1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Whilst it might not be as serious as Kayin and Waynio's health problems or some such...

I'm not doing well... in any sense... and it's hard to elaborate as to why...

I... just needed to say it...

Carry on... just ignore me having a... whatever... everyone else does :/

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

They should have anticipated those issues, possibly discussed them with you before hand and understood the risks so you were finically prepared. A civic (i recall a picture) is popular that if parts are sparse they would know early on into the problem. (maybe i'm wrong)

You're getting mugged off. Find a pal with a car and rope and get it out of there, i've done it before and it saved me a small fortune. The garage has since shut down due to bad publicity.

My new garage has been absolutely awesome, I take my car there for absolutely everything and my custom is usually repayed in discounted labour fees or as small as a hot chocolate while i wait. They usually investigate some issues without charging me a penny. I've had my car start and then conk out everytime, The problem was found and the guy who came to check it out even offered to drive it back (by hard revs) back to the garage if i didn't want the hassle.

They've stayed after hours for me to get MOTs redone if i have a fail also

Its worth finding a garage like this, it makes car dilemmas less stressful and almost comforting taking it to a face you know is willing to help.

I understand, I'm a little bit in that position myself but i'm coping. If you need a venting post my inbox is empty. I'm always happy to chat if its any form of relief

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Yeah, I'm cool, thanks.

The bag has stopped leaking, but only because I took action over what the Stoma nurses were telling me.

The one I had while in ward was amazing. The one I have now seems to spend all her time talking about how busy she is, instead of helping.

In the end, I ordered some adhesive past samples from sites. I use that on the skin and then the ring over the top, the two kind of merge and it creates a great barrier.

I'm off to see my surgeon next week, so fingers crossed they'll send me for my first scans, to ascertain if the initial surgery worked and all is healing nicely. If all goes according to plan, I'll have my reversal some time in April.

Of course we rarely know things stick to timelines, when surgery is involved, so I'm OK with a slight delay.

4. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

You have been completely scammed, I'm afraid to say.

Sounds to me like they'll take the parts you return, and fit them to another vehicle. Perpetuating their ********.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Have to agree, they fitted the wrong part thats their fault for not checking not yours you wouldnt know the difference between the two gear boxes.
    Sounds like they are really taking you for a ride on this as pixels said, get it out of there, they changed a gearbox but didnt use new seals (that would usually come with it) or new clips which would have been on the drive shafts they needed.

I've not done spannering for a while now but Civic boxs were never mega common but engine and gearbox re con companies were always able to get them with a little lead. If they couldnt go by the VIN to get the right box you would go off the casing marks.
    If you had a drive id say get a few friends the right parts an some beers an make a day of it. Its not hard just time consuming.

6. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

It also probably doesn't need to be said, but you need to move fast! Especially if you want to go down a legal route.

My old PT was a perfect runner until I took it to a new garage one year for MoT. They found multiple failures in front end, which I ended up paying out £600 for to get fixed. They passed the MoT, and it turns out the problems were all of their creation! The problems they hadn't fixed when I got underneath included snapping open the A/C pipework, cracking the underbody shield, and the real doozy was wearing the lugs on the t/c manifold exhaust pipe. This lead to it blowing off constantly until I got a bit of lockwire around it to hold it on.

Once all these problems had been recognised as this garage's fault, my solicitor told me way too much time had passed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was their fault.

Live and learn, but take the experience from others as a lesson, and get all over this garage's ass for your money back.

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Kind of annoyed that I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U at argos for £29.99. Go to collect it - out of stock, won't be back in stock again. The game is about a month old, why is it discontinued? So they can replace it for a listing of the same game with a price tag of £39.99.

Why list it at all if it was discontinued? Silly corporation.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

BT going down today ruined my day safe to day who the hell keeps a database on one sodding machine when its part of an apparently super important project with no backups! Kept moaning we need it working now.

9. RedFlames

Having one of those 'coin toss if i get on the bus or jump in front of it...' days

10. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Feck, that's every day for me...

So here's a new one...

The G/F and I were supposed to go to the Oregon coast last month on vacation, but in december she said she had to borrow the money that i had set aside for the trip. She never got it back to me and we didn't end up going. Since I had the time off already I got tickets to California and went down and saw my dad for a week. The GF and I talked a couple of times while I was down there, but nothing super deep.

I got back Friday and on Sunday while I was at work two different people asked me if (GF) had gotten moved yet. I said "huh?".

So I texted her today and asked her. Got evasive answers both times.

Finally got her on the phone and yes, while I was in California she moved out of her apartment (which is still my mailing address) and is now living on her brother's couch in Tacoma, about 100 miles away.

And the best part?

It's my fault for not knowing that because i didn't ask. :wallbash:

Do you ask people you haven't seen in a week if they've randomly moved to another city since you saw them last? Does everyone else start conversations with "Hey dear, hows it going? Still living in the same place?"

Suffice to say, we have now had a change of status from significant others to friends.

11. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

[​IMG]

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Whatever floats your boat there bro, but I can safely say that following those antics I feel like my new status would be something other than "friends"!

13. RedFlames

This... she's not 'friends' she's 'get in the sea you crazy woman'...

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Freaking fuming and don’t know where i should let go

On the one hand the garage said my car would be ready today because now they think the drive shaft was 5mm too short so ordered a new one on saturday and it hasn’t come yet so i’m stuck once again.

Then my boss who knows all the issues i’m having with my car has put me in a shop 40 miles away with my shift ending after the last bus. (seriously? she knows the bus times because she works their all the time) apart from that i hate buses and have had toilet issues since my gallbladder pooped life which she also knows about and i can’t claim back the bus money until i’m there which i don’t currently have so all in all!

I feel like life is just crapping all over me atm and nothing's giving me a damn break

edit : and to top it all off i have a ingrowing toe nail which hurts like a complete !!!! but i can put up with that.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

If i put my life on someone else and went to analyse their life i would be shouting 'RUN YOU FOOL RUN!!'

I really just don't understand what i'm doing, I could be so much happier. Its just complicated

****CKDHDHFJF DHAHD

Last edited: 3 Feb 2016
  16. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

My brother died from cancer, my sister has informed me that she will not be repaying the $10,000+ she owes me, and yesterday I was stood up for a date.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Power cut in my part of Edinburgh. It occurs to me that I was really unsure who to contact in this situation. I found out it was not the supplier who was sure that in some way that I had turned it off at the mains. Eventually he put me through to SP Energy Networks who own the infrastructure and, glory be, she is sending me a fridge magnet and a key ring with the emergency number on. So every cloud and all that.:thumb:

I was enjoying the wiles of Lara Croft when the power cut hit. Now we wait for however long though the good and generous lady at SP did say it would be on by 17:30 or earlier. How they can make that sort of statement is beyond my comprehension.

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The engineering teams will have targets for certain types of jobs, and communicate with the regional office if they believe a particular job cannot be completed within the target time.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I appreciate that but as I was the first to re[port the cut I not sure where they would actually look but I appreciate I know very little of this side of things. I have installed enough pipe and conduit in my life for services but not actually put cabling in.

But we are back on now so the outage only lasted about half an hour.

20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

im sick to death of being lied to by the people who are supposed to have my best interests in mind

police, solicitors, friends, psychiatrists...the list goes on and on

i always thought it was bad practice for the police to lie, but i guess they see this as an easy way to get an extra mark on the chalkboard

recently my entire life is lived on anxiety attack after the next ( and trust me anxiety attacks suck when they cause autism sensory overload as well ) yet nobody seems to bad an eyelid to lie to me, or fail to do their jobs