1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Female to Female fan lead.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spanky, 17 Mar 2016.

1. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Guys.

Im trying to find a female to female PWM 4 pin cable and I cannot seem to find one. I need it for a multi PWM header but dont have any way to connect to the motherboard ... as both male connections.

Any ideas please??

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

If you get stuck you could buy two female to male cables, send them to me and I'll cut, solder splice them together, heatshrink and then sleeve the resulting cable with paracord for you. (only have black or purple paracord at the moment, I may, just may have some blue though)

Just cover the postage

PocketDemon likes this.
  3. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

4. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Cheers Crapbag :thumb:. Very good of you to offer. But Moddiy.com has sorted it for a decent price.

Happy days.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

$9.95 delivery charge on top mind.

6. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

Yeah, without rubbishing CrapBag's kind offer to you, tbh it would be much the same cost to buy a complete 4 pin PWM fan splitter in the UK - & obviously a bit quicker on the delivery front than from Hong Kong.

Without stating that this is the best price currently for the thing, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phobya-PWM-8-x-4Pin-Fan-Splitter-/231850805590 is what i use, & had no issues with the seller ordering a couple of times from them.

Along with the splitter itself, you also get a female molex + 4pin (2pin electrical) female fan -to- 4 pin female fan cable - which ensures that you're not attempting to pull too much power from the on board fan header.

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I'm not really an electronics guy, but circuit wise, would a 2 way splitter cable with the two female "outputs" used and the male input left empty work at a push?*

*may destroy your computer, burn house down, kill beloved pet etc. :)