1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Battlefied 3

I'm at Colonel 97 now, my bucket is on order, it's on order!

2. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Xenoblade Chronicles X.. and I'm loving it ^_^

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Bayonetta 2; it's certainly auctioned packed!

4. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Started replaying Max Payne 3 last night. Kind of wish I hadn't now.

The game is still pretty good fun, it's just a shame it is completely borked if you run a secondary screen as each time you turn left (secondary screen is on the left of my primary), the mouse drags over to it and minimises the game.
    Solved by running in a window, but I don't really want to do that. Shame.

Will do if Social Club stops being a PITA.

5. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Windows key+P right before you start the game will solve that mate.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dead Rising 3
    It has been a long time since I have had so much fun with a game, I presume there might be a story but I have no idea as I see d much of the time collecting the masses of collectibles. Converting vehicles into death machines then driving around crushing hundreds of zombies is so satisfying.
    Reminds me of the good old days of Serious Sam: First and Second Encounters with it's over the top killing.
    Good thing is I discovered the version I have has the DLC included so a few mores days gaming to cone.

7. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Don't worry, after a lot of googling, I ran it in Windows 7 compatibility mode and it works perfectly now!

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've been shifting a lot of my playtime over to my PS4 lately, picked up Destiny and Assassin's Creed Syndicate in December so I've been playing those a little bit.
    Not quite sure what to make of Destiny so far, Syndicate is basically more of the same from the Assassin's Creed franchise with a few new gadgets, it's a shame it doesn't have a split-screen co-op mode with the twins as I think that could of made it quite a bit better.

Also been continuing my mission to unlock everything in The Binding of Isaac, about 70 more items to find... until they add more content.

9. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Elite Dangerous Horizons.

A bit of DCS world.

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Over Christmas played some Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime with my brother which was great, but now that I'm back with my PC I'll be playing some more CS, Don't Starve: Shipwrecked and Invisible Inc. Contingency Plan as I didn't really play much single player stuff whilst with the family.

11. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Ugh, and Max Payne 3 is back to being a PoS unplayable mess.

Off to Diablo 3 I go, to get ready for the S5 grind, quit after a month, and go back to WoW until the season ends.. The cycle continues.

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just bought a PS4 and one of the games i picked up was The Last Of Us.......

Holy s**t this game is amazing, well to me anyway.

13. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Most recently I've been playing The Long Dark and Medieval Engineers.

I find The Long Dark relaxing, apart from when I'm getting murdered by lupine ba***rds. After a few false starts I found my feet and managed to survive long enough to properly explore most of the first map. I think I've lasted about three weeks or so now. It's repetitive but manages to hold its appeal despite that. I'm playing on regular difficulty and the map I've spent all of my time on is the easiest, so my pride at surviving as long as I have is most likely misplaced.

Medieval Engineers is a game I've been after for a while and only recently picked up. At first I really didn't like it and would probably have asked for a refund had that been an option (I got it from G2A). The poor first impression was mainly because I found the controls awkward and building slow and frustrating. Happily I quickly got used to the controls and began to have fun. I've not done much with the game yet really, I made a working portcullis which I was quite proud of, made a start on a massive fortress and made a trebuchet that works mechanically but isn't able to move the large projectiles. I gather people have made some very impressive stuff with it that would put my working gate and impotent catapult to shame but I'm avoiding YouTube and the workshop for now as I enjoy figuring things out for myself with this kind of game. So far I've clocked over 16 hours and I'd certainly recommend the game even though the physics are far from realistic and it has a lot of rough edges in its current state.

On a side note my dad asked me recently "what are you doing today?" and I felt slightly ashamed when I answered "building a castle".

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Batman Arkham Knight

HOW COULD THE LAUNCH OF THIS BE SO BAD?! The game runs nicely now and looks absolutely gorgeous. I've barely played it and I already know I'm in for a treat.

If it had launched in its current state, this whole debacle could've been avoided.

15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
    Me and my niece have been playing a lot of this on the PS4 lately, it's really good fun for a local co-op game and just about the right level of complexity for enjoyable puzzles that don't take too much thought. My only negative with the game is that the gems you collect doesn't get split evenly, so you end up having to agree that in a tomb one person picks up all of the gems and then in the next tomb the other person gets them all... if they split the gems, or just allowed you to trade equipment then it'd be a little less annoying.
    It's a nice change of pace from the over simplicity of our usual games of Trine and Little Big Planet.

Fallout 4
    On the PC I've been doing a lot of base building in Fallout 4, I've more or less chosen to completely ignore the story now as it's gotten rather stale. The settlement management is quite enjoyable with how you go out into the wasteland to scavenge for some supplies and then come back to extend the structures, I can quite happily spend hours scouting around for bits to break down.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Crysis 3

first time ive bothered playing it since my Crytek stint back in '13, its not as bad as i remember but it sure as hell isnt as good as the first.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Attila Total War, I picked it up cheap from CDkeys.com. I'm late to the party with it but understand even on launch, it was much better that Rome 2.

I have played for about 40 hours already and so far enjoying it, many of the game systems are improved over Rome 2. It seems in a fairly good state and I have been having a fun but hard time as the Western Roman Empire as it collapses under the weight of multiple invasions and economic turmoil. I am loosing badly now, down to just 8 provinces in modern day Italy, with the Huns nearly at the gates of Rome!

And for anyone wondering, yes, it's basically Barbarian Invasion for Rome 1 thematically speaking but to my surprise and delight, it's a new game in it's own right, with many significant difference to Rome 2.

Worth a punt at £9.99 and goes a way toward rebuilding trust in CA/Sega.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dead Rising 3 Bought in the Steam sale and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have finished the main game and am now playing episode 2 of 4 DLC. And at 50 hours playtime so far well worth the pittance I paid. It really is good fun just getting all the collectables.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Battlefield 3

It's official, I am now a Colonel 100 **** bucket.

So that's it, I've completed BF3, it only took four years, two months and seventeen days. Should I be happy or miserable that there is now nothing left to do in my favourite game ever?

20. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

BF3 eh? That's now a classic I reckon. Apart from BF2142 it was the BF I played more than any other. I never took to BF2 and haven't bothered with the BF4 I purchased.

Oh I did play a lot of bad company 2. I forgot that.