1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yep. Bernie has successfully up-sold F1 to increasingly premium brand sponsors, which look at the disposable income of the TV viewer as an indicator, rather than volume = prefers those who can afford to pay for TV as differentiator.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

If it goes to Pay TV only, I won't be watching. I ain't coughing up for a Sky Sports subscription just to watch one sport.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

You don't need to at last check you can just stick hd pack and get sky sports f1

4. David

I have Sky HD - I don't get Sky Sports F1.

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I used too get Sky Sports F1 when i was a Sky customer, Only paid extra for the HD pack.

Sam

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

It is now only available in the Sports pack, it was initially available with HD alone - but no longer.

7. David

So, the production company set up by David Coulthard and Jake Humprey will be responsible for Channel 4's coverage of F1.

Source

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Hmmm, not sure how I feel on that, guessing they will present/commentate but will they pull in EJ or Suzi?

9. David

Seems to me that they were in a position to act once the beeb decided to bail out.

I won't shed many tears if they don't bring Suzi but, annoying as he is, EJ still has the contacts and the brass neck to get stuck in and find out stuff. I got the impression that Jake may not be back in the pit lane, given his current commitments.

10. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Refreshing to read that I'm not the only one who's not a Suzi fan.
    I think she's a terrible commentator!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. David

I've never been a fan. When she first took over as lead presenter, the dearth in quality between her and Jake was blatant. She couldn't ad-lib a simple link and had little to no idea what was happening next in their pre-race build up. She improved over time, but still isn't up to scratch IMO and seemed to bring out the sillier, more annoying, side of EJ.

12. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Agree completely. I think Lee did a far better job when she stood in for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

The "oh its a lady I must try an impress her" scenario. Only plus side if EJ doesnt come back is we wont have his interesting shirt choices.

14. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

I'm such a fan of McKenzie - she seems to actually have an interest and knowledge in the sport, whilst also seemingly holding the respect of the teams & drivers.

When Perry was announced for the BBC coverage, I was the only person amongst my friends, convinced she'd be crap from the start. I was correct - and now the rest of them (since the 3rd or 4th race of her coverage) are on-side.

The loss of the BBC F1 coverage is a blessing if Perry never presents F1 again. I would echo comments others have said regarding her lack of ability/knowledge etc. The awkward "bants" between her and EJ was cringeworthy at best.

To hear C4 got the contract, with DC heading the line-up, I'm a happy guy. I'd also say that whilst Jake has commitments at present with BT Sport, it bodes well for the future that he's got *some* part in the new coverage.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Jake made it clear he loves football more than F1 so we won't be face time involved I think - even thought I'd love to see him back. I'd love Lee to present too! It's about time that happened.
    No Suzi fan here either but DC is even worse and his commentating is just .. no, thanks. I actually enjoy EJs bite more than I don't care for his moronic ramblings occasionally.

Still think the setup on Sky is better - Herbert has the personality, Hill is analytical and better at articulating it than DC, and Simon(?) is a decent presenter. Plus I enjoy Ted and Bruno's side bits too.

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I believe you're referring to "SkyJake" :lol:

17. David

Maldonado could lose his Renault seat.

BBC Link

Oh noes, that would be terrible! :D

I know it's probably just a public hurry up to PDVSA, but it's such a juicy prospect I couldn't help but post it.

18. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Eh? I never really minded Suzi to be honest.

DC will be a welcome return. EJ, well, I could take him or leave him, but as others have said in this thread, his pull with the inner circle means he can get places other pundits can't.

So long as the race commentators can keep on the ball, I don't mind who they have presenting the front-end.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

K-Mag and Palmer, if nothing else that would give Renault the most personable driver line up on the grid.

If it leaves Hasta Crashthacarnow out on his backside all the better.

20. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Nah, he's no pretend Jake, he does have a personality though and the Sky Team really works well together.

Bit the bullet early and paid up for the Sky treatment..... if only I watched the other 5 SkySports channels.... :wallbash: