1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Supporting people who have never worked and will never work, who have children that will fall into that same pattern is the price that has to be paid in order to make that facility open to everyone.

Not supporting these people would probably be a greater detriment to society. Forcing these people into jobs requires either a totalitarian government or businesses exploiting people or a charade like what I've been told communism is like. None of which are a more appealing option.

I believe there are financial sanctions here against people that refuse job interviews as well. It's possible that may act as a sufficient stick to get them into the work force. It's possible it doesn't . Someone has probably researched it.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Moreover not supporting people leads to abject poverty and that always comes back to haunt you in the end, as desperate people do desperate things. The price of the better off not having to live in secure gated fortresses is for everybody to have some standard of living.

On a global scale we see that with the refugee crisis, with piracy etc.

3. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Vote: Leave

The Brussels Buisiness (2012)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4C5SgeVK-Q

I watched this some time back, well worth a watch if you like to know who makes decisions for you, does not listen to you and takes your money in return. They have more to lose than we do, Don't let them scare you.

I never had a say on Lisbon, Thank you Mr B(liar).
    I will be voting to leave and will be working harder to contribute to the UK's road ahead, It may be rocky (or may not be) but at least I and others will have a voice via politicians that can be held accountable, controlled or kicked out.

Hopefully other European nations under the EU grip will come to see everything that is wrong about the EU.
    One thing everyone must remember is that the citizens of the countries that make up the EU are not to blame here, Everyone has been hoodwinked.
    We must make sure that the blame falls squarely on the politicians who are responsible for the mess and if the corporations who pulled the strings suffer as a result, Well, that's just business my friends. :thumb:

This is interesting:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAq1q1_swyM

Last edited: 13 Mar 2016
  4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Yes but due to the unique relationship with the south we could have a bit of wrangling. Already companies are setting up businesses North and south for tax purposes. Our relationship also extends to the south benefiting from the spending power of the NHS while the NHS can get operations done quicker. All speculation but there is no reason why certain unique relationships and deals won't continue or even be established.

If things do become unbearable or go to pot we can just get a united Ireland. In my eyes, I've nothing to loose voting out.

6. theshadow2001

Yeah fair enough. Many businesses are establishing a hub to Europe in Ireland. It's possible the north could end up as a hub to Britain if you vote out.

7. theshadow2001

8. Nexxo

I'd love to see Ireland thrive economically. It would make it a good place to retire. It's a lovely place and the house prices are still reasonable.

9. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I feel like there's a general trend towards the far right throughout the western world ever since the banking crisis. It only seems to have gotten worse with the bombings and refugees. Sad to see people take their frustration out on each other for the crimes and errors of their governments.

10. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Completely agree with you on that one.
    It boils my piss to see the REAL culprits walk among us unscathed and pockets lined with our money.
    Everybody is polarized on the political ideals of the left/right (don't even bring religion into it), shaking the sticks at each other trying to cast blame on each others ideology for the mess were in.
    All the time were having our livelihoods, jobs, liberties, social functionality and public infrastructure eroded or removed.

For us, It's a grade 'A' f*cking tragedy in social engineering.
    For them, It's a well planned power grab that has over time, been enacted behind closed doors without a shot being fired. It is a however a plan that has yet to be completed.

Interesting times ahead, That's for sure.

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

not just Germany -france are lurching that way as well , as is the UK

12. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

You do realise there was a coalition of European countries who engaged armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as the British and American forces? Just want to be clear on that specific point. The US may have been the instigators but there were quite a few governments willing to show and offer support and also to put boots on the ground for the wars. I think it's an important factor if we are apportioning blame on the Middle East crisis.

On the original topic, I think that the refugee crisis is tearing apart the EU and could potentially sound the death knell on the freedom of movement within the Union.I can't wait to have my vote and I'll be voting to leave.

13. theshadow2001

The current economy seems heavily dependent on hosting foreign, mainly US technology and manufacturing companies. Fine in the medium term, I'm uncertain if its long term sustainable though. Really we need to transition to developers of these technologies rather than builders and maintainers. It probably won't happen with such a small population though.

I was just discussing what happened to Merkel today, it seems its what happens when people in power don't listen to the electorate.

Fair enough, but according to Wikipedia the sum total of all troops sent over by all other participating countries (European and non-european) doesn't even come to half of what the UK sent over and the UK was about quarter of what the US sent over. The US and the UK are the primary reasons anyone else was there. It seems most country's contributions were lip service. (Iceland sent 2 troops over for some reason)

14. StingLikeABee

It wouldn't matter how many troops a country sent, if they commit to supporting and engaging as a part of a coalition then they are complicit in any act committed by any representative of said coalition.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2016
  15. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

or they actually are listening to those who want to vote for them - and voila the right are getting more power

16. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Who are the right people?

17. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Definitely not the last two

18. StingLikeABee

19. Nexxo

It was the US and UK who decided to ignore UN resolutions and go for it. If they had not gone ahead it is unlikely that other countries would have followed.

Interestingly nobody seems to complain about the waste of money that little endeavour was.

20. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

No as in the last two prime Ministers.