1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

There's a cafe in Glastonbury that has been closed for the past 2 days whilst they 'change the menu to 100% vegan' and 'install a full-spectrum EMF defense system which protects diners from pulsed radiation from mobiles , WiFi, wireless gadgets and EMFs'...

It appears that the standard issue special-snowflake tin foil hats are no longer sufficient...

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'm a Somerset man and know Glastonbury well. I think there are more loons in Glastonbury than the whole of the rest of Somerset put together.

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Please, oh please, tell me this is a joke...
    Activision-Blizzard: Please Remove Guns From Your Game "Overwatch.
    Thanks to brave community organizers, Jeff Kaplan and Blizzard has finally done the right thing and removed a horribly sexist and offensive "victory pose" from a she-character known as "The Tracer."

While this is a good start, we in the gaming community still have many concerns about the upcoming Overwatch game, including the use of guns to violently kill other players, sometimes even going as far as shooting each other in the head.

We, the gaming community, would like to put a stop to this brutality. Please sign this petition if you agree. If we can cleanse Overwatch of all of it's problematic guns and sexuality, we will finally have a first person shooter that we can play with our entire family.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oh hell yes, I have spent many weekends there, love the place (had our handfasting there) but the crazies.... oh gods the crazies.

There was another cafe that was taken over by new owners and they put a sticker on the door advertising free wifi for customers. There were people actively protesting outside, claiming that the new wifi system was giving them severe headaches, they were told in no uncertain terms to stop thinking that they were so special as it had not been turned on yet...

Last edited: 6 Apr 2016
  5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sounds like it won't be long until they install the 100% Organic, GM free "For Sale" sign!:eyebrow:

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

So... An FPS without, y'know, S? :duh:

7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  8. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

:duh:

You don't realise that this is actually a JOKE / Annoyed petition to slap at Blizzard and their pussyfooting due to their removal of "an overly sexual pose" of a character due to a previous petition.

The original pose:
    [​IMG]

The new pose (and its inspiration):
    [​IMG]

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'd like to laugh at this, I really would. I would like to marvel at how daft these people must be for not grasping the fact that there is no credible scientific evidence of any harm caused by WiFi, mobile phone, etc, signals. I would very much like to be self-satisfied, dismissive and smug about this kind of thing.

These days however this sort of thing just makes me sad.

10. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Like that'll really protect them from my Nokia 7110.
    It's so baller its even got an IR transmitter next to the aerial.

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

12. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

:duh:

I know it's a joke and I know the story behind it (this is the DEMOTE thread, after all), but I wonder whether the 14000+ people who signed the petition actually realise that? :rolleyes:

13. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

'First Person Shooter that we can play with our entire family' Offended by a sexy character but totally OK with guns & killing simulation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

FTFY

15. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

This is some impressively clever work by Blizzard. I'm amazed they've managed to find the perfect solution for this whole "controversy".
    From what I've seen it looks like every side of this debate thinks they've "won":
    - People who didn't like the first pose for being boring and out of character are happy because the new one is more playful and dynamic.
    - It's clear that Blizzard didn't "cave to the SJW agenda" and "censored their artwork" because the new pose is still sexy.
    - People who like butt still get butt. :p

I'm surprised the pose thing became such a big deal in the first place but I think no one will disagree this pose is a massive improvement over the generic previous one. Hats off to Blizzard.

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I think you are forgetting that big country on the other side of the Atlantic.

17. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

18. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

You're right, but I think that the vast majority of the 14k signatures on the petition are SJWs who are taking the whole thing far too seriously. It's a video game FFS - it's supposed to be fun. I'm beginning to think that the Watch Paint Dry game would be too violent/sexist/racist/vegetablist/whateverist for the SJWs...:sigh:

19. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Ultimately these people will burn themselves out. More and more people are becoming aware of just how mental most of them are, so eventually the cruel light of day will dawn upon them, and they'll be forced to look around at the mess they've made and figure it out.

I expect to see some frankly amazing mental gymnastics occur when that day does come, so I'll be ready with the popcorn!

20. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018