1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think they've been forced to put more effort into them lately, all the HH stuff I've had that's been released in the past 18 months or so has been spot on pretty much every time, and very clean.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The Blood Angles LR door kit that I picked up was pretty much spot on too, a little flash that needed cleaning but the guy in the shop picked out a couple for me to choose from, there was one that was a lot cleaner but a bit then so I went with the clean up option instead.

Here's a picture of the special frame from the command tanks. so many nice bits on it:

[​IMG]

3. liratheal

Just a heads up.

I've preordered Deathwatch, but after watching the playthrough video literally all I want is the marines! If anyone wants any of the rest (Or all of it), let me know and we'll work something out.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

GOD DAMN IT! I swore I wouldn't pre-order or buy any more set boxes of games (Got Toughest Girls in the Galaxy, Rise of the Kage and Dropfleet Commander and Space Hulk)....

5. liratheal

It doesn't look like it's limited, or did I miss that bit?

6. Almightyrastus

Not as far as I know either.

In other news, twin linked plasma guns....

[​IMG]

(and yes, i got lucky with that barrel drilling...)

7. Almightyrastus

So I decided to have a little rearrange of the paints:

[​IMG]

So far so good. Got a lot to go and certain ones won't be swapped over, washes and dry paints will stay as they are as will the technical line.

8. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Anybody collect Necrons?
    Got a few brand new bits to get rid of before Deathwatch arrive & I'd rather they go to someone here than dealing with muppets on the bay

9. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Was very weak and may have just spent over £250 at forgeworld >_<

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

The 250 quid bracket is plentiful... whatcha get??? :thumb:

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

ftfy

12. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Lol yes gotta say my original order would of been for a new titan, already own a warhound but it needs a friend lol

I ordered

[​IMG]

Baby titan lol

[​IMG]

Want to keep the door so it can be opened so it will need a pilot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Along with the above to do a small forming of the Knights-Errant i've got a grey knights army i keep adding to i love painting i don't do much playing but just loved the looks of the above figures

I like getting a few things and this is my birthday treat to my self lol, off for two weeks over easter so plan to try and get them done then.

Just need to try and get some magnets as i like to magnetize my models where i can, and then my local shop for glue and a top up on primer.

Plan to then do a few more one of troops that will join my Knights-Errant army mainly for my display cabinet

Once it all arrives i'll add photos, also i ordered online because even though the store is a stones throw away i knew id spend allot more if i went in especially knowing i just cleared a credit card that has 7k limit lol

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

thought you chaps might like this:

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

^^ that does look pretty good, better in fact than that abomination of a movie that GW did themselves

15. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Been following the Inquisitor film a long time, feels like forever since they 1st mentioned what they where working on. Just a waiting game now for my stuff to arrive and make sure i have everything i need. Hopefully i can get these built n painted in a few days. Not painted anything in 2-3 years so looking forward to it. i've built a few but never get round to painting >_<

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

That Grey Knight clip is effing awesome.

17. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Yeah it sure does, I love the grey knights as a concept but to play with i get allot of flak lol they are not popular lol.

I'm still not 100% set on what colours to paint the Knight, Everything i have atm is in my Grey Knight theme, i was semi want to avoid that since this little kit is PRE the grey knights and it would be the 20 knights who joined Malcador, Thats my plan hopefully Forgeworld will do more of them id love to get all 20 of the 1st knights

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC in the fluff Grey Knights go to battle in unpainted armour so I'd be tempted to make it look as if your knight had actively removed all traces of legion colours/iconography from his armour. So bare white/grey armour, with maybe hints of a legion colour in the hard to reach areas to hint at their former life... Or having the original legion colour hastily painted over [esp if it's a 'traitor' legion], like how the Deathwing's White armour [supposedly] comes from a Caliban funeral custom involving covering themselves with ash.

That way you have a 'Grey Knight' without it being a gleaming silver [which I was never fond of] M41 Grey Knight.

19. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Yeah i was thinking that as n idea, i originally had my titan like that but i then repainted it as if all colour had been stripped, Thats my idea of some of the troops, have their armour have hints of their former life just realised that their is another forgeworld model that is part of the Knights Garviel Loken but is the Abaddon n Loken kit :(

20. liratheal

Loken does pop up on ebay alone, and complete, sometimes. I've built and painted one but never bought the full Abaddon/Loken diorama.

That said, I am thinking about buying it for Abaddon (Some mods later, and I'll have a third member of my Carcharodon's L-Claw terminator troops choice!). If that happens I'll ping you.