1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermaltake POD II, The Stronghold (Thermaltake UK Modding Trophy powered by SCAN) FINISHED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 8 Feb 2016.

1. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

OMG this is too good :wallbash:

2. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Color scheme looks amazing!! :jawdrop: Can't wait to see it all together! :rock:

3. jones-965

jones-965 Modding & tuning

Dear friend. This is again a fantastic job. As always. [​IMG]

4. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

hey jonesy, thanks. how are you doing brother. hope to see you at the dcmm again.

hi guys, here a few more build up pics. this time with the right fans, TT Rling 120cm reds
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

i then had the diea to use the left iovers of the stud to deck the display buttins, they just fit perfectly and match the theme and overall design elements in chrome.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

there were still some left so i decked the slot screws with them too, i like the look. here they are clip on and can be removed for unscrewing the cards
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

still a lot missing but here some impression in LD
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. abbas-it

hi guys, so here are a few more pics of the build up.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. abbas-it

here is a small update. i am wiring it up now.

i experimented a bit with the coolant and added printer ink drops till it had the same red bordeau color i wanted just like the metalic red. now it looks better. printer ink is good to metal alloys too otherwise it would ruin our printer cartridges, apart from that algie resistent too so it was a good idea.
    its been standing for 2 days now and the color is persistently my required color so it was an experiment that worked out well.
    here the results.

the original color would have been a total misfit
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

here is the first test against the light and red metalic
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

and this is the final result, am very satiffied now that it has a more fitting tone to it:)
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

7. F3nixMods

F3nixMods What's a Dremel?

Looking insane

8. abbas-it

thanks mate, its slowly getting there.
    unfortunately the mainboard seems tio be dead on arrival.
    have rang the panic bells and a new one os on the way. other wise the water is colored and filled and the grafik card wires now also ahve a cover which i made today. all i need is the main board and then i will post the first edition of last fotos, first edition just in case i dont have any new ideas, which i doubt.
    the maroon, blood red liquid is now exactly right.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    first led complete test, with effect controller.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

then i realised that the mainboard was DOA, here i tested it with a differnet psu, no life signs at all. the processor is ok, tested it in a differnet board. but a new board is on the way.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

am waiting anyway, so i made a cover for the vga power cables of the grafik card. is just stuck on or off at will, fit and clips itself on the width of the card.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

9. abbas-it

SO Hello everyone, I am never really finished with a project, but I would like to dare saying that for the time being, I am finished with the following project.
    A big thank you goes out to Scan, Bit-Tech and Thermaltake, as well as all those involved in getting
    this first UK trophy up and running. Thank you for including me and giving me the chance to compete against those 4 top guns here.

PODII, THE STRONGHOLD, yes thats the name of this case which should portray strenght and stability.
    lets put it this way, you could drive around with it in the boot at a 100 miles an hour and this baby wont budge ot tilt or give in to the centrifugal forces. it stands like a cliff against the tides. very sturdy steadfast and rock steady. you cannot just knock it over.
    I wanted it to be broad shouldered, bulgy and bulky and decided to build it more in the breadth than hight.
    After sliceing the case diagonally down the middle, I set the bottom half into the POD (which actually means power on demand for me) and built the whole extra caseing around it. I used certain parts of the corex31 case too for the radiator fittings, hdd holder and panels etc..

I decided pretty quickly to modify the case unconventionally and stack the two 240er radiators in the case with heads up jutting out like two bumpers with fans and air intkes in the front.
    by the way the whole case is of course built so that each and every par can be detached, fixed, rebuilt or simply unmounted for maintenance etc..

After recieving the Thermaltake chrome parts I decided that chrome was to be omni present every where. The card screws and display knobs are all covered with chrome parts left over from the jean buckle chrome tops which i used togatehr with the modified gardene fittings and chrome pipes for the overall deco set off.
    I decided to go with matt black and set it off with the shiny reddish dark crimsony type red metalic like on the maninboard and SSD. that made me tinker araound with inking up the ptherwise very poppy red TT coolant to get the same tone for the water, as can be seen in the reservoirs which are placed on both sides like gatlin guns slung low.
    One thiong was quite certain from the start, that I was going to make the pipes look a little more bulky and strong looking by covering them with this spring spiral tubes form teh local garden warehouse.

Seeing as i dont use automation and have to make each and every part in painss taking hand work, it was as usual hard getting both side equally symetrically precise. but I like proving that its possible.
    Most of the red plates hide inirect leds underneath. I only took red ones and they have an effect module which can control three channels and make em blink, fade, flash and flicker to music as well as in certain preset effects too.

Thanks to Thermaltake for sending me extra tubes because i really had more than usual here, i needed 3 packets of flexi tubing to get both loos curled around the case in and out and working the was i want.

The rear hatch hold two fans just like the side fans too. the side fans have been mounted in a way i have never seen done before. they are not screwed in, they are just slotted in and click into place diagonally. Hence, they can be slid out and cleaned or replaced too at will by unscrewing 2 screws to take the fan covers off.
    The rear hatch is magnetically clicked on and has plates with leds as well as 2 hanlde grips to hold it.

Up left on the perch is an HD webcam wich can be pitched and yawed to the required angle at will.

I even slid in a Thermaltake HDD and USB 3.0 quickdocker into the lower left side for quickly accessing temporaray data. The Hyperbeast SSD in placed at the left of the mainboard.

I made the fan holders at the side in such a way that when looking at it while standing in front of it, they look like stern eye brows frowning at you.
    I integrated the switch and usb and audio panel in the front and the whole front can be unscrewed to open and fix if needed. The front should look a little like a fast car front.

All in all, that was just about it, Of course I could go on and on describing how I did what, but now will let some preliminary final pictures tell the tale. Just for the record, its the POD II with an own name called THE STRONGHOLD because I also made a POD 1 which can be seen here too.
    The first POD was a totally different design and compared to this one a real tiny one. but it had power too. This one casta shadow over it as far as size is concerned though.

A demonstration video will follow soon.

I hope you all like it.

PODII, THE STRONGHOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Apr 2016
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Amazing !

11. arduum

arduum Minimodder

[​IMG]
    it's amazing!:jawdrop::rock::thumb:

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

^ :lol:
    Awesome. If Rob Halford did a product line of computer cases, this would be the flagship.

13. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Amazing work, again!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

But then it would need a lot more leather, and a lot more gay. :D

14. abbas-it

thanks bart, a video will follow soon. i am thinking of painting the chrome ringlets black where they are against black and red against the red blackground. they are a bit dominant.

15. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Looks great Abbas, grats on completion im half way there lol

16. abbas-it

thanks guys, i will make an explanation video on the weekend.

17. abbas-it

hi guys, here is a well quite shitty little video.
    one thing is for sure, i will not ever get a job in a film studio.:wallbash

18. abbas-it

Hi guys, once again a project is completed, while I am simultaneously working on another.

Thanks you Bit-tech, Thermaltake, Scan, Asus, Kingston and all those who are involved in getting theis first UK trophy event on its feet. It was an honor modding with my four brothers
    Maki-role
    F3nixMods
    HackJoe
    mega-deblow

I wish you guys all the best of luck.

forget my shitty lil video, i really tried my best to make it as crappy as possible, i managed i think.
    :rolleyes: here are some better pics, even though not against a white background, they seem to look better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Thanks Ali and same to you mate!
    I'm going to watch your shitty vid now :D
    will drop you a comment on the Tube then get working on my own shitty vid.

20. abbas-it

:rock:lets see who can make the worst video, haha I win....:thumb: