1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Hitman Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by JakeTucker, 14 Mar 2016.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

First page, third paragraph from last: "2016's Hitman is a much denser game than you might have seen before"

3. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Final para, "but it's own admission" -> "by".

Also, nice review.....PC version is getting slated on Steam reviews though... problems with the requirement to be always-online, no local save files, connectivity issues etc. Shame, I'd have bought it, if not for that.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Do not get the issue with perm online it's a much better requirement than crappy offline secure rom or its ilk.

Division has connectivety issues do not see people complaining.

I paid £6 for this and have enjoyed it will I buy the next city maybe not but for £6 I can't complain.

5. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

While the review is positive about the episodic nature of the game I just can't see it working. There is a very good reason that TV shows need an extreme event at the end of a season as a 'hook' to get people to come back next season and I don't think this game (or any) will be able to be that exciting or different that once you have played the game and got a general feel for it, put it down for a significant period of time and then go back to it.
    I know people play games they complete but the difference there is that they own the game and it doesn't cost anything to go back to it... this is the exact opposite, it's like being forced to take a break and being charged for doing so.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Then you can't yet have experienced the problem with it yet, if you loose connection to their servers for even just a few seconds, you get booted from the game back to the main menu. It's DAMN annoying and can happen multiple times a session. The 'off-line' game you then have an option to start afresh is a completely different save so all your progress is meaningless.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

I have yet to experience that problem, But do play late at night and outside of prime hours so less players on servers maybe the results of that.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Always online DRM for a single player game is always wrong, and not just for the reasons DeckerdBR pointed out (which in itself is enough to not do it). Some people like myself occasionally have to travel due to work and like to be able to play games on the move. I can't guarantee that I'll always have internet access and so can't play the game!

9. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Indeed. Again, let us not forget that we few on these forums who pay through the nose for top-notch fibre connections, or upgrade our ISP-provided routers for faster, better third-party alternatives are just that - the few. MOST people get what they're given and wouldn't know otherwise. And when their router blips for just a second, when their wifi drops because it's just a lousy router, or when contention ratios are so high in their area that their connection is squished down to near nothing, these things will ALL cause a problem staying in-game; for a single player experience, IMO, that's unacceptable.

10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

And you know what's tragic, Hitman is actually very cool. Not a fan of this episodic release plan but I have played the Paris mission for 15 hours now, working on all sorts of different assassination opportunities. It's look stunning and runs really well on the recent game ready drivers.

But all that serves to actually make it more disappointing that Sqeenix chose to infect Hitman with an always connected DRM solution. It spoils what would otherwise have easily seen considered 'Blood Money 2' and a return to form for the series.

Tags: Add Tags