1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Try loading this page with 100 post/page :geek:, FF consumes extra 1G of ram just for that.

2. MadDogg

MadDogg Sofa King Awesome

[​IMG]

Not too bad... especially since I'm only paying for 50Mb/s.

3. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

This made me chuckle and feel demote at the same time...

The escalator one is genius though!

4. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Well, you will be happy to know that these two idiots (the Jalal Brothers) (*it's actually 3 brothers) where arrested a few weeks ago by Australia's Counter Terrorism Police

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

As I was watching I was thinking that they could get in real trouble doing something like that and well there you go. Whatever about all the nonsense with youtube pranksters, "its just a prank bro" doesn't really work when it comes to bomb hoaxes. Some of the videos look like they're completely staged.

6. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Doesn't surprise me at all - in fact I'm surprised they didn't get shot at by police whilst pulling these stunts. So depressing..

7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Isn't every clip in that video staged? Every one of the 'public' reactions is exaggerated and seemingly fake. I don't think they really go round pranking people - they're out to make funny clips, not terrorise people. The prank is on the viewer of the video who might think the scenarios are for real.

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

I can tell you for 100% confident, if you drop one a bag and start running away when you're looking like that in my city, they would have very similar reaction.

Or you didn't realize that video was fast-forwarded?

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

PS: Much epicness to the GIF post, but wow, got some respect to Keanu now.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well, I just destroyed a box fresh Shimano XT rear mech. The question is was it faulty to begin with or did I just mulch the b-tension lever all by myself.

Now excuse me while I go slam my head in a door, put my hands on a hot plate and my feet on upturned plugs....:wallbash:

11. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Several things went through my mind when I first saw this:

• Why does she have to be described as a "beautiful woman"? Why not just "woman"?
    • Why those daft yellow lenses?
    • That's probably not worth the effort, motherboards have really fiddly SMD components, big internal ground planes, and lead-free solder. It's gonna be a bitch to solder/desolder anything, just RMA the board and be done with it. Or buy a new one, it looks like a pretty old socket.
    • There's no components where she's got that iron, she's just trying to burn soldermask and FR4 there.
    • That looks like a cheap-ass iron, she should really be using a temp-controlled soldering station - or preferably a hot-air rework station for the SMD parts

It took me a long while to notice the fact that, had it been plugged in, she wouldn't have been able to hold the soldering iron like that long enough to have her photo taken.

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Also whys there a fume cupboard and no anti stat protection? If she is soldering wheres the solder?

14. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

I was hoping to get in with the lack of anti static. No flux or sucker/braid if she is planning on de-soldering either.

I'm a little surprised they didn't clean the dust off around the socket either tbh...

I do wonder if just off camera the lab staff are sniggering to themselves

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ninjad that one sorry, an yeah dust is fine its not dangerous, also whys the battery been left in?

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...o/news-story/41f594c84de0f3802a57b442654a7657

17. theshadow2001

Admittedly I thought some of them might be real. But if they are all staged then why is this even a thing?

18. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Whether is fake or not - it still demotes me for the same reasons!

19. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

The demote is how anybody can watch that bag-dropping video and think they were all genuine members of the public. Look at the clip with the shop, where they all come running out flapping their arms with comedic exaggeration.

Because some people are gullible, and because some others like watching silliness. Between the two groups of people, the videos get shared and the brothers get ad revenue.

I would advise anybody to always consider the chance that anything on the internet, particularly things shared on social media, is fake and wait for sound evidence that it isn't.

20. theshadow2001

I was thinking more along the lines that from the article posted they admitted it was fake but they seem to still be in trouble with police / courts.