1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rad fans - which led fans?

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Sn3akr, 11 Dec 2015.

1. Sn3akr

Sn3akr What's a Dremel?

Hi guys 'n girls

Starting a mod project and need some fans for my rads, Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 2x360 (and a 240 if i can get it fitted into my newly aquired Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX)

I've looked at the the TT Riing, but tests says the are bad at lower voltage, the Antec Truequiet UFO's, but those have bad static pressure and the Corsair SP120 LED, but those seems pretty crappy compared to the non-LED (no rubber corners etc)

Shame about the Riing and UFO though, since their looks are awesome for my mod!

I'd like the fans to be 3-pin (since the case have a 10 fan hub with PWM control) and have white led.

What fans do you guys have experience with that have good static pressure, LED and still can be undervolted without loosing all cooling power? Please let me know about your experience /advise

2. alfizzle

alfizzle Ooh aah just a little bit..

3. Sn3akr

Sn3akr What's a Dremel?

I know, but there's 2 issues i'd like to avoid if possible..
    A: Their Orange and i can't really avoid having to take them apart for painting them since i'm gonna do a white purple theme, and i'm not really sure how the hydro dynamic bearing are to take apart without damaging them.
    B: Their not LED fans which i'd really like, and if i have to go for non led fans i'd go for some i know is fairly easy to take apart and reassemble. ;)

4. alfizzle

alfizzle Ooh aah just a little bit..

You can get them in led, didnt realise the ocuk ones where not led.

But blades are still orange, so yeah..

5. Sn3akr

Sn3akr What's a Dremel?

Didn't know they did them with LED, but again, i'm not real sure how easy they are to tear apart for painting or it'll ruin the bearings, being hydro dynamic, i guess there's some kinda fluid in them that i can't just replace.. And painting them without disassembling isn't the best of options

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The xigmatek fans in my sig are pretty decent, although not widely available. There's plenty of colours to chose from too.

7. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

I used these in my project build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOn-U_D4WVY

Enermax TB Vegas 120mm, pressure aint too bad for LED fan and theyre reasonably quiet if not full speed. Some great options in the range aswell

8. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

Very pretty :)
    Do they come in blue?

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

What about the new antec fans with the glowing ring?

10. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

BitFenix Spectre Xtreme? White LED, 3 pin, rubber corner mounts, rad screws included and designed for water cooling applications. They sound like your perfect fan...