot later to show what I mean.

Edit: Screenshots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Dec 2015
  7. creative

creative 500rwhp

What mods did you install?

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

As it happened it turned out I had not actually installed the mods. I had not used the Nexus mod manager correctly.
    But I wanted to install Uber Fidelity and this one http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1215/?

I have also tried verify files within Steam. If memory serves this also happened in Fallout 3 following an update. Fallout 4 updated yesterday and I wonder if there is a connection.

9. creative

creative 500rwhp

Uber is easy to install. Just drop the 3 files in the main fallout 4 folder and start the game. I removed the black borders as per the instructions.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am looking for advise on my issue as shown in the screen shots and installing or not having Uber installed does not help.
    Not sure what you mean by black borders though.

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

It's to do with the fallout 4 update. It forcibly disables mods on start. Update Nexus Mod Manager and it'll include a fix to stop it happening in future.

Not sure why Bethesda took the option of disabling player mods, but I think it was due to all the troubles with FO4Snip created mods breaking save-games. (Almost everything on the nexus is now made with FO4Edit, which is a far more reliable tool)

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This happened before before the mods were installed though I did read something along the lines of what you posted. I have since installed the mods and the issue remains. Not a game breaker but an annoyance, if memory serves I had a similar issue with Fallout 3 but cannot for the life of me remember how I sorted it.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

14. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

is it wrong that i've not been back to this game since the initial few weeks, with black friday just gone and christmas coming up finding it hard on my days off to get motivated to play this game.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

No I don't think it is. To be honest in my opinion it is little more than a large expansion pack for Fallout 3 but with far more confusing crafting.

16. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Useful stuff on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sp58m/guide_how_to_create_your_own_legendary_items_with/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?sle=true

A wounding combat shotgun a wounding Deliverer pistol and a kneecapper machine gun help a great deal :D

tgm (total god mode?) in console while base building gives unlimited resources, turn it off again before venturing out though.

setav 34b 10000
    setav 349 9000000

gives massive base building size, or you can do getav 34a and getav 348 first and just multiply those numbers to something sensible.

17. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Toggle God Mode?

18. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Could be, as god mode is usually total LOL

19. creative

creative 500rwhp

Well that was a mission just getting to the Castle from Sanctury! There are a lot of hazards in those cities!

And also glad I had the Fatman on Dogmeat when I didnt realise I had started storming the castle! :D My aim was just to open the area up so I could fast travel there once I had enough ammo at a later time but that didnt go to plan! :D

Starting to enjoy this game now. Got my head around the controls and the crafting, a few visual mods and some decent weapons means I like to get out and just explore the wastelands!

20. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Minimodder

Does anyone else not use power armor?

I'm about 70 hours in, although I've hardly touched the main quest and bar one or two missions when I knew it was going to get real I've not used the power armor.

If I find any I always jump in and bring it home but its more like a surprise and that I have a tendency to horde.

Pretty much the only thing I'm lacking is level 4 science so maybe the jetpack will change things but I have 9 full sets of armor 2 of which being the best in the game and still never feel the urge to use it.

That being said I've never used it in the previous games either.

I dunno for me at least I enjoy walking out through the wastes on epic journeys without returning to base and the power armor just doesn't feel natural to me / my play style.