1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Anyone else addicted to Factorio? It's currently the highest rated game on steam, and for a reason.

You assume the role of a pioneer of space population. Your job is to rape the ressources and pollute the ground build a shining factory and eventually build rockets so your people can follow you. The natives don't especially like you doing so and will try to slaughter you. It's just like Avatar really.

The game is... insanely addicting. Every step of your industry can be automated: Harvesting ressources, producing different goods, defenses. What's really nice compared to similar games is that there is no economic bottom line to keep. Structures can be taken away and rebuild in a more efficient way somewhere else. Optimising and over-engineering your factory is the gole, not making some investors rich.

2. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

I lost allot of hours to this game, i started it like 5pm the other day and went to get a drink and it was 2am and id just lost hours to setting up a railway and getting things between bases lol.

3. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Yeah, it's insane. Yesterday at 2pm I was like: I'm just going to set up green science - and maybe get started on the oil processing, get plastic and battery production going and then it was 11pm.

It's even worse than Stardew Valley.

Oh and how the eff do you get enough oil to get a steady flow of oil based products? My blue science production is not steady.

4. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

i have allot of pumps on oil sources about 10 locations all going to a off sore base, hence the train, my blue production isnt the best, keep looking online for different ideas, starting to have to find a new source of iron soon lol

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

COD Modern Warfare 3 followed by COD Black Ops 3.

6. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Stardew Valley and Salt, both easy enough to jump into and waste some time.

7. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Supreme Commander campaign mode. Unit limit reached?

8. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

hopefully when im off work wednesday ill get to dig into rainbow 6 seige, been installed for about a week and i have only launched it to set the video settings.

Damb you starcraft hy you so addicting

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

CoD Black Ops 3 is not playing nice on my rig. A bit of tweaking in order methinks.

10. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

I bought myself a Logitech G29 steering wheel and pedals at the weekend so been playing quite a bit of Assetto Corsa getting used to it. First wheel I've ever owned and it changes the game immeasurably. The wife thinks I've stooped to new levels of gaming geek!

11. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Been looking to get a good wheel for a while now but not many in my country to choose from, other than crap ones. You'd recommend the G29 ?

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Currently installing Ryse because it’s the only damn game that provides a medieval first person experience of a solder, Can’t wait to beat the story with a 360 controller.

Roll on For Honor!

13. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

I don't have a point of reference as it's my first wheel but I like it. The pedals are of good quality and the wheel is nicely put together.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Having difficulty finding anything to like about CoD Black Ops 3 pretty much same old same old with a few ideas pinched from other games.

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Hyper Light Drifter

A fantastic Indie game that came out recently. It's a fantastic indie game with pixel graphics. Even the cutscenes are in amazingly well crafted pixel graphics too. It's like a mix between Secret of Mana and Dark Souls. It's a fun action RPG, but it's pretty punishing in places.

16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's absolute arseypants. The only redeeming feature it has is co op, where you can ignore the stupid, vacuous story and just get down to some good 'a rootin' tootin' shooting.

17. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've got my niece staying with me at the moment, so we've been playing Helldivers and Borderlands 2 on the PS4 for the past week. Having a great time on Helldivers, it's not too difficult to make it stressful and just manic enough for it to make you yell commands at each other.
    We also had a go at Knack but decided it was the dullest thing we've ever experienced... glad it was on sale for just over £5. Even playing Pool is more exciting than that game.

I also jumped back into Space Engineers on the PC over the weekend as I've not played it for over half a year and it's had quite a few updates since. Always a great game to relax with as it's not too grindy but has you having to seek out the resources for building your ships/stations.
    They still need to do major work on their net code as multiplayer is quite unstable, but as a single player game it's good fun.

18. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

woohoo new starcraft maps

19. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

meh they was awright. Back to rainbow six

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Finally got round to playing Gunpoint at the weekend, which I actually really enjoyed, will definitely be replaying some of it trying to improve and find anything I missed, as well as checking out custom stuff on the steam workshop.

Reinstalled Shank 1 and 2, realising I hadn't actually finished the single player in Shank 1, so going to give that a go and then play through some of the Shank 2 as well.

In general I've realised it's time I actually try to play through some of the games I own, especially some of the smaller ones I got in bundles etc that have just been left by the wayside!

Last edited: 12 Apr 2016