1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

How do you overdose on a bus? How do you even get a bus in a syringe?

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Which is why I use Firebird reactive targets :thumb:

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Posts like this remind me why I installed that "SJW -> skeleton" extension in Chrome. Makes discussions like this much more enjoyable (and it makes just as much sense). :)

Last edited: 15 Jan 2016
  4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Maybe he just had some diesel an coolant in a syringe. Some people have some weird going to work habits.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Presumably it runs you over.

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Thanks to you bunch of fart-huffers and your extensive use of acronyms I had to Google SJW.

Still don't know what the Sino-Japanese War has to do with Internet arguments, but lost an hour to Wikipedia reading up on it.

7. Xir

Xir Modder

Right, talk straight! :D

Sports...Hence Churchills whish for "No Sports" meant he wanted the war to end :naughty: *I'll get my coat*

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Can we please move all the Gun arguing to its own thread please ?? this place is for funnies

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Weak sauce, lol. There are plenty of countries who contributed to the formation of the USA, not just the UK- centuries of different cultural development.

Target shooting, pest control, re-enactment.

As I noted, actually. As I also noted, you see a few cases of criminal mis-use and all of a sudden everything gets banned- knee jerk reactions to try and placate the daily mail readers.

Seriously? Context man, context. Insisting that using ratios will make for a stronger argument vs percentages is idiotic.

No one is suggesting free access to weapons, no one, only you. The usual rules about requiring a back ground check and paying for a license will apply- I'd advocate stronger checks as it happens to ensure the chances of a loony getting a gun are minimised. Just remember, if someone wants a gun to commit a crime, they are far more likely to go down the illegal route, than go through the flaming hoops of the legal route- don't be so naive.

Your idea of fun must be rather dull. Go watch some of the shooting channels on youtube, lighten up FFS.

Lol @ Pliqu3011.

But yeah, stop worrying so much and have a little faith in gun owners- have less faith in the police in their ability to deal with the flow and supply of illegal firearms from overseas into the UK :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I think it's pretty funny. :p And Pliqu3011's SJW --> skeletons plug in is inspired. Makes it sound like SuicideNeil and I are arguing about how to deal with a zombie apocalypse --which is as serious as you can get. :p

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Some of us have to put up with IE11, could spice it up with some IE8 action, you know living on the edge an all that.

12. walle

walle Minimodder

In case of zombie apocalypse I'd head over to Germany to take up residence in one of the old flak towers.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2016
  13. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

So serious, even the CDC has a zombie preparedness plan :D

14. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Aw ****, they're arguing about guns again
    [​IMG]

15. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

[​IMG]

To quote Nexxo, "YMMV"

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, they even speak a different language! Oh, wait...

Pretending to kill, killing, not a use of guns --unless your re-enactment is really hard core (which it may well be, knowing you :p).

OK, how many school shootings should happen before we think we ought to do something about that? The US is still deciding...

I'm almost certain that I didn't argue that. You consider the ratio/percentage as a constant. We're suggesting that there is no reason to assume that.

A significant source of illegal guns is legal guns (that are lost, stolen, otherwise appropriated). But I'm all for stronger checks. I appreciate that some people have a legitimate use for guns: farmers, hunters, pest controllers.

I went through a phase of blowing things up. I was a teenager. But modding was more fun, to be honest. And then I grew up and discovered sexy, good food and drink, bee keeping, metalwork, baking, stuff like that. And all of a sudden shooting guns seemed a bit... boring.

As I said: the current gun owners don't worry me. It's the ones who join the party if gun laws are relaxed that worry me.

17. Moddern

Moddern Minimodder

18. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Lol, weak. Again. Many countries speak English- your clinical skills better be a lot better than your debating skills.

Ever heard of blanks, or powder charges only?

Hello, welcome to the UK!

Blame the person, not the tool- in China many mass killings in schools are carried out with knives; lets ban kitchen knives! No wait, lets ban baseball bats! No wait, lets ban cars ( vehicular homicide is a thing, sadly )!

I didn't imply any such thing- it's just two metrics that make no odds. The numbers are so small it's as good as pointless, that's what the Home office has stated, that's what I've stated. Maybe if the shadow2001 stopped obsessing about what he learnt in mathematics today...

*Insignificant. Far more flow in from over seas- stolen rifles from clubs is sad and worrying, but you're talking maybe a few dozen at most a year are stolen or lost ( lost by armed police and army cadets on training exercise; lol, I think.. ), compared to potentially thousands coming in through the borders.

I'm sorry that you turned into a boring old man.

The same checks will be in place- loonies won't be invited to the party. Incidentally, no one is talking about relaxing gun laws, we're talking about preventing further restrictions based on the worst kind of reasoning ( terrorists use large calibre guns from a former war zone to kill people in Paris, so 'they' want to ban .22 sporting rifles everywhere because... guns am teh bad, apparently ).

Please try to keep up, I know you're old and clearly losing the plot, but do try...

Oh please, give up now if that's the best you can manage. The NI conflict has been over for years- a handful of wannabes trying to keep it going hardly qualifies as the whole of the UK being like the bad old days of Frontier era USA.

It's fun arguing with people who don't have a leg to stand on- especially when they don't even know what they're meant to be arguing against. Inserting words into other people's mouths and then using that to argue about- I pity the fools.

Moving on:

[​IMG]

19. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Firstly, those aren't pikies. Those are normal lower class residents of a UK regional capital.

Secondly, do you really think the paramilitaries are disbanded? Do you think best mates, with illegitimate but undeniable power, are simply going to stop meeting and discussing that which they've been discussing for years? No, they've shifted fully to organized crime, which traditionally funded their causes, and are still ready to mobilize with a shift in the political wind.

Thirdly, I never said the UK would turn in to the wild west; That was entirely you. My point is that your corner of sleepy old England is in the same nation, within the same borders, and governed by the same laws as other regions with more volatile socio-political tensions. Any argument regarding UK gun laws must prove how any proposed reforms would be beneficial to all parts of the country.

20. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

There have been 47 posts containing the word "gun" in this thread in the 50 days since SuicideNeil returned.

In the preceding 203 days he was away there were a grand total of 3.

However I do not think SuicideNeil control is the answer :thumb: