1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Oculus VR apologises over two-month schedule slip

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Apr 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

Bumped mine from March to a 16-26 May window. Not impressed, if I had known what I know now I would have ordered a Vive instead. Problem is, if I switch now i'll be at the back of the vive queue.

I'm sure Oculus are aware of that which is why they have been so quiet on the issue at the start, I can't believe they didn't know it would slip this far months back.

3. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

On top of that, there official support forum has never had any information given to us. Most information seems to come via Reddit or other 3rd party's. Oculus has so far shown to be a terrible company as far as customer service goes.

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Sorry but I could see this coming a mile off back in February, when the pre order went live.

It's why I decided to wait until they're available from the usual suppliers in the UK, which I've always thought would be the autumn. Have you guys even thought about the hassle involved in returning one of these stateside if it goes wrong?

Summers coming up ffs, go outside and experience proper reality while you can in the UK :)

5. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Which came first? Oculus or Vive?

Or to put it another way... Whichever comes first I will cancel the pre-order for the other.

To put it another way... I have both on pre-order.

Until then I have Octopus DK2 providing excellent VR.

Could it really be microsoft supply? Or that theory that Palmey saw something wrong when he delivered that CV1 to the Alaskan geek?

We will never know because he seems to be quite secretive now. I personally woulda been really impressed if he'd told the world he found something amis when he delivered that CV1 to the nerd...

"Shortage of parts" when people expect massive quantities of Rifts in warehouses waiting to ship... doesn't wash. Even if you did wash it the story would still smell fishy.

6. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

"Have you guys even thought about the hassle involved in returning one of these stateside if it goes wrong?" <<< Nope. But I did wonder about the hassle of the aircraft I was in dropping out of the sky.

Long before Oculus Rift ever existed I bought an IO Systems PC3d used on eBay from a seller in the US. It arrived with no packing... just loose in the cardboard box with the PSU... needless to say it was broken and I am 100% sure it was broken before it was sent. It cost me £200. I sent it back to the US to the manufacturer and they repaired it for a reasonable fee.

Sending back a faulty HMD is absolutely no problem for someone who has sent parcels to many different countries.

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

You're probably going to be waiting a long time. The only way to buy a Rift at the moment is:
    - Direct sales from Oculus
    - If you live in the US, eventually there will be limited stock in-stores, but ONLY when purchased with a PC. And that stock will probably have to wait until online orders are fulfilled anyway.
    There are no UK resellers, and nor have any been announced. Game did their usual we'll-totally-take-pre-orders-even-though-we-haven't-got-**** thing, but that's as meaningless as every other time they've done it.

Likewise, the only way to get a Vive at the moment is direct sales from HTC.