1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Xcom 2. Really enjoyed the game, ramped up the difficulty near the end but really enjoyed it, glad its got steamworks to keep adding content, i feel the game did lack a bit of new content but it didnt really depart from the game to much and personally id advise anyone who doesn't own it yet to hold off till their are a few patch's as allot of people reporting issues with it running (i got a few issues with lag towards the end)

Next going back to tomb raider and then Final Fantasy explorers for my nightly chill out game.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The Last Of Us Remastered

WOW, what a game. I bought this game the day I bought my PS4 and never gave it a chance, Now I am gutted I have actually finished the game but happy at the same time. This game is not perfect and at times SO annoying but I would give it a 10/10 in what I think a game should deserve. What is going to replace this game?

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Ryse: Son of Rome

I completed the campaign and I'm both pleased and disappointed. I liked the story, it had a real epic feel to it. But, it was so damn short and over so quickly. There's multiplayer, but it's really shallow.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Urgh. Everyone who has ever played this since PS3 days talks about how great it is, but I don't have time to play it and don't want to buy a PS4 JUST to play one game! If it was a good media player like the PS3 was I would consider it, but they removed that feature >_>

Game I'm currently finishing now: MGSV. More like it's running out of steam than actually finishing it. Last few missions are boring as hell because it's just replaying old ones on harder difficulty which I can't stand.

5. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Just finished Rise Of The Tomb Raider.

I really enjoyed it; better than the previous one and lots of fun was had. I've even gone on to 100% game completion which I mostly enjoyed doing.

Will start it again on the hardest level and just play through the story. Not sure if I will try with only bow & arrow (which I mostly did on the first run through) and stealth takedowns or just go in gun's a blazin' and get through as fast as possible.

6. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Wolfenstein: new order

7. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

And reading between the lines you thought it was thoroughly mediocre? ;)

8. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Pretty much, it was nice while it lasted but i had no warm fuzzy feeling after playing it,

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Witcher 3

Just finished main campaign, 215 hours - boy oh boy, far the best game I've ever played. At least in this genre. Now isntalled Heart of Stone, let's continue the journey! :)

10. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

It's more or less a real place, and is also where Goonies was filmed. It's one of my favorite places to drive through. That part of Oregon & Washington in gorgeous.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcadia_Beach_State_Recreation_Site

11. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

In the last 12 months I have completed Napoleon TW, Shogun TW II, Mass Effect I, II, III, Dishonoured, Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex HR, Divinity Original Sin EE.

Getting through the library at last!

12. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Firewatch 9/10

Only superlatives for this game. It looks stunning, it sounds great, the writing's amazing and the voice acting's by far the best I've ever heard in a videogame. Very convincing delivery. Walking around is very enjoyable and the environment would make a fine walking simulator by itself, but on top of that there's also a great story with lots of humour, tension, mystery and genuinely emotional moments (helped in no small part by the great voice acting).

I didn't encounter any bugs, unlike some other people apparently.
    Personally I don't think the game's too short, but I definitely wouldn't have minded more. I played through the game at a comfortable pace and didn't explore everything and it took me about 5 hours.

[small rant about Steam reviews]
    Quickly scrolling through the reviews on Steam I notice a lot of people complaining how €20 is way too expensive for a 4-5 hour game but I really don't get this logic. Game length is a completely worthless criterion; you wouldn't judge the value of a painting based on the size of its canvas in square centimetres either. Was the enjoyment you got out of the game worth €20? Was the skill and craftsmanship put into making it worth it? For me the answer to both is definitely yes. €20 is the perfect price and to be honest, in retrospect I wouldn't mind having paid €25 or €30.
    I'd rather have a short and powerful 2 hour experience than a watered down, artificially lengthened 15 or 20 hour game.
    [/small rant]

So yeah, a great game, probably one of the best of 2016 for me.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2016
  13. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Dude - well done on making such good progress on the backlog, but aren't you gonna give us some sort of feedback about them? Any standouts/turds etc.?

14. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Okay!

Napoleon Total War
    It was okay, I enjoyed it the same as Empire. It is almost the same game anyway! I prefer the Campaign mode in Shogun.

Shogun Total War II

If you like the total war series and have not tried STWII, grab it. My favourite aside from Rome 1 for sure. Campaign mode is excellent and the combat is lots of fun. Still some nonsensical naval battles, like Napoleon!

Mass Effect Series

I tried to play these half a dozen times. Finally got around to finishing. For me the combat in number 3 was the best, although the story and branching choices were better in number 2. I romanced Ashley/Miranda as a male Shepard.
    The consequences were a bit of a disappointment. I reloaded to see all 4 endings, and was not happy with any of them! The best possible outcomes being Shepard (possibly) surviving the destruction of the reapers, or sacrificing himself to make AI and organics combine, imo.

Not sure if I will continue with the series. I will see what the reviews and bit techans say.

Dishonored

I will admit I am not really a first person shooter or stealth game person, although I will play the really good ones. IIRC this got a 99% from Joe Martin when he worked for Dennis. For me it is closer to 80%. Not a perfect title, but a good one.

I collected all bone charms, runes, ghosted and zero killed my entire run - despite all the extra challenge I regularly got bored with the repetitiveness. Once you got a sense of visual cones you can blink right behind someone, choke hold and blink out with the body in a tiny amount of time.

Most annoying was a bug that prevented me from getting the zero kill tick on one of the last missions, so the achievement never proc'd through steam. Damn you granny rags. :wallbash:

Bioshock Infinite

The story was excellent, I loved the Comstock, DeWitt and Elizabeth story, and the fantastic conclusion. (I did guess half way through, but was not sure). The combat was thrilling at times, although again I got bored as it was repetitive. The gun/vigor combinations were not all they were made out to be in the reviews.

Deus Ex Human Revolution

I preferred this to Dishonored because of the greater RPG elements. The story was gritty, and asked some pertinent ethical questions. I like the variety in approaches, that was excellent. Really looking forward to the sequel. Again I tried a pure no-kill/stealth run, and allegedly somewhere I killed at least one goon. Whatever!!!

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

My pick of this bunch of admittedly very different genre games. The enhanced edition was a big improvement on the original release: having 100% voice acted characters really helped me get into it. The combat is perhaps the best RPG combat I have ever enjoyed, ever. The elemental/environmental axis was lots of fun.

If you like to min/max your characters I recommend playing on the hardest setting, as those who grind quests and monsters will find this gets too easy in the latter stages. I think my last "hard" reloading fight was King Boreas fairly early on.

Cannot wait for the sequel!

___

I've not spent this long on a post for a while :)

15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff :thumb:

16. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I am getting through all of them. I have 45 hours put into the 1st at the moment. Looking forward to 3 :thumb:

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Agreed!
    I tried to play the first one but I just can't stand the combat system. Owing to my (probably unhealthy) obsession with playing things in order, that means I'll never get around to playing W2 or W3 (I only have W1 and W2).

Maybe I'll just watch a playthrough of the first one and skip on to the second - though this is assuming combat is actually fun in W2 and 3.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dying Light: The Following. Big disappointment I felt. To introduce a motor vehicle to a game that had parkour as it's main mechanic was ridiculous. Basically you drove from one side of the map to the other, did something, then drove back. Rinse and repeat over and over again. Just to make things really silly you could not use one hand to drive and the other to shoot, so if you got a bunch of the fast moving zombies on your vehicle you were pretty much dead.

19. IWantAnA2

IWantAnA2 What's a Dremel?

Fallout 4. Honestly, I felt lost after the ending. It felt a lot more linear than previous Fallout games.

20. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Oh really? :(

I'm about 20hrs in and am having a lot of fun, but I can kinda sense what you mean.

Compared to the likes of Skyrim, the random I'm going for a stroll element feels a little hollow.