1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Fresh Tech Solutions Ultimate Collection 6700K Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 22 Mar 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Perhaps it's an optical illusion but to me that graphics card looks like it's sagging REALLY badly...

3. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Bad timings for sure, but the Fresh Tech Solutions website is down with an ugly (Like 2001 ugly) error with another error (403) while trying to handle the first error.

Are Fresh Tech totally legit? Can I ask if they paid for this review or offered any kickbacks (Such as being able to keep the reviewed hardware)

Edit: I'm wary of this company, not just because their website is down, but because they are happy to talk about AMD gaming PCs with integrated or very basic GPUs offering 'uncompromised performance' and that the 'PC can cope with demanding gaming'.

This is wording they use on a lot of their sales and is very obviously there to increase sales even if it's not strictly accurate. I'd prefer to see a bit more integrity used when they market their systems.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2016
  4. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

What do you mean by totally legit? Are they a real brick and mortar company who build the PCs they advertise? Yes, we went to visit them, which is how we got the info for the introduction. They are pretty well established in the markets they serve, but less so in the higher end.

They didn't pay for the review and haven't offered any kickbacks, no. We do still have the review PC but as soon as it's needed back it'll go. We're salaried writers, we don't work for freebies.

It's good to be wary. And I agree, that marketing language seems bloated to say the least. The fact that it doesn't necessarily stand up to scrutiny from enthusiasts may mean they need a different approach for that market but that's on them - I'm only here to review the specific system I'm given :)

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah the mass of "Colors it make your world more colorful" cases kinda give it away :p

Good to see another company though. :)

Tags: Add Tags