1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Tie P5 Advanced

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Imfaceroll, 10 Mar 2016.

1. Imfaceroll

Imfaceroll What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Thermaltake Case Mod Invitational Build: http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/43337-australia-corey-gregory/

Hello everyone and welcome to my build log. Firstly I would love to start by introducing myself. My Name is Corey Gregory and I go by the modding name 'Imfaceroll Gaming'.

I am 22 years old from Australia. By day I work in the engineering fields of Surveying. My main hobby's are obviously PC Modding as well as Sports and Gaming.

I like to think of myself as being an average Joe trying to achieve his goals. My PC Modding life started 18 months ago with my first pc being a desk pc. Since then I have gone on to build a number of builds for displays at events like PAX. My PC building grew into a passion and having no access to 3D printers, Lathe and CNC machines has really helped me develop skills which have all been self taught with basic hand tools.

'If you do not give it ago you will not achieve' I live by this philosophy, something may look difficult to do but I encourage people to have ago and strive to achieve.

As you can see from the banner I am heading towards the SI-FI side of things and in particular Star Wars. I didn't want to revile too much to begin with so I feel a teaser banner is certainly fitting for this PC. Please feel free to have a guess =)

It is a privilege to work along side these top modders and I thank Thermaltake and all Partners for making this event possible.

I will be video logging Progress here: www.youtube.com/imfacerollpcgaming
    and posting photos on Facebook as well as this thread www.facebook.com/imfacerollgaming

Specs:

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Forumla Motherboard
    Intel Core i5 6600K
    Asus GeForce GTX 980 Strix x2
    Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256gb
    Avexir Red Tesla 16gb 2666mhz
    Thermaltake Toughpower DPS RGB 1250w
    Thermaltake Liquid Cooling

2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Good luck making a Tie fighter using two P5s back to back.

Just PROMIS to NOT make a rapvideo about it this time jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

3. Imfaceroll

[​IMG]

We just received our first shipment from thermaltake, the two Core P5 Cases that we will be working with.
    I got a great opportunity today to look at these cases a little closer and I am very happy with the design.
    The case is a very simple sturdy design that I am very excited to work with.

I Plan on using the two Core P5's in a Star Wars themed build and in particular a TIE Fighter Advanced (Hence the name TIE P5 Advanced).

Core P5 Highlights Video:

Here are a few starter images for everyone to check out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Imfaceroll

Thermaltake PSU

Welcome back everyone and happy easter to all. We just received our power supply for the build, the Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1250W Titanium Power Supply and this power supply is quite unique as you can monitor is via an app to view different information about the power supply.

I Hope you all enjoy this small highlights video and images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Imfaceroll

Tt eSPORTS Goodies

Another quick update for everyone, we received another surprise package in the mail recently containing some Tt eSPORTS goodies to go with our Star Wars TIE Fighter PC. Check this awesome gear out below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you are all enjoying the progress so far, stick around to see our beginning progress shortly.​

6. Imfaceroll

Liquid cooling Goodies

Here is some liquid cooling goodies from thermaltake that will be going into our TIE P5 Advanced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Photos shortly I hope you are enjoying the hardware goodies so far.

7. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I don't mean to be an asshole but this is now your 5th reply in your own thread and we have seen 0 modding or even building for that matter. You have received just about everything in a single shipping and you're extending it like mad.

Maybe time to actually do something and show it?

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

+1

Dozens of product shots modding.

9. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

can you drop some links on other stuff you've done? i typed in facebook but i thought i would be seeing a modding page, but didnt.

Thermaltake overkill....

10. Imfaceroll

well actually we didnt receive everything nin one shipment, well at least i didnt. The hardware came late, the power supply came first, i only just received a waterblock last week, the core p5s arrived second so its actually been scattered

11. Imfaceroll

Lighting for the build

I managed to find some spare time today to get a few photos of the lighting that will be in the build. The Thermaltake Riing fans as well as the Lumi Color 256c magnetic LED Strips. Build progress shortly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you are all enjoying the hardware so far.​

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Hi Imfaceroll. I'meyesroll.

Absolutely loving all of the photos of the hardware so far please keep posting more I don't think there are nearly enough.

:rolleyes:

13. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Can the next post please be of work in progress or I'll have to move this thread out of Project Logs.

Ta

GK

14. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I'm thinking of posting my next Scan invoice with pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. uerseya

uerseya Covered in rock wool

Pic's or didn't happen .... your buld that is .... take the none too subtle hints .... FFS!!

16. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amagriva View Post
    30 pictures of hardware no actual modding. Please move to section advertising-commercials.
    Thanks

17. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Last edited: 20 Apr 2016
  18. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Please do not spam this thread like you spammed the other one by comparing apples and oranges. You were warned there and have been in the past. And also please do not double post.

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm confused by what is going on in this thread, so with that in mind, instead of doing my job I'm going to put on the most moronic moderation hat possible.

Basically if I get called back in here tomorrow for people still acting like a bell end, then I'm going to waste my precious spare time working out who exactly is in the wrong. At this point I'll likely be pretty annoyed about having to spend my evening doing said task, and people will be getting the banhammer.

Sort it out.

20. Imfaceroll

Hello my good friends! today we start showing our build and our vision of building a Star Wars TIE Fighter Advanced. I will be using all major features of the core p5 case within this build however each feature may not function as it is intended for ;). Lets get into our first progress.

Its funny but the idea of building a TIE Fighter didn't hit me until my wonderful fiancé wanted to go buy some plants. Hanging there right in front of us was this cool looking plant pot

[​IMG]

But what got me was when you remove the material you are left with a quarter of a ball, and it is steel (easy to weld off and a strong base frame for what we need).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So of course instead of her getting plant pots i ended up getting some instead. however I did offer here the material inside.

[​IMG]

I needed the inside of the ball to be hollow obviously so i can fit components inside so it was time for some dremel work to remove a few steel rods

[​IMG]

then I had to clean up the cuts with a file

[​IMG]

and then lastly smoothen it all out with the grinding stone

[​IMG]

so we are left with 4 quarters looking like this

[​IMG]

I hope you are enjoying progress so far, more updates shortly.​