1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Need for Speed (2015) PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Vault-Tec, 19 Mar 2016.

1. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

i still want this game alot. But i just cant justify the price. Money ended up tight this month and i had like 15 quid in my game allowance ( lol) and i picked up quantum break.

This is still over 30 for a game thats been out since last year, granted not on pc, but jeezo. Drop the price It will sel like hot cakes

2. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

To hell with it, I went and bought the DVD anyway. Also found a DLC on cdkeys for 99p for the game so will see how that goes when the game arrives tonight. Gonna be busy over the weekend :rock:

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Nice one man. Honestly of all the games I've bought lately it was one of the few I'd have paid full retail on.

I may try and test it with SLI myself tomorrow night. It's not a huge download and I run my 760 SLI @ 1440p DSR so that should give it a good enough workout.

4. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Cheers VT. First car I'm purchasing will be the EK9 Civic Type R, always wanted one in real life, just didn't have the funds to sort it.

5. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

First impressions of the game are mostly good. Installation of the game was fairly painless and I managed to get 2 hours in last night before I almost fell asleep behind the wheel (X-Box controller).

Rubberbanding is maddening, so is the AI in the game. Leading a race against Amy for 98% of the race, get blindsided by an AI car pulling out from the right, lost the race on the line.

I also didn't know that a Civic Type R had a 7 speed box as well, who knew? :thumb:

Overall, I did enjoy it though. And now I have a shiny Civic wrapped in blue, pushing 360bhp with a turbo and Rays TE37 rims on it. No NOS as yet, thought it would be better spending the cash on improving the engine performance and handling before I start chucking huge amounts of cash on extras.

It's also a pity that you can't adjust the gear ratios and final drive like you could in NFS:U2. Maybe in a future update?

No driving tonight though as I am bowling, so will crack on again tomorrow :D

Last edited: 14 Apr 2016
  6. Vault-Tec

Yeah the rubber banding is annoying but it's been there since the first Underground.

7. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

Anyone playing this with a Logitech g29?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

8. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

It's not a problem anymore with my 700bhp R34 Skyline GTR. By the time the rubberbanding snaps back, I'm pretty much crossing the finishing line :D

It's a drifting machine also, so much better than the Civic.

9. Vault-Tec

Yup it's easy to simply make your car so beastly that they don't stand a chance :)

Oh yeah dude pics ! we want to see your chav monstrosity in all of its glory :D

I've not had time to play this for about a week now. Will be super busy next week too sadly but will be back in as soon as I can get a spare hour or so :D

Going back to the rubber banding? yeah you're right. However as you say if you keep on top of things it never becomes an issue really. As in; make some cash and keep your car up to date and you shouldn't really have any issues with it.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2016
  10. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Since my last post, I have been through 2 other cars: Mazda RX-7, Porsche 911 Carrera S2 (I think) and now have got a Nissan GTR Premium 2017 pushing 950bhp. No styling mods to speak of though, but damn it's fast!! :jawdrop:

Wrapped in rose gold (almost) but want to have the roof and bonnet in black at some point. Pity some of the rear spoilers are way over the top but can't adjust the downforce without one. Was going to get the Ferrari 458 but decided against it in the end :)

Will post some pics of the GTR when I have finished wrapping it...

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

SLI doesn't work on my 670s, I've heard from friends that it works fine on more recent cards, however, so it just looks like Nvidia has stopped supplying SLI profiles for my cards, which is a bit of a bugger, but not the end of the world.

For reference; "Doesn't Work" here means that I get horrible performance, massive stutter and hitching and it generally feels awful. highs of 60FPS, lows of 3, frametimes of up to 400ms just to display one frame at points. Absolutely atrocious. The game is sat in "Single Card" mode in NVCPL as a result, so I don't have to knock the entire system out of SLI mode just to play the game, at least, unlike Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Lazy trick for adjusting aero; stick a spoiler on, make your changes, then revert to stock/remove it. As far as I can tell; the game remembers your aero changes and keeps them applied, just doesn't let you change it any further without the spoiler again. I've used that trick on the odd car where a non-standard spoiler just didn't look right.

Last edited: 22 Apr 2016
  12. Vault-Tec

I don't think it's Nvidia dude I think it's just devs in general have completely and totally given up.

I urge people now not to buy Crossfire or SLI set ups in any shape or form unless you are folding or using them for other purposes other than gaming. Pretty much every recent game launched does not work at all and will not work at all due to the game devs not coding in support.

Nvidia and AMD can only do so much if the game is friendly toward AFR. If it isn't? well, as we now know you're pretty screwed.

So yeah my advice would be run a sensible resolution and buy a GPU that's complete overkill and then you can just game without all of the aggro hassle and expense (ex 4k owner).

13. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I think things are just going a little wonky at the second because DX12 is coming over the horizon, so developers are having to figure out what in the hell they're doing with a new API and such, hopefully, however, it will usher in a new age of multi-GPU support, assuming DX12 actually manages multiple cards as well as people keep claiming.

I do think that I've been hung out to dry with my system though, the Processor alone is five years old, I'm pretty sure the SSD is pushing six, The cards are just horribly Vram limited in everything I play now, ( I generally run out of video memory before I run out of GPU Power ) It wouldn't surprise me if Nvidia has stopped writing profiles for the 6xx series, since they are sufficiently old that they can justify stopping exclusive support. if the profiles for newer cards happen to work; Cool. If not: Oh well, no skin off their backs.

14. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Got 3 Porsches in the garage now. Got Nakai-san's RWB Porsche RSR, got a RWB Porsche 993 and a widebody Porsche 996. Still got the GTR 2017 but it doesn't get driven much now as I use the RWB Porsche for pretty much everything. Still got the Civic, planning to upgrade it fully tonight and see how it performs.

On another note, I can take snapshots in the game, but I am unable to export them and trying screenshot dumps doesn't work either. Anyone got any ideas on how to export snapshots form the game?

15. Vault-Tec

I was using FRAPS mate :)

16. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Shame really, I loved HP and HP2.

Hopefully someone will mod the game and make them more frequent and harder.

17. Vault-Tec

They're as hard as you want them to be. You can either escape as fast as you can or you can invite the chase, at which point it becomes far more intense.

18. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Until the price comes down on this I will be giving it a wide birth - as much as I want it the days of me paying top whack for a game have long gone. I used to love the NFS series of games, but over the last few years the quality has really suffered.

It seems to me they want to release a game every year and suck us all dry for cash and not actually make a quality product.

19. Vault-Tec

Only this is a quality product and had far more than a year put into it. This was worked on for around three years. There was a leak about a year before it actually launched but yeah, they did put some serious time into it.

The graphics are about as good as I have ever seen, the mods are thorough and it's a very polished product so long as you play it on one GPU. There are tiny little niggly things wrong with it yes but please tell me what game has been perfect? About as close as I have ever seen to perfection was Fallout 3, and even that was marred with serious bugs and problems.

I had your attitude before I played this. It's far, far better than "just another crap NFS game".

As I said on the first page of the thread this is about as close to NFSU3 as you are going to get so I would just enjoy it as it's a very good game.

20. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

I concur, and with the patch that was applied on the 27th, there are even more races available, including real multiplayer races. Today, there is a 25% off all car mods etc, though not sure if it applies to cars or not.

Will be back on the streets in my Porsche tonight, after I've seen Civil War :rock: