1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress SkyVue

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by slipperyskip, 3 Jan 2016.

1. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

My frustration goes way back Cheaps. You and Bill did an awesome job on that Modder's-Inc. Mini-ITX competition. I loved it. Congrats. I wasn't even considered to be invited even though I was an active member of their forum and had just come off the first ever Mini-ITX mod contest with a first place win. They invited six people who had never built ITX before. Again congrats but you should understand that you did not get to compete against the, I dare say, best and most experienced that day.

2. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Wow.....arrogant much?

Form factor doesnt matter,modding is modding.

3. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

I'd say your reading for comprehension skills are questionable. This conversation is between Cheapskate and myself. If you want to que up for the haters line then it starts here. It is also the kiss my ass line.

4. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Im not a hater,I like your work but if this is your attitude......I would say your whole self value is massively overstated, I wont enter your thread again as you are obviously a bitter person.

Oh,if you are having a private conversation....dont have it in a public forum Buttercup.

5. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

I wouldn't ever make negative comments in anyone's project log no matter what was being said. Let the record show who was the bigger *****. I forgive you.

6. Impeccable Logic

Impeccable Logic What's a Dremel?

I think this project is really good, but I have always liked your mods.

7. uerseya

uerseya Covered in rock wool

Yes = Bioshock = Art Deco - check, knew that all along, check :thumb: it's more the reminiscent look/silhouette of your build that reminds me of the underwater 'scrapers of Rapture and the logo they used/created =

[​IMG]

8. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Thanks! Your logic is impeccable. :)

The skyline in the logo is pretty cool. I was going to call this project Skyline but Ronnie Hara beat me to it. Drats.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Right, B Negative, this isn't the first time you've been involved in a public spat on someones project thread. From now on, just ignore anything you don't like and get on with your own builds. Sound fair enough?

Slipperyskip. This is perhaps one of the most arrogant and butthurt post I think I've ever read on Bit Tech.

I don't know why you weren't invited to this, but how dare you imply that Cheapskates achievement is less valid or impressive because it was some tin pot competition without the best of the best taking part.

10. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

If Cheaps is somehow offended by what you obviously misunderstand then I apologize...to him. I don't give a **** what you think and don't appreciate you polluting my thread with your chest thumping. Ban me or take your little boy and go away.

11. Parge

I'm only here 'polluting' your thread because you reported it.

Your wish is my command.

12. murtoz

murtoz Busy procrastinating

and thus bit-tech dies yet a little further... final death throes?

Hope to see the completed article on http://slipperyskip.com/

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Whilst I don't agree with heavy handed moderation I also don't agree with arrogant and insulting behavior.

OCUK has extremely heavy handed moderation and is one of the busiest forums I have ever been on in my life. The main reason it has stayed so popular is because it's tied to their shop. Most other forums tend to get quieter with age as the subject matter becomes less interesting than it used to be, all "scenes" eventually come to an end.

You can't really blame B-T being quiet on moderators. Even if you didn't have any people would still leave because then you would have a whole load of insulted people with faces like smacked arses quitting left right and center.

Not that I'm condoning that post it actually made me open my mouth in disbelief.

14. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

What? You yourself reported that someone was "trashing my project log" (quote from the email that all moderators receive a post is reported) and then have a go at the moderator who comes, at your request, to try to sort out what's going on? Really?

15. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

What the F just happened? I think there's some misinterpretation and some morning grumpiness going on here.

Obviously, Me deleting a monkey riding a dragon project is a joke.

Mr SlipperySkip's comment about the nvidia Ion contest is valid. Parts of the contest were a clusterfudge. Bill came to Bit to PM several designers because the design submissions were flooded with "put it in a ___", and a lot of sloppy MSPaint of the motherboard pasted on stock photos of random items. At one point several submitters were fighting over who said "put it in a sphere," first. One of the builders even dropped out.
    At the time he was about the only ITX builder out there. Remember; ITX gaming systems were still a dream at that point.

-Now, everybody decaf.

16. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I don't know either to be honest - OP took offence at something you said and reported one of your posts. When good Mr. Parge stepped in to try to calm things down OP had a bit of a go and earned himself a 7 day time out in the process.

17. Parge

OP took offence that someone called this comment arrogant

Then proceeded to throw his toys out of the pram when the user that called it arrogant wasn't chastised and I agreed.

Remember folks attitude>talent.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2016
  18. Supercluster

Supercluster I dream in G-code

I keep telling people- try some tea, you never know, might even like it...

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I find high-grade barbiturates do the trick for me, but to each their own...

20. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Everytime a monolith appears monkeys fight with bones....
    PaaapaaapaaapaaaPAPA!!
    DUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUM

uerseya likes this.