1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I think they staged a driveby shooting and were arrested for firearms offences. I can't be bothered to research them any deeper to find out what happened but I suspect there was not much in it but they're happy to get the publicity.

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Shutterstock seem to have noticed and removed the picture (at least it doesn't show up under the shown number) :D

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

To be fair the bread and butter of stock photography is lazy somewhat clichéd images of a very broad range of subjects that illustrate something very specific without any real depth or expertise.

It took me about 10 seconds to find this counter point to any to in-depth social reading of the image:

[​IMG]
    http://previews.123rf.com/images/wavebreakmediamicro/wavebreakmediamicro1402/wavebreakmediamicro140208693/26741768-Handsome-cheerful-computer-engineer-repairing-open-computer-in-bright-office-Stock-Photo.jpg

Careful with those rusty pliers on the sound card my handsome-cheerful-computer-engineer friend. Also maybe be a little wary of the caps in that open PSU :lol:

4. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Also this classic: :D
    [​IMG]

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Because we all have open PSU with a lightbulb in it.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I don't even...

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

But hey, it's still not the bottom :
    [​IMG]

8. wolfticket

It's like shooting fish in a barrel to be honest.
    Just Google image search "stock photo" <any activity or subject you have some knowledge of> and you'll almost always find something ridiculous on the first page or so.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

WHY have I just had to spend 5hrs+ uninstalling Autodesk Product Suite from my PC?

WHY do I have to uninstall EACH and EVERY application individually, and in the CORRECT order?

There was only ONE button to install ALL this cr*p!

Dear Autodesk - WHISKEY! TANGO! FOXTROT! :grr:

Last edited: 14 Mar 2016
  10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

If you think that's bad... try *simply* uninstalling Visual Studio... or even iTunes [where the various things have to be uninstalled in the right order because Apple...]

I installed all this **** in one go, why can't I uninstall it in one go...

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Boot into a windows RT Pendrive and just lob "Format C: /F" into command prompt. Job done! Everything is uninstalled!

But seriously, I remember a while back I had an old Packard Bell machine which came kindly preinstalled with Norton! In the height of Norton's awful performance hogging glory! This was the version you had to download a seperate tool from Norton themselves to actually uninstall the bleeding thing too, as there was no way to uninstall it without said tool.

12. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

wow. i dont even know where to begin.

the PSU plugged to the back panel or the guy trying to cut the main line instead of disconnecting it (ps: it's already disconnected to begin with).

and that ****in lightbulb.

LIGHT BULB.:wallbash:

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i just had an argument with a feminist over the new ghostbusters film

she thinks i hate it becasuse of the female cast, i dont... i have no problem with a female cast. i have problems with everything except the gender of the cast. my main gripe is its just going to be another franchise killer. Trying to remake a cult classic movie NEVER WORKS. Robocop tried, and it just fell utterly flat on its face, almost every REMAKE of recent times has been a total flop...

i mean just comparing the 'Slime' scene from the trailer
    in the original, we never see the slime happen, the audience is left wondering what actually happened ( the cartoon went some way to address this in that Slimer gets slime all over everything it touches and repeatedly hugs Peter). in the trailer we get... a vomit joke, they literally resort to toilet humour in the opening of a trailer.
    the reaction to getting 'Slimed'
    original ''I feel so funky'' ''GREAT SAVE ME A SAMPLE'' its just comedy that writes itself with Ray being so disinterested in how Peter is doing to the way peter is just lying around on the floor. Sequel gets, more toilet humor talking about how it gets into 'every crack' Even if a guy said that it would be un-funny, as the image it puts into everyone's mind is trying to clean slime out of people's butt crack ( Woo ? ).
    even the damned car looks terrible
    [​IMG]
    The original, classic lines. every choice that is made looks right, a single row of police lights and science 'stuff' all over the back ( in the cartoon the reason that they picked a hearse was the large amount of room and ''Rack'' to put all the heavy gear on )

[​IMG]
    the 'New' car. UGH
    the basic lines are there, however WTF is with the large ass light ?? its not a police light used to help traffic to GTFO the way. and it looks WAY to big for what it should be, then we have the ladder ( that looks like a pool ladder ) WHY would you need a ladder ? and why on earth should the first rung of the ladder be THAT high off the ground ??. And why was it chosen ''its my uncles car and ''its a Cadillac'' ( yay for being a caddy ? )

This movie is going to be a flop in so many ways... and its not (just) the Female cast.
    the only 'good' thing that might happen because of this move is that Hollywood might stop ruining franchises by giving them a re-boot that they dont need ( crosses fingers )

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Wasn't the original car an ambulance, not a hearse?

With a ladder on:

[​IMG]

I have to agree on the rest though, the trailer really does make it look terrible. I am seriously hoping that it was just a badly cut trailer and not the "Bridesmaids does Ghostbusters" that I am fearing.

15. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

but that ladder looks like you can climb up it, just compare the images side by side and look how high the first rung of the ladder is off the ground ( the modern one has its bottom rung level with the door handles) , and it most definitely a hearse as when it first pulls into the Ghostbusters Fire-house its black and has curtains XD
    [​IMG]

16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

T'internet (which is never wrong, ever) says it was a combo ambulance hearse :p

It was also a Cadillac.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

It was a 1959 Meteor-Miller ambulance conversion or 'combination car'.

Meh, doesn't really matter one way or the other, it looked sooooooo much nicer than the brick on wheels that they're using for the rehash and, like you said, that light... would serve a better role on the coast...

I will see the new one at some point (won't be at the cinema unless I can rustle up a good disguise...) and I will be going into it with as open a mind as I can manage.

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

I dunno... I'm quite entertained with the trailer. I might actually enjoy it.

19. wolfticket

If there is ever a remake of (or belated sequel to) a film I have genuine affection for, I basically pretend it doesn't exist and try to avoid actively finding out about it until it is out.

Then once it's out I have a quick look at the reviews: If it's bad I will continue to pretend it doesn't exist and never see it. If it's good I'll try to watch it with an open mind.

20. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder