1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Impressive deduction there, given the failures happened to people running the yellow soft tyre, and Williams have already hinted at a wheel issue rather than a tyre problem. :lol:

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Wheel problem for Williams, suspension failure for Renault...

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

The wheel problem allegedly was something to do with the rim running to close to the body/floor. Most cars run very tight if not on with the idea the material on the floor near the tyre is sacrificial so as the tyre spins up and forms its loaded shape it will wear away a small portion of the material around the wheel cutout.
    Can only assume something on the backend, rim, driveshafts etc are slightly different so some how interfered with the cutout causing the tyre failure. Theres no real further detail

Haas had some interesting ways to maintain tyre tempreture

[​IMG]

Interesting Alonso of all people posted the fasted speed trap time with 339kph (210.6mph) 4kph faster than the next car which was Rosberg. Mclaren are either running super slippy or just have good pace or everyone else is sandbagging.
    Either way first day back in the car after a big shunt an he does that kind of speed, man has no fear!

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Mercedes only run at about 80% is what most people suggest on Fridays. Whilst McLaren and others are at 100%. Jenson Button suggested as much when people wondered where his quali pace went as he was quiet high up the grid on Friday.

It's a problem Ferrari have, Mercedes can run the engines at high power modes for a lot longer than Ferrari and with no risk to the engine.

It's why Ferrari looked close in practice 3 then where half a second away come Qualy.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It's pretty obvious McHonda have been running fume fuel loads and low downforce in practice sessions.

Really want them to do better as the season progresses though. Althogh if I were Ron I'd be focusing almost the entire budget on 2017 and getting Alonso/JB's names on contracts to keep the sponsors happy.

6. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

With Vandoorne's performance a few weeks ago I would like to see him get the nod next season

7. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I'm happy about this myself, but my fantasy team is going: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

8. rollo

rollo Modder

He starts last or from pitlane depending on what they have to fix so your fantasy team is properly screwed lol

9. fix-the-spade

Given the quali result your fantasy team is now saying uuuuuuuuuuuck too.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'll sort out the fantasy scores mayyybe tomorrow, pending parenting commitments, most likely during lunchtime Monday. :)

11. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Oh god, I just caught up on qualifying. :waah: [​IMG]

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I really like Ted Kravitz and his little notebooks. He's a bit clumsy and cumbersome, todays began with a Clueso-esque fight with an umbrella, but it adds to his charm in my opinion and a bit of light heartedness in the cold and bleak super serious F1 world. But he's obviously a massive f1 fan and genuinely loves running round getting all those little snippets for us.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

100%. Ted is great.

14. David

Well, that was eventful!

Very enjoyable race.

15. rollo

rollo Modder

Nico had a great race not that we saw it, feels like Mercedes domanince has reached a place where no one will compete.

Sky sports keep talking up the non existent Ferrari threat, facts are they are further behind now than last year.

Lewis is effectively 5 race wins behind Nico already assuming Nico finishes p2 in all of them. Another low finish or none finish would be the end of the championship after 4 races. Merc car seems bullet proof in races even with the damage Lewis car had it still finished.

Race was enjoyable to watch but lacked the thrill factor at the front. Nico did a Vettel/ Lewis and was 1 full pit stop clear mid way through the race.

Nico could have this title done and dusted effectively in the next 2 races win them both with Lewis low down the field or none finish and the gaps will be too big for any recovery.

First 3 races have been entertaining because of issues with the Front runners more than anything else. If we get a clean race start to finish I don't think everyone will say that's been a great race in truth.

16. David

WTF has Vettel been smoking? Trying to blame Kvyat for his own fuq-up and subsequent collision with Kimi? Kvyat was like, "What was I doing? I was racing. What were you doing!?".

17. fix-the-spade

Princess Stampy Foot is both a four time world champion, driving for Ferrari AND German.

He is always right.

ALWAYS.

Kvyat's IDGAF reaction was pretty funny though, racing drivers are great when they argue.

Speaking of which, Button proclaiming that he had no idea what he was doing on the grid walk was quite funny too.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Formula-Yawn all over again. Need to get rid if the corrupt old farts who currently run F1, though what chance new people won't also be corrupt? Corruption seems to have become an essential component of elite sport these days, as the amount of money involved rockets.

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I'm not sure I saw the race the same as you, other than Nico scampering off into the distance I thought this was great race with lots of action, overtaking, and incidents.

The fact that we had 2 or 3 top drivers trying to work their way through the field realy livened things up.

Reverse grids anyone? :worried:

20. David

Was just about to ask if he'd bothered to watch, or didn't and had made an assumption, because it was a great race.